The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

It would be one of the key moments in franchise history to get a guy like Bob Nicholson. His resume only reads every canadian team for the last 25 years, CEO of an organization that has won everything and been dominant (for the most part) over that period. I'm pretty sure he's qualified, I may have never heard of anyone that is more proven or qualified. He's growsely overqualified for any position in the NHL. In that regard, I don't really believe the rumors that he's interested in Vancouver.

I do, however, think he's more suited for President than GM. it's time to finally get some people that win running this team, and Nicholson would bring a proven winning culture we've never had. I have no doubt Linden can be invaluable to the team in a lesser role, but he's not qualified for Pres or GM. I also have a hard time with the Linden rumor, he's never been too keen on the idea of being a GM when asked over the years.

Just please god no Feaster in any capacity.

Oh man. So being an ex player with no hockey management experience qualifies for a president position on a flailing NHL club? Mmmmm kay. Ya.

I'd prefer they pick someone who is 'best qualified' for this position (with experience) - so this team doesn't sink any further.

Aquilini trying so hard to sell more seasons tickets he doesn't care where the direction of this team is headed. Winning games sells more than recognizable names in a hockey mad market. This ain't Florida Aquaman.

Oh man. So being an ex player with no hockey management experience qualifies for a president position on a flailing NHL club? Mmmmm kay. Ya.

I'd prefer they pick someone who is 'best qualified' for this position (with experience) - so this team doesn't sink any further.

Aquilini trying so hard to sell more seasons tickets he doesn't care where the direction of this team is headed. Winning games sells more than recognizable names in a hockey mad market. This ain't Florida Aquaman.

Lou Lamoriello did pretty damn good in New Jersey as the President and GM, with no prior hockey management experience.

I could be wrong but my understanding of the President role is that it is strictly business managment as opposed to the GM who concerns himself with the team. If that's correct, wouldn't Linden be the perfect candidate as president?

He's had success in his own business, so he's not new to the role, he's just never experienced it at this level. He's also loved by the demographic that's targeted in the industry. This seemingly makes him the ideal figurehead for this franchise. All of this is assuming that my understanding of the presidential role is correct though.

Archived