The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Thread

PlayStation

Eric Lindros is honestly the best card I've ever used in HUT.

Same here. The dude is just a fricking beast. I pulled a 99OA Gretzky recently, but Lindros is so much better. Near impossible to take off the puck, and his RH shot makes him ideal for faceoffs.

Same here. The dude is just a fricking beast. I pulled a 99OA Gretzky recently, but Lindros is so much better. Near impossible to take off the puck, and his RH shot makes him ideal for faceoffs.

Yea. His puck control is incredible. Whenever I have the lead late in the third I just take him and go work it down low for a while to kill time and eventually find someone open for a cross crease. And for someone his size he has decent speed too.

Does anybody have any tips for making be a GM feel more real?

Like any restrictions or rules you put on yourself to make the be a gm feel more real?

I'm trying to enhance my be a gm experienced wanted to see if anyone else had any cool ways of approaching it.

Obviously imagination plays a large part :) Please share your tips :D

/\

More real?

Spend $16 and download Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access from Steam (recent re-release of EHM15). Then go to http://www.ehmtheblueline.com to get the current rosters and any other required information.

The GM mode in NHL15 (any of the EA hockey games, for that matter), is ridiculously poor. It would be so easy to spice it up a bit - no extra graphics, licensing, etc. - but they continue to completely neglect it.

/\

More real?

Spend $16 and download Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access from Steam (recent re-release of EHM15). Then go to http://www.ehmtheblueline.com to get the current rosters and any other required information.

The GM mode in NHL15 (any of the EA hockey games, for that matter), is ridiculously poor. It would be so easy to spice it up a bit - no extra graphics, licensing, etc. - but they continue to completely neglect it.

This is so right, lol.

It has its errors too - but overall, it IS the best "Be-A-GM" mode out there, no competition.

I have a frustrating situation in my be a gm. Lol. I started off at ARZ have made way to many trades.

Traded 2 1sts and Burke youngster goalie prospect for Elias Lindholm. He worked well with Hazal til i decided to trade him and Eriksson (who i got from boston for Perlini, Erat, and another prospect) to Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly and Connor Bleakley. I also traded Mike Smith, spare parts, and prospects for Grigerenko from Buffalo. Then the following season I went out and traded Oliver Ekman-Larson to San Jose for Micro Mueller, Irwin, some parts. Now most recently I signed Williams in free agency to anchor my 2nd line. I then decided to trade O'Reilly, Pitkanen, 2 x 1st's, high to 2nd Tampa for Drouin, Namestnikov, Garrison, Stralman, and Kilorn. Then flipped some goalie prospects + prospects for Dansk (78).

Now my lineup is:

Drouin (87) Grigerenko (84) Lindholm (83)

Marleau (87) Namesnikov (83) Williams (86)

Raymond (82) Wingels (83) Santorelli (84)

Kilorn Richardson (82) Smith (SJS) (80)

Garrison (83) Trouba (85)

Mueller (82) Stralman (82)

Robak (80) Murphy (80)

Vistinen (81)

Dansk (78)

I think its time i consider re starting lol. It's a complete mess. I think ive done a good 30 trades. should of just done 2-3 big trades. The lineup is so different. Picked ARZ for a challenge but tbh their jerseys are dreadful.

The top line combo isn't working as well as I would like. Grigerenko is phenomal going in on his own but he struggles to play a style that benefits both Drouin and Lindholm. Those 2 are a great combo. Had 5 goals from that line in 1 game and the next nothing against a tougher team.

So, for anybody who did Be a GM mode, how'd our prospects fair? I did 2 be a GM's, one at the start of the year, and one after the trade deadline.

Horvat busted bad in both. Never got past 81.

Shinkaruk hit 85 in my first Be a GM. Busted out entirely at 80 in my second file.

Jensen busted bad in file 1, but became a good second liner in file 2. 84 OA.

McCaan busted bad in file 1, but same thing as Jensen, except McCaan became an 86.

Cassels became a solid 3rd liner in both. 82 OA.

Virtanen became an 85-87 in both.

Baertschi busted at 81 in file 2.

Corrado busted out at 80 in both.

Clendening became an 87 in file 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I've mastered playing vs the cpu. Finally tried HUT and beat the ultimate team of the week with my crappy starter team on superstar mode. Scored twice on 91 overall Halak with a 62 overall forward and won 6-3.

Does anyone else still do HUT on PS3?

I'm going to. What's your PSN?

So I haven't played NHL for maybe 10 years, so a bit lost here. I downloaded NHL 15 for PS3. I can't seem to find Shinkaruk on the Utica Roster. Gaunce is there, Grenier, Fox, etc., but no Shinkaruk. Do I need to download an update to the game or something?

Could be possible, but he should be there. Also, what's your PSN? I'll add you.

Archived