The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

32 minutes ago, Xbox said:

That moment when we were all concerned about Estradas health this year and he's the only one left who's healthy.

Sadly, it is hard to imagine how a guy that is 5'8 (I bet that is generous) can have a long career as a pitcher (especially the way that Stro pitches). That's like an average of a full 12 inches shorter than the average height in the Yankees bullpen. He's certainly proved people wrong before, though. 

Edited by Down by the River

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Sadly, it is hard to imagine how a guy that is 5'8 (I bet that is generous) can have a long career as a pitcher (especially the way that Stro pitches). That's like an average of a full 12 inches shorter than the average height in the Yankees bullpen. He's certainly proved people wrong before, though. 

Yeah, the height was a discussion we were having in this thread when the Blackmon rumours surfaced.

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

That's why I was preachin to sell high on him. 

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As was I. I'd bet the Blackmon trade could have been done after Stro's performance in the WBC...

Yes for sure, but then Shapkins would have had to sign another pitcher. In saying that though, I'd way rather have Blackmon on the team rather than Pearce.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

5 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes for sure, but then Shapkins would have had to sign another pitcher. In saying that though, I'd way rather have Blackmon on the team rather than Pearce.

I think that's probably why the deal didn't happen. You never know though, after Stro's performance in the WBC, Shatkins might have been able to get a back of the rotation starter thrown in. Maybe a guy like John Gray or German Marquez.

The thing about Blackmon is that he checks so many boxes. Hits for average and power, plus he has good speed. He could lead off, or (with KP having a good start) would make an ideal #2. Being a lefty, he could shoot for the hole between 1st and 2nd, whenever Pillar gets on.

Plus he's an upgrade defensively over every outfielder not named Pillar...

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that's probably why the deal didn't happen. You never know though, after Stro's performance in the WBC, Shatkins might have been able to get a back of the rotation starter thrown in. Maybe a guy like John Gray or German Marquez.

The thing about Blackmon is that he checks so many boxes. Hits for average and power, plus he has good speed. He could lead off, or (with KP having a good start) would make an ideal #2. Being a lefty, he could shoot for the hole between 1st and 2nd, whenever Pillar gets on.

Plus he's an upgrade defensively over every outfielder not named Pillar...

Agreed. Would have been swell. 

15 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Thank goodness for Morales, he saved our bacon in a big way tonight

I don't think you can understate the importance of Barnes' appearance either. If he doesn't come in and stop the bleeding after Liriano was pulled, we're probably not talking about Morales' dingers.

In fact, the entire bullpen looked great last night and it's a really good sign, considering how many leads they've given up to this point of the season.

Now maybe if we can get some guys healthy, we can start to turn this thing around...

Man, Bautista really looks disinterested with the team. I don't know if he misses the Parrot or if he's mailing it in, but it's really frustrating to see. Likewise with Edwin. They aren't the same person without each other.  

Is there any young players in the system that could make an impact in the next year or 2. It sucks seeing other teams have these prospects who come in and succeed right away. Guys like Bellinger, Turner, Margot, Benintendi, Judge, Sanchez etc. 

1 hour ago, gmen81 said:

Is there any young players in the system that could make an impact in the next year or 2. It sucks seeing other teams have these prospects who come in and succeed right away. Guys like Bellinger, Turner, Margot, Benintendi, Judge, Sanchez etc. 

Alford and Gurriel Jr could probably do so.