The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Canucks attempt to Tradeup for Sam Reinhart?

*Buzzsaw*

kesler to anaheim for ottawa's 10th overall, their own 2014 1st round pick and sami vatanen.

6th overall, 10th overall, anaheim's 1st (25-30 most likely) to buffalo for 2nd overall.

draft reinhart.

at the end of the day it's kesler for reinhart and vatanen. not bad. not necessarily a home run either though.

No no no no no no

Hey Moron now we've heard your big mouth ... now how about you explain your thinking?

And Ekblad is not going to be available... Florida is not that stupid.

Calm down it's GREAT sarcasm especially when you check the three different areas of the forums that have exactly the same thread.

The answer is literally no, no they shouldn't. They'd be better served getting another top 10 pick and securing their forward lines.

Ekblad sucks. Trade the 6th pick for a pick next year, a NHL ready prospect, or package it for someone who can play now, even Evander Kane, even though I don't like him.

Ekblad is a Jay Bouwmeester at best. Reinhart is a faster Sam Gagner. None of them are worth it. Benett, by the time he's ready, he'll be on another team.

Anyone think this could happen?

Edler

6th overall (Van)

3rd overall (Edm)

33rd overall (Edm)

Yeah, then watch Edmonton trade the 6th overall for a late 2nd, and a mid 1st to draft Honka and Fleury, which would be insanely smart if Edmonton can pull it off.

kesler to anaheim for ottawa's 10th overall, their own 2014 1st round pick and sami vatanen.

6th overall, 10th overall, anaheim's 1st (25-30 most likely) to buffalo for 2nd overall.

draft reinhart.

at the end of the day it's kesler for reinhart and vatanen. not bad. not necessarily a home run either

Pretty big overpayment in my opinion. 3 draft picks, two in the top 10, to move up just four spots. Not worth it to me. I think the Kesler trade it self is a solid one but an overpayment for me to get the 2nd overall pick.

We know Sam Reinhart comes from a great pedigree, and is a nice prospect.

There is every chance he would play a lot harder if he was on the Canucks roster, following in the footsteps of his Dad. He is BC born.

Is it worth our while to try a Trade Up with the 3rd place team? Or the 2nd place team if they are thinking of taking him earlier?

He definitely has Captain qualities, and would be a great addition.

Comments?

If anything, Ekblad is the one we should target if we are moving that far up to 2nd.

Ekblad could be the #1 franchise defenseman that we were missing all this time.

No, they should try to trade up for Ekblad.

This. Unless we can pry Florida's 1st and get Ekblad for a "reasonable" cost, I don't see us moving up.

I have a feeling one of the top 5 will drop to us (come on Draisaitl!) and IMO there isn't a VAST difference between the 3-6'ish ranked guys that would be worth the cost of grabbing Edmonton's pick. Now if we can nab their pick AND retain ours without too much damage to our existing prospect pool...maybe. But I'd imagine it would cost us our 6 pick +...in which case...why?

I think the center position is looking pretty good for our future. We seem to be getting pretty deep at that position. As general team toughness seems to be a concern for our future, I really like Alex Tuch. A project, yes; but he could be a beast in three or four years. He s also a right winger which is one position we are pretty thin at.

I think the center position is looking pretty good for our future. We seem to be getting pretty deep at that position. As general team toughness seems to be a concern for our future, I really like Alex Tuch. A project, yes; but he could be a beast in three or four years. He s also a right winger which is one position we are pretty thin at.

Our best pick since the Sedins will not be spent on "projects" or "risk/reward" players. They will draft a guy who is as close to a sure thing as drafting gets.

Archived