The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Fired

Strombone1

"Why so much hate?"

You're happy with Daniel, the 55th best winger this year and Henrik the 35th best centre? At 14 million per? Had they simply performed as the 30th best winger and 15th best centre, that alone would bring us back to the median for offense.

last i checked their new contracts don't kick in til next season and yes it does make a difference not a big one but if your going to try and make statements use the correct info or it's useless post

T-Linden thinks this team is "poised to make the playoffs next year" with a "lot of work this summer"

A lot of work being the understatement of the year.

They haven't missed the playoffs twice in a row this century. I'd be more interested if they're poised to win any games once they're there.

Linden wants a seasoned coach - means guys like Trotz, Babcock, Crawford, McLellan, etc have more of a chance versus Blashill, Boucher, Johnston, etc...so forget rookie coaches or those with no NHL experience...

Also has a 'short list' for GM interviews; for sure Benning is 1, rumored also is Hextall, Michael Futa (LA scout) and likely Nicholson....

Push from the AHL/prospects key to next year...

I suspect that Trev already knows who he wants as GM and that individual has told him he does not want Torts as the coach. It's not fair to bring a GM in and make his first order of business to fire the coach.

I was hoping that Linden being in charge would end this Canuck habit of leaking important news to the press. It happened throughout MG's tenure and it happened yesterday. It's a bs way to conduct business. Is Torts even out of town yet? Geez, let him escape the media hacks, will ya?

T-Linden thinks this team is "poised to make the playoffs next year" with a "lot of work this summer"

A lot of work being the understatement of the year.

They would have made the playoffs this year if they hadn't had that pile up of injuries. It's when they have to meet a Pacific Conference team for 4-7 games they get exposed.

I think (hope) Trevor is referring to making some positive changes in the lineup this summer.

They would have made the playoffs this year if they hadn't had that pile up of injuries. It's when they have to meet a Pacific Conference team for 4-7 games they get exposed.

I think (hope) Trevor is referring to making some positive changes in the lineup this summer.

That's a stretch, there was still a lack of depth when the team was completely healthy. The team needs Jensen plus another prospect to make the team and contribute, then also acquire a powerplay quarterback and 2nd line winger or center and it can make the playoffs possibly. Lack hasn't shown he's ready to be the guy just yet, so there's that as well..

I feel bad for Torts. I was pretty surprised when he was hired but he's really grown on me.

However, you could just see by the look on his face that he was lost. He looked so defeated over last quarter of the season. He just didn't have an answer for how his team was playing. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes? Maybe Kesler and the Sedins had a say in this? I'm sure they like Torts as a person but how do you explain what happened last year? We used to be an offensive powerhouse! We still have the same core and they're capable of playing a lot better.

I think this is a tough decision to make, but it makes sense.

Hopefully Torts lands on his feet. He seems like a really good guy.

People really need to stop whining about Torts being a "scapegoat". He may not have had tons to work with but he did a bad job with what he had. I repeat he did a BAD job. THAT is why he was fired today. He's simply a bad fit for this team that he coached poorly.

And enough with the "I guess we'll fire a coach every year" garbage. AV was here damn near a decade, not one or two years. His firing and Torts hiring was a "Hail Marry" that simply failed. That is not a trend.

He has been Prez for 3 weeks,,.he was caught between a rock and a hard place and do you think he leaked the info to Lahlji?

What President/GM is going to spill his guts at a presser?

Clearly, someone leaked info to Farhan.

Linden should have gotten into politics.

Archived