The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (4) Dallas Stars

Who will win the series?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Full Schedule:

Ducks vs. Stars
Wednesday, April 16 at 10 p.m. at Anaheim (NBC Sports Network, TSN)
Friday, April 18 at 10 p.m. at Anaheim (NBC Sports Network, TSN)
Monday, April 21 at 9:30 p.m. at Dallas (NBC Sports Network, TSN)
Wednesday, April 23 at 8 p.m. at Dallas (CNBC, TSN)
*Friday, April 25 at 10:30 p.m. at Anaheim (NBC Sports Network, TSN)
*Sunday, April 27 at TBD at Dallas (TSN)
*Tuesday, April 29 at TBD at Anaheim (TSN)

I find this one very tough to call. Everything says Ducks should win.

I'm going with the Stars. Benn and Seguin are just dynamite and getting hotter. I see them finding even another gear in the playoffs. I think the Ducks record flatters them a bit. Their core is excellent and their D are great at distributing the puck in the offensive zone. They have some uncertainty in goal but with good options.

For the Stars It all depends on whether Benn and Seguin continue to slash through defense and whether or not Lehtonen is Lettin em in.

Stars in 7

I find this one very tough to call. Everything says Ducks should win.

I'm going with the Stars. Benn and Seguin are just dynamite and getting hotter. I see them finding even another gear in the playoffs. I think the Ducks record flatters them a bit. Their core is excellent and their D are great at distributing the puck in the offensive zone. They have some uncertainty in goal but with good options.

For the Stars It all depends on whether Benn and Seguin continue to slash through defense and whether or not Lehtonen is Lettin em in.

Stars in 7

I'd still take Perry and Getzlaf over Benn and Seguin

I've got the Stars in this one. Benn and Seguin have skill, speed, and grit. These guys are built for the playoffs. Dallas plays a strong defensive game, and have a goalie fully capable of stealing a few games if need be. Dallas is my dark horse pick to win it all. I even made a $20 bet at 80/1 odds. I could see them pulling a Kings-type Stanley Cup victory. Boudreau is not a great playoff coach, Hiller has been terrible, Andersen is injured and Gibson is unproven. Too many question marks for the Ducks. Stars in 6.

Here are the current injuries (Game 1 means they will be back for Game 1 FOR SURE, Round 1 means they will be back at some point in the Round whether that be Game 1 or not!):

- Ducks Sheldon Souray (out), Tim Jackman (out)

- Stars Rich Peverley (out), Brenden Dillon (Round 1), Ray Whitney (Round 1)

Archived