The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Is there any young players in the system that could make an impact in the next year or 2. It sucks seeing other teams have these prospects who come in and succeed right away. Guys like Bellinger, Turner, Margot, Benintendi, Judge, Sanchez etc. 

23 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Alford and Gurriel Jr could probably do so.

Rowdy Tellez looks promising at 1B

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Is there any young players in the system that could make an impact in the next year or 2. It sucks seeing other teams have these prospects who come in and succeed right away. Guys like Bellinger, Turner, Margot, Benintendi, Judge, Sanchez etc. 

The one guy I'm really excited for is Vladimir Guerrero Jr, really believe he's going to be EE 2.0 and better, he may get a chance in 2 years, but probably more 3 years away, but if he keeps tearing up every level, it could be 2 years. 

One guy they mentioned today in the game with Guerrero Jr. was Bo Bichette they both play single A with Lansing, honestly don't know this guy he plays SS, but looking at his batting stats the guy looks SICK! And another guy on that team is putting up good numbers is Bradley Jones 1B, but like Xbox said I think that Tellez has a good shot in a year or two, or even this year a call up if injuries happen maybe, but he did better in spring season with the Jays then he's doing in Buffalo so far.

Alford and Gurriel Jr. as Hitman said are also 2 guys who have a good shot, Pompey is another one who will probably step in sooner then 2 years. The Jays actually have some good prospects coming in the field positions, it's the pitching I don't see much depth besides Sanchez and Stroman(hopefully).

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Big win today. We seem to be able to hover around the .500 range as of late.

If we didn't blow our 8 saves, our club would be 19-12 right now.

In 8 of those blown saves we came back to win 4 of them. So we'd actually be 15-16 but that would put us within striking distance. 

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

In 8 of those blown saves we came back to win 4 of them. So we'd actually be 15-16 but that would put us within striking distance. 

Oh, someone on reddit wrote that the club would be 18-12 prior to today's game if we didn't blow saves. I thought 8 blown seemed a little off.

Nice to see Biagini step up when the team really needed him...

What I really liked seeing was Travis tracking Biagini down in the dugout and apologizing for booting the grounder that eventually turned into an unearned run. JB told him "no worries"...

It shows the guys are all still pulling in the same direction and no-one is giving up.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Xbox said:

Oh, someone on reddit wrote that the club would be 18-12 prior to today's game if we didn't blow saves. I thought 8 blown seemed a little off.

Yea we did blow 8, but went 4-4 after the save was blown in those games.

• Upvote 1

Nice series win vs the Rays this past weekend. Biagini was solid in his 1st career start. Barney continues to heat up. Haven't been following the team much since we have an awful record with JD and Tulo out the lineup. Hopefully we just continue to win series and not worry about our record. The team will heat up eventually once we get healthy. Edwin's return will be interesting also. It's been a busy week or so for me so hope for all the best for the Jays. Will try to catch a game or two eventually. Go Jays!

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Hey guys, where's shaksy? Haven't seen him around in forever 

Last post was back in Feb around the 18th. Have not seen him in the "What are you listening to" threads either. And he is missed there as well as here. :( 

32 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

And I really wish that America would expand its borders by 25km to the north. 

If America appeals to you that much, move there, leave the border in place where it is.