The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "I would like to see Torts stay for at least one more year" thread.

SuperReverb2

Pretty sure this summer will be eventful with or without Torts getting fired. From everything I have heard, the players are OK with another year under Torts MINUS the drama. (if that's possible ha ha) Just speculating, but if that's true, then Linden might concentrate on the MUCH NEEDED player moves and a DECENT GM rather than adding a new coach to the mix as well. Especially if the "target" GM is Jim Benning who could easily be tied up until late May or even mid June depending on how the Bruins fare. Not much time for the new GM and President to get ready for the draft, (which is uber important this year) let alone find a new coach to suit the current and possible future players.

:)

Would love to see what sort of draft list Benning has with the Bruins. His expertise is exactly what the team needs to re-tool going forward.

If Torts goes, I wonder if Adam Oates will get an interview?

Imagine: Linden/Benning/Oates. Would be great to see three former NHL'rs direct this team moving forward

This whole "getting ride of Torts" thing is the media's way of doing things, in which if they had the satisfaction of seeing it happen, would be quite a waste for the canucks financially. JT has 4 years left on a huge contract, which would be a huge expense to buy out. WHy should the ticketholder bare the brunt of the liberal hasty vision this media has of doing things? SHould we pay more just to see this team screw itself? Haste makes waste.

Torts still here haters gonna hate.

We cant keep firing a coach every year while the core remains the same.

I'm surprised that both Torts and this thread are not long gone by now.

Like a lot of others, I do not hate Torts, I just think he is the wrong coach for our current roster. It was a mistake to hire him in the first place and the sooner that mistake is rectified, the better.

As I have already stated much earlier in this thread, the core of this roster is not going anywhere anytime soon. Like it or not, the previous management group tied this current core to the organization with NTC's for many years to come.

A lot of us agree that Tort's does not have the right roster to play his style of hockey, it's a misfit. Fortunately, he does not have a NTC. The only solution to this problem is to let him go and hire a coach that is a better fit.

Pretty much agreed...........Torts + core = fail

Hopefully Linden, etal will realize this and shake up the core a bit REGARDLESS of who ends up being the coach. As I've stated a few times before, this core was on a slippery downhill slope long before Torts was a thought for this club.

Therefore, so how about that Tortorella guy. You know... the Canucks' coach with three years and $6.000 MIL left on his contract?

Is he the exception to the rule and can only coach one style?

Sure looks that way to me, and I wish it wasn't so. I like him personally.

Hopefully Linden, etal will realize this and shake up the core a bit REGARDLESS of who ends up being the coach. As I've stated a few times before, this core was on a slippery downhill slope long before Torts was a thought for this club. :)

Agreed

I'm surprised that both Torts and this thread are not long gone by now.

Like a lot of others, I do not hate Torts, I just think he is the wrong coach for our current roster. It was a mistake to hire him in the first place and the sooner that mistake is rectified, the better.

As I have already stated much earlier in this thread, the core of this roster is not going anywhere anytime soon. Like it or not, the previous management group tied this current core to the organization with NTC's for many years to come.

A lot of us agree that Tort's does not have the right roster to play his style of hockey, it's a misfit. Fortunately, he does not have a NTC. The only solution to this problem is to let him go and hire a coach that is a better fit.

"Our current roster" isn't good enough. Not the coach's fault.

Keep torts. We're not going to accomplish much next season anyways

I disagree. I think the Canucks could very well be a force next year.

A couple of awesome trades and the retool is complete.

Wish list:

Spezza/ Statsny

Kane

S. Weber

Torres

With a 1D, the whole defensive system changes. No more needed are the same types of players.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - JENSEN

KANE - STATSNY - KASSIAN

BOOTH - MATTHIAS - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - TORRES

WEBER - HAMHUIS

GARRISON - TANEV

STANTON - CORRADO

LACK

MARKSTROM

Wish list:

Spezza/ Statsny

Kane

S. Weber

Torres

With a 1D, the whole defensive system changes. No more needed are the same types of players.

KANE - STATSNY - KASSIAN

WEBER - HAMHUIS

GARRISON - TANEV

STANTON - CORRADO

LACK

MARKSTROM

u think were getting Raffi back ? S.Weber ?

what exactly is that strain you're puffin ?

i want some.

Wish list:

Spezza/ Statsny

Kane

S. Weber

Torres

KANE - STATSNY - KASSIAN

WEBER - HAMHUIS

GARRISON - TANEV

STANTON - CORRADO

LACK

MARKSTROM

I think Torres has a modified NTC so he isn't going to come here

Kane is locker room cancer so I want him to stay away from the team

Higgins, Kesler, Edler, Burrows aren't in the lineup so I assume they have been traded - all 4 of them have NTC's so I don't see all 4 of them moving. I only really see Nashville interested in Kesler and maybe Higgins but there's no reason they would waive to go to Nashville and I don't think they would give up their franchise D-man for those pieces.

Stastny would probably cost more than he's worth

Anything short of a cup would a failure considering the reward for sucking is Mcdavid/Eichel/Barzal/Hanifin/Konecny/Strome

I think Torts does deserve one more chance but he NEEDS to learn to play more of a 4 line game. The 4th line needs to play more than 5 minutes a game to really show their stuff. And the top players cannot be killing penalties. That's what the 3rd and 4th liners are for. And last of all, Torts needs to keep his emotions in check behind the bench. Successful coaches keep their teams calm and cool and confident in all situations.

I think Torts does deserve one more chance but he NEEDS to learn to play more of a 4 line game. The 4th line needs to play more than 5 minutes a game to really show their stuff. And the top players cannot be killing penalties. That's what the 3rd and 4th liners are for. And last of all, Torts needs to keep his emotions in check behind the bench. Successful coaches keep their teams calm and cool and confident in all situations.

I agree

How about attending skates with his players?

Too many mistakes, can't trust him.

I see the keep Torts crew has really stepped up their game.

'This team isn't going anywhere anyway...'

'It's not just you (the coach), it's Me (the core)....'

'We can't just fire another coach....'

Such inspired reasoning would not doubt define a bright future.

I see the keep Torts crew has really stepped up their game.

'This team isn't going anywhere anyway...'

'It's not just you (the coach), it's Me (the core)....'

'We can't just fire another coach....'

Such inspired reasoning would not doubt define a bright future.

and your suggestions would be?

Archived