The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The way it is...Tony G's take....

Honky Cat

Tony "Crpytkeeper" Gallagher got Gillis hired and has been trying to get Tortorella fired since the first game.

Torts has to go there is something that is going on it seems like he is putting his thought s ahead of the success of the team. Mixing people up putting them on different lines hes like a salt and pepper shaker except we dont eat are hockey team.

Someone is intentionally doing something to the water these guys dont have any energy push god dam push...that was thier last game and they played like they were getting ready to play golf. Very disappointing ...Los anglelas game was the best game I seen this year with this team period, Sedins were playing like they used too.. man I was so excited I thought they turnned the corner..

But win 1 lose 1 is still the theme...Horrible!!!!!~

Keep Torts as long as it takes to shake these NTC quitter veterans.

This team needs at least 4-5 changes in its starting lineup next season and if the new GM keeps with thebigger faster model than Torts might have the right ponies.

E.Kane- R.Kesler- Z.Kassian

Matthias- Couterier - Bfuglien

Horvat- Santorelli- N.Jensen

Sestito- Richardson- Lain

As for Linden taking over as president, he was a great Canuck but has done zero to show he has any hockey executive ability. If the Aquilinis are even considering hiring Linden, then they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

I agree. Don't know why the 1040 team is salivating over this possibility. We go from hiring a player agent with no experience that no one foresaw as a GM to an ex player who has a few years running a fitness club, and worked for a year helping out as a union rep during negotiations (which wouldn't endear him to some owners). He hasn't even been involved in any minor hockey club since retiring. I like Trevor as a person, but IMO it would be rash and foolish to hand that kind of responsibility to Trevor right now.

worked for a year helping out as a union rep during negotiations (which wouldn't endear him to some owners).

Actually, the owners are mostly okay with Linden because the players caved to end that lockout, and Linden was one of the leadership group that gave in to management to end it. Linden made a lot of enemies among players across the league who saw him as Bettman's guy. Player agents were also disappointed with how much the players gave up, and some probably blame Linden for his part in it. Imagine trying to sign a free agent and having to deal with an agent who is looking to get even. Outside of Vancouver, Linden is not that much beloved.

Actually, the owners are mostly okay with Linden because the players caved to end that lockout, and Linden was one of the leadership group that gave in to management to end it. Linden made a lot of enemies among players across the league who saw him as Bettman's guy. Player agents were also disappointed with how much the players gave up, and some probably blame Linden for his part in it. Imagine trying to sign a free agent and having to deal with an agent who is looking to get even. Outside of Vancouver, Linden is not that much beloved.

Yeah, that's the way I saw it too for the most part. But there still may be some small degree of acrimony just because he "fought" them no matter how pathetically. And your point also means that there still may be some trouble acquiring players who didn't like him being part of the negotiating team that caved. He kind of burned his candle at both ends.

Imagine an article written by a Province scribbler that doesn't include a sh!tl!st of Canucks whose bones they wish to pick.

Ramble on cryptkeeper.

Chris Higgins the sleepwalker. The perennial 40 point third liner, who is a career +227 in takeaway/giveaways, a truly elite two way tweener who brings it every shift and every year (yeah, he's never made more than 2.5 million) - is on TG's hit list. You truly have a gift for making an idiot of yourself Tony.

Aside from that, I think I hear your point, if I were to choose the right tangent.

Fire Tortorella.

Don't necessarily disagree, but the irony is your call for a coherent plan.

You can't even piece together a single coherent page.

Imagine an article written by a Province scribbler that doesn't include a sh!tl!st of Canucks whose bones they wish to pick.

Ramble on cryptkeeper.

Chris Higgins the sleepwalker. The perennial 40 point third liner, who is a career +227 in takeaway/giveaways, a truly elite two way tweener who brings it every shift and every year (yeah, he's never made more than 2.5 million) - is on TG's hit list. You truly have a gift for making an idiot of yourself Tony.

Aside from that, I think I hear your point, if I were to choose the right tangent.

Fire Tortorella.

Don't necessarily disagree, but the irony is your call for a coherent plan.

You can't even piece together a single coherent page.

just because you disagree with his opinions doesn't make him an incoherent writer

Higgins is not an elite anything

pretty decent player for his role and money, though

just because you disagree with his opinions doesn't make him an incoherent writer

Simply playing in the NHL makes you "elite" IMO. That's a pretty select group.

Now if you can become an elite NHL player that's a whole other level.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Neely+deal+spelled+Canucks+doom+explain/6229343/story.html

And a career 40 point player - who has managed that kind of production playing on the Canucks third line (and sometimes tweening on a battered 2nd line) is in fact elite third line production in the NHL, and production that is consistently in significant excess of what can be expected of a player in his cap range.

One of the better bang for your buck players in the NHL year after year. Tony can call that 'narcolepsy' but coming from the cryptkeeper, that is delicious ironing.

Definitely agree with Tony. Fire Torts. Fire Gillis. In terms of players, I like a lot of our current team. They just haven't lived up to their potential this year. They just need better direction and supporting pieces. No need to unload a bunch of our players. I'm tired of this "trade Kesler" crap. Kesler should have been named captain instead of Sedin. The Sedins are who need to be traded. They have been invisible this year, are getting old, are getting injured more often, and just aren't the same kind of two-way, hard-worker like Kesler is. I see Kesler as more of the guy to build around in the future. We need to be more of a hard-nosed, speedy, hard-working kind of team.

He is right on a lot of points there. This franchise needs a complete redo. People who are not working is Gillis, torts, Kesler. For Kesler he just doesn't play as a teammate. When was the last time you saw him make a nice pass? or stand up for a teammate? In my opinion he is just mentally gone from Vancouver his ego issues are also not working for the dressing room. We need a reset. fire Gillis, fire Torts and trade Kesler. We also need to trade Hansen as he is just taking up a roster spot and doing nothing. use the salary saved from Kesler and Hansen and sign Paul Stastny as our second line center and inject some youth. We should be back in a couple years.

Yesterday was the last drop for me regarding Kesler. How many times does he try to dangle alone through an entire team only to lose the puck.

Kassian makes unreal passes already. Does Kassian have a greater IQ than Kesler? Perhaps.

Kesler is done in Vancouver in my opinion.

Keep Torts as long as it takes to shake these NTC quitter veterans.

This team needs at least 4-5 changes in its starting lineup next season and if the new GM keeps with thebigger faster model than Torts might have the right ponies.

E.Kane- R.Kesler- Z.Kassian

Matthias- Couterier - Bfuglien

Horvat- Santorelli- N.Jensen

Sestito- Richardson- Lain

E. Kane?

That will probably not do much for creating a positive atmosphere around the team.

Yesterday was the last drop for me regarding Kesler. How many times does he try to dangle alone through an entire team only to lose the puck.

Kassian makes unreal passes already. Does Kassian have a greater IQ than Kesler? Perhaps.

Kesler is done in Vancouver in my opinion.

Let us hope so .. if Gillis is the Management scapegoat, let Kesler be the Player scapegoat ..

Definitely agree with Tony. Fire Torts. Fire Gillis. In terms of players, I like a lot of our current team. They just haven't lived up to their potential this year. They just need better direction and supporting pieces. No need to unload a bunch of our players. I'm tired of this "trade Kesler" crap. Kesler should have been named captain instead of Sedin. The Sedins are who need to be traded. They have been invisible this year, are getting old, are getting injured more often, and just aren't the same kind of two-way, hard-worker like Kesler is. I see Kesler as more of the guy to build around in the future. We need to be more of a hard-nosed, speedy, hard-working kind of team.

Sorry but 8 posts in and you couldn't be more wrong if you drove the garbage truck in Wrongville.

Take off your man-crush glasses and use some hockey accumen when speaking of Kesler. Not a team guy, moody as hell and hardest working? Nice break away last night and the defenseman reels him in before he can even get a shot off. Later in the game the Canucks have an odd man chance in the Ducks zone but nothing happens because your saviour Kesler has the puck.

He's the first player that needs to go and I will have no problem driving him to the airport.

Archived