The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (1) Boston Bruins vs (4) Detroit Red Wings ‎

Who will win the series?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NHL is sending a horrible message here. They don't care about player safety one bit.

Don't be surprised if a lot more players starting doing what Lucic did.

Also have to think the punishment would have been different if someone like Burrows or Gallagher did it.

Lucic needs to grow up. What a joke.

So grabbing your crotch is worth 25K fine but spearing someone else there is 5k. lol this league.

If that were Burrows and not a Bruin, he'd get like 4 games for it.

I can't remember the last time the NHL showed some consistency.

Other than consistently being inconsistent of course. Just pathetic.

I can't believe the league didn't suspend Lucic. They've turned themselves into a joke. This lack of a suspension shows that the 'league' IS biased in favor of Boston... and lends credence to the idea they were so against the Canucks in the Finals. It's unbelievable. They can't pretend they didn't see it... but yet no action. A complete joke.

- there's no way I would ever want Lucic in a Canuck uniform. I've seen enough.

For those of you complaining about the $5k fine, blame the NHLPA.

To expand on that for those who dont know why he only got 5k, the NHLPA argued for a maximum player fine, which is $5,000. If they didnt think it was suspension worthy (which i dont understand) the max fine is 5k.

In Quenvilles case; he isnt a member of the NHLPA and not party to those fine sanctions, they can fine them what they feel necessary

So use your stick as a weapon and potentially do some real damage to a guy, no suspension.

Almost make a dangerous hit, and it's a 3 game suspension.

So I guess players will be doing this more often since the NHL doesn't seem to think there's much wrong with it.

It was a head shot!

(Just the little head though.)

Seriously, Lucic does the ice-cream scoop on this one, you know, where your stick blade gets under the jock and scrapes from one side to the other, scooping out the goodies.

The previous one we saw on video was more the tip of the blade right up the rectum which produces it's own weird anguish.

It is almost ok when a little "chicken" guy has been harassed by some brute and cannot find another way to even the score.

But when a tough player and good fighter like Milan resorts to this type of thing, it is shameful and cowardly.

Like it or not, there is still a code, or an unwritten but generally understood set of rules of conduct, somewhat like olden chivalry, that Lucic has broken.

The league continues its light treatment of Bruins misbehaviour but the rest of the players have taken notice of these incidents and will treat Milan accordingly.

He lost a lot of respect from his peers with these actions.

If spearing someone in the nuts isn't suspension worthy, I just don't know what is.

I couldn't agree more.

Edit*

Also the fact that he used his stick in a blatant attempt to attack another player should be considered similar intent to the mcsorley incident. Obviously not the same thing but definitely suspension worthy. If he keeps getting away with it or getting a slap on the wrist then one of these times someone is going to end up with a ruptured testicles and have compilations with having kids ect. Then it will be a really serious matter.

If he would have pulled a Kessel and chopped him in the side or something then would it be suspension worthy? Kessel got 3 games. I think that's probably the most comparable recent incident.

It was a head shot!

(Just the little head though.)

Seriously, Lucic does the ice-cream scoop on this one, you know, where your stick blade gets under the jock and scrapes from one side to the other, scooping out the goodies.

The previous one we saw on video was more the tip of the blade right up the rectum which produces it's own weird anguish.

It is almost ok when a little "chicken" guy has been harassed by some brute and cannot find another way to even the score.

But when a tough player and good fighter like Milan resorts to this type of thing, it is shameful and cowardly.

Like it or not, there is still a code, or an unwritten but generally understood set of rules of conduct, somewhat like olden chivalry, that Lucic has broken.

The league continues its light treatment of Bruins misbehaviour but the rest of the players have taken notice of these incidents and will treat Milan accordingly.

He lost a lot of respect from his peers with these actions.

I find it hard to believe there's still a code of honour among NHL players today.

I find it hard to believe there's still a code of honour among NHL players today.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

A lot of the old guard from Gordie on down have bemoaned the lack of respect the players have for each other, both in hitting and fighting.

I did not mean that someone will "get him" (to quote Torts); just more that everyone's opinion of Lucic has to be lower now that he is a repeat offender with an inordinate amount of interest in other men's genitalia.

For the fighters, some still keep the code, like not continuing when an opponent has fallen and is unable to defend himself, but if Lucic is laying there defenseless, I can see some follow through occurring which other fighters might have been spared.

MMA style fighting, with the ground and pound type of assault, has changed the way a lot of younger people and players think and act in these situations. The grappling I love, beautiful self-defense and martial artistry. Hammering a senseless, almost unconscious athlete while his head is on the ground is not. It's not sport; it's not sportsmanship; it is thuggish recreation of criminality.

Sneaking up behind someone and scooping their nuts out is heinous behaviour. Ban Lucic. Let the cry be heard throughout the land: "Barbaric! Barbaric! Barbaric!"

Archived