The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really? I stopped listening to Dan's brand, when he went all "Dark" Vader on everything Canucks. More news of Canucks' woes & disarray will make it a banner-day with balloons & confetti ...for Dan.

Well as far as I know he's the only non-1040 radio personality out there, plus I also really his 'McLean Monday' segment.

not a good idea, if you ask me. MG did make mistakes, but in my opinion, he is only going to learn from them. This was his first go around and he'll obviously find work somewhere else. I think he'll do better next time around

Personally what i think will happen is Trevor Linden or someone else will be hired for president, Lawrence Gillman will take over GM and we will be in the process of hiring an assistant GM.

Give me a break. Gillis 2.0. Mine as well have kept Gillis and given him life-time extension.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bad move as of now but depends who they replace MG with.

Shows how greedy and desperate owners are for money. Want ticket holders to renew their season tickets and it's evident because they could've fired Gillis after the season but never. Renewal deadline is April 9th.

This is so sad and pathetic. Clearly obvious what owners want cause they could've waited 3 more games for the season to end and then made the decision. Owners are screwing up this team :picard::(

Sadly i have to agree... i think this was the last straw i was holding on to stay a canucks fan and stop being a hockey fan altogether.

The League is run by a talking head that bows down to those in power with the almighty dollar and screw the sport.

Now it's the canucks that now OFFICIALLY SUCK! This is one of the biggest mistakes in canucks history.

I was so stoked to see MG with some money to spend for once, to get 2 of the parts this team so desperately needs. Probably won't happen now or at best it won't be as good of a deal or even close that it could of been!

Acqs.. YOU SUCK!

Vancouver media.. YOU SUCK!

Lame bi-polar cdc'ers.. YOU SUCK!

(end rant)

How is anyone surprised? Fans wanted it and the owners acknowledged that.

Oh it was a bad move. Give me a break. No it wasn't, he's screwed up this team is about time he's got fired. Time to start the healing. However if they hire Jay Feaster as the new GM we would have been better off with Gillis.

Today was a good day. First step towards becoming better.

Hm, so you're saying trading both schneider and luongo was not a bold move?

What's an example of a bold move DeNiro?

I'm down for Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, and Sedins to be traded so we can get younger and better.

Bold maybe, stupid definitely. He chucked away to #1 goalies for a prospect, a third liner, and a goalie who cant play until the games are meaningless.

Archived