The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFF RACE

Del Rio

Boring, pathetic effort.

Glad I'm not the one shelling out 300 for a pair of tickets.

Not sure what they use as a marketing ploy for 2014/15.

I think they have no choice but to go after the top free agents and hope to land one to get the fans excited about the season again (Vanek Moulson or Callahan).. everyone is choked right now, but once we upgrade the team in the off-season, seats will be full almost every game once again.. Without a big signing its gonna be a hard sell for the owners

You make sense of none.. Teams not garbage, management is garbage. Start fresh next year a few young guys in the lineup and Bieksa for captain

Management wasn't on the ice,but the players named were.....lol !

I think they have no choice but to go after the top free agents and hope to land one to get the fans excited about the season again (Vanek Moulson or Callahan).. everyone is choked right now, but once we upgrade the team in the off-season, seats will be full almost every game once again.. Without a big signing its gonna be a hard sell for the owners

Pleasing the fans ain't gonna win championships. They're gonna have to be patient with a rebuild

i'm not taking sides on the torts scenario but i can definetly tell you that his comment about not being able to hear the fans chant "fire gillis" is full of crap, he basically didn't want to stir more drama about the GM i guess.

and he was probably just happy it wasn't a "Fire Torts"| chant.

A team missing the playoffs with a rigid defensive system isn't exactly free-agent heaven.

Is the team even listening to Torts anymore..?...The team obviously tuned him out this game....This,as a first year coach,is pretty sad..I have a hard time believing any player would want to come back to this environment next year...From a coaching standpoint,it's been a bust from the get go... Think the GM has done some good moves in the past year,but has made some blunders..I still think he deserves another year.

It's too bad that the Sedins were 30 when they hit their prime...plus Burrows,Bieksa etc....In the natural cycle of sports,it's now the Canucks turn to hang with the mediocre teams for a few years...We had a good run for the last 6-7 years.

Anyway,there's always next year

Is the team even listening to Torts anymore..?...The team obviously tuned him out this game....This,as a first year coach,is pretty sad..I have a hard time believing any player would want to come back to this environment next year...From a coaching standpoint,it's been a bust from the get go... Think the GM has done some good moves in the past year,but has made some blunders..I still think he deserves another year.

It's too bad that the Sedins were 30 when they hit their prime...plus Burrows,Bieksa etc....In the natural cycle of sports,it's now the Canucks turn to hang with the mediocre teams for a few years...We had a good run for the last 6-7 years.

Anyway,there's always next year

Coach was fired last year because our team was underperforming= the am underperforming again this year do fire another? It's the GM, no coach could coach this mess.

Fire Gillis without question, and I'm undecided whether I want Torts to stick around or not....

But let's not be negative about this. Look at the Top 5 in the Draft this year. If anyone picks "off the board" and we're picking 6th we'll be getting a SUPERSTAR. If the top 5 goes according to plan, we'll still be getting an absolute blue-chipper in Perlini/Ehlers/Virtanen,etc

I want a full rebuild so sick of seeing the same players playing the same slow style turnover the puck

out edler bieksa kesler sedins garrison everyone one

gillis out torts out smyl out gilman out

only player I would keep is tanev stanton lack markstrom

Nice rant...get it all out...now breath, breath....there ya go. So you wouldn't even keep Kassian? Mathias? Richardson.

It was a bad season, I get that, but as fans we've been treated to an above average team that worked hard every night for the better party of six years. I believe the core, if they are given a better supporting cast, can be an elite team again.

Youth is needed first and foremost to give this team a more creative look and a burst of enthusiasm and speed, and if,we give a youngster or two a true chance it will pay off.

Also, I expect the twins will come back fit and hopefully make some adjustment to be ppg players again.

ALL IS NOT LOST....

Archived