The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] If Evander Kane is available the Canucks need to go all-in for him

Here's to Kane and Kassian having a total down year.

That line could match Sammy-Kes-Raymond's big year. 3 guys that have been relied on to create their own offense with little help beside them. All with big shots that specialize at whacking in rebounds, match made in heaven. Also, nothing to punk with, and skate like the wind.

Canucks Simply don't have the assets for aquiring Kane. Jets don't need more youth and they certainly don't need more picks. What they need is to improve their team NOW. This is a franchise that has made the post season once going back to Atlanta. If Kane does get moved it's for someone that can provide immediate impact. And i'm not willing to part with our young players that are starting to take strides in the NHL.

If we asked Jet what they would want in return. It would start will Kassian going the other way. Team like EDM and PHI have way better trading pieces than us.

EDM makes the most sense with Eberle or Yak heading the other way. Edmonton needs to get bigger in the top 6 and Kane would provide just that.

i just dont think we have a package to make it happen. great player though, would be nice. also, really liked that quote from his junior coach he shared in that interview a few posts up, "todays news is tomorrows asswipe". so unbelievably true.

When the canucks had swagger and were considered very arrogant they made the cup finals

Yea, I don`t understand why anyone would be against arrogance in a player. Arrogance is just a form of confidence. As long as a player backs it up, I could care less if they`re arrogant.

Boston and Chicago were both very arrogant teams before they won the cup. Boston is still a very arrogant team IMO.

Yea, I don`t understand why anyone would be against arrogance in a player. Arrogance is just a form of confidence. As long as a player backs it up, I could care less if they`re arrogant.

Boston and Chicago were both very arrogant teams before they won the cup. Boston is still a very arrogant team IMO.

Agreed. Players on both those teams know they are good and have what it takes to score big goals and win playoff series. We are lacking in that department. With arrogance/confidence comes intensity which is needed in the playoffs. This whole calm, cool and collected demeanour that is infected in our canucks roster aint getting us near a cup let alone making the playoffs

Archived