The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We went from 2 number one goalies to zero in under a year? How's that?

Ooh, how about having a team that's got it's diminishing, aging core locked into no trade contracts for seemingly forever!

How many of our draft picks are currently producing on the Canucks?

Did you miss all of that?

So than you'd jump on that morons boat and agree when he says Gillis is the WORST GM EVER in canucks history?

I'm fully supportive of bringing in Feaster, as it's time to tank this sucker.

No GM is going to be able to wave his magic wand and get us franchise players. You get that via the draft. That means tanking this sucker. Like how we got the Sedins in the first place.

When we're done the tank job then you bring in figureheads like Linden/Nazzy etc. and good hockey personnel so we can try to win with the new core. This is pretty much a standard approach to rebuilding a team.

If we bring in figureheads like Linden/Nazzy etc. and good hockey personnel before we have new franchise players onboard/ready, well then you're wasting them.

If firing Feaster equates to drafting McDavid, BRING IT ON!!!

I will explode and die if we sign Jay Feaster as the new GM. No way in he11.

One of the few people in the league that I absolutely refuse to acknowledge as a quality GM. Gillis is by far the better choice if one had to be chosen. Out.

OMG JAY FEASTER IS GONNA BE the guy,,,, only gm who will be down with tortz, AQ doestn wanna pay out the contract after firing gillis

I dont want feaster :sadno:

Well then... Goodbye sedins, Kessler etc...all will be traded for Jankowski. Canucks fans got their wish, AV fired, MG fired... Now we will see what happens next.

No GM is going to be able to wave his magic wand and get us franchise players. You get that via the draft. That means tanking this sucker. Like how we got the Sedins in the first place.

When we're done the tank job then you bring in figureheads like Linden/Nazzy etc. and good hockey personnel so we can try to win with the new core. This is pretty much a standard approach to rebuilding a team.

If we bring in figureheads like Linden/Nazzy etc. and good hockey personnel before we have new franchise players onboard/ready, well then you're wasting them.

If we bring in a GM to put a product on the ice that is made to lose for that pick then our team should be investigated and be forced to forfeit that pick when found guilty.

Listening to Team 1040

they said Fester spotted at Calgary airport and they quoted festers that he would want to be with torts again

He can be with torts in a retirement home soon enough once Torts gets fired by a new GM.

Absolutely not.

Feaster has never been able to do that. That isn't his resume. He has never properly rebuilt a team. He has had the exact opposite effect. Hiring Feaster does not equal McDavid. That's a ridiculous suggestion.

Bringing in Feaster would be the worst business and hockey decision that could be made.

If you want to build through the draft you need a GM without one of the worst drafting records if the last decade.

Shouldn't you be following the laffs or the oilers , since you like tanking and losing so much?

Blake Price makes a good point about the fact that if Feaster is hired as GM, it can be implied that Torts is here for the long term given that not many GM's would gush about how great a coach Torts is like Feaster just did in that interview.

I'm just glad this is all just one big nightmare I'm having here.

See you all when I wake up.

You forgot the most damning fact.

Feaster misjudged the long-range prospects for his team so badly he actually delayed trading Iginla, Bouwmeester and Kipper for three years, in which time he could have got a much better overhaul (they were better when younger), and it would have started the rebuild a lot sooner.

Terrible, terrible thought process in the crucial GM talent of knowing the right and timely direction your team needs.

Well if they were to bring in Feaster, they may as well let him spend futures and focus on short term gratification, because the alternative would be his drafting..... :shock: That's a lose lose imo.... as would be a Feaster - Tortorella re-duet.

Gotta wonder who the actual acting GM would be if they went that route.

A few folks arguing that Feaster wasn't actually responsible for anything that happened in Calgary....not sure what is more alarming.

You'd support hiring Fester?

OK that's enough internet for you today

I totally swear sometimes that CDC is incredibly daft.

Hello? We have no franchise players. How do you supposed we come about those if not through the draft? Magic?

Anyway, the losing is going to happen. If Feaster comes in he's going to sign garbage UFA's and pretty much ensure that we continue losing like he did in Calgary, while boldly saying that they're still heading to the playoffs. Did anyone actually believe they were heading to the playoffs though?

Alternatively, the worst thing we could do is bring in a GM who trades our upcoming picks for players. If that's the case, then we're following the TO model. No thanks.

I don't care who the GM is. If the plan doesn't include utilizing the 2015 and 16 drafts to restock, then that's a fail.

Blake Price makes a good point about the fact that if Feaster is hired as GM, it can be implied that Torts is here for the long term given that not many GM's would gush about how great a coach Torts is like Feaster just did in that interview.

I'm just glad this is all just one big nightmare I'm having here.

See you all when I wake up.

Im in the same dream world, except im at a bar getting wasted gearing up for a possible dark time in this ownerships steed.

Ill save you a seat and buy you a shot.

:P

Archived