The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

Linden is dragging his arse and if he's not careful another team (Pittsburgh) will swoop in and grab Benning.

I agree i think is already to late and the ship has saled. Would of happen by now if were true. Linden has to cut losses and go for the next best thing now. Maybe shero or gilman?

I agree i think is already to late and the ship has saled. Would of happen by now if were true. Linden has to cut losses and go for the next best thing now. Maybe shero or gilman?

Stop doing speed for at least a couple hours. lol

Pittsburgh is probably going to stick with Jason Botterill. I don't think Boston will let us sign Benning until after the draft, he is a big part of their drafting and scouting so it only makes sense.

People are over reacting about not having a GM yet.

What happened to Canucks waiting until Round 2 concluded before making announcement. Linden seemed to put all his eggs in one basket (Benning) would could backfire on him if he loses out on Benning and without having a Plan B. It would then become hiring the best person left out there. Increases the chances of Mcphee getting hired.

What happened to Canucks waiting until Round 2 concluded before making announcement. Linden seemed to put all his eggs in one basket (Benning) would could backfire on him if he loses out on Benning and without having a Plan B. It would then become hiring the best person left out there. Increases the chances of Mcphee getting hired.

You think that because the media says something that Linden has to do it. Get a clue and understand how these negotiations work.

Brian Lawton is saying that Benning doesn't want the Canucks GM job. Not sure I believe him, but throwing it out there.

Former player, player agent and Tampa Bay GM. It was mentioned on team1040

Brian Lawton was asked on twitter about his comments about Benning not wanting Canucks GM position and he says that wasn't him on 1040 that said that

Lawton response from twitter:

Brian Lawton @brianlawton9 31m

"ahhhh no I never said that...... Wrong person"

I know its stupid. Some of us who wer actualy paying atention said it had to be fast but after several days now its become obvious its over and now with reports bening is no longer interested in the offer. I would cry if linden seddles on mcphee would be a catastrophey

Brian Lawton was asked on twitter about his comments about Benning not wanting Canucks GM position and he says that wasn't him on 1040 that said that

Lawton response from twitter:

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 31m

"ahhhh no I never said that...... Wrong person"

Does it matter if the real Lawton said this or that?

Does it even matter if we hire Benning or another guy?

As much as media is to blame for creating stories, here we are, hanging onto every insignificant tidbit.

You know it's not just a matter of Linden just signing whoever he wants, there are other forces involved here like the other party wanting to sign here.

Also, just because some people in some circles think Benning is the guy, it doesn't mean Linden believes he is. Linden might want someone completely different than everyone thinks....

And its not a race, Linden will sign the guy he believes is best... So everyone calm down already :-)

Archived