The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quit being gullible, you are the problem with this team.

canuckster19

NEEDED CLARIFICATION: I'm not against trading Kesler or people wanting to trade Kesler, but don't make up reasons or listen to baseless rumours as to why he should be traded, or that he wants to be traded, that's counter-productive!

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

When you ask what is wrong with this team, look at yourself first.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

Good post +1

Sorry, I doubt the generic crowd of CDC makes that big of a difference in the long run of what is done with the team.

Can we motivate the players to play game, in game out? On a large scale I hope not. They get paid a butt-load to play hockey.

Do we affect who the coach pulls from the lineup/inserts? I seriously doubt it. The coach wants to win. If he wants to send a message he's going to pull the player regardless if he's as lovable as one of the Sedins.

Do we tell the GM's who to sign/trade etc.? Sure....

Don't be so naive. I highly doubt the fanbase on this forum makes a huge splash in the long run on the team. These guys are grown men, not elementary school kids who if you call ugly will spout the waterworks.

That being said I do agree the "2011" fanbase does seem very fickle and self entitled, but that just seems to be kids today in general. True fans will stick by the team regardless, it's better to just not let the other fans annoy you as a whole. Healthier too.

As a fan and former season ticket holder.

Kesler needs to be traded to maximize return and potential growth for this team moving forward

No rumour.

Fact

That's not the point I was trying to make, I'll wish him the best if he is traded and be fine with it, what I won't do is believe second hand rumours that he doesn't want to be a part of this team, I refuse to take part in rumour mongering that has plagued this team for decades.

Sorry, I doubt the generic crowd of CDC makes that big of a difference in the long run of what is done with the team.

Can we motivate the players to play game, in game out? On a large scale I hope not. They get paid a butt-load to play hockey.

Do we affect who the coach pulls from the lineup/inserts? I seriously doubt it. The coach wants to win. If he wants to send a message he's going to pull the player regardless if he's as lovable as one of the Sedins.

Do we tell the GM's who to sign/trade etc.? Sure....

Don't be so naive. I highly doubt the fanbase on this forum makes a huge splash in the long run on the team. These guys are grown men, not elementary school kids who if you call ugly will spout the waterworks.

That being said I do agree the "2011" fanbase does seem very fickle and self entitled, but that just seems to be kids today in general. True fans will stick by the team regardless, it's better to just not let the other fans annoy you as a whole. Healthier too.

This.

I don't get what you're trying to say.

We are the problem with the team? The team were the ones who shat the bed on the ice for the last forty games of the season.

It's not 2011 anymore. We are in need of a change, because we aren't going to win with this current roster the way it is.

As a fan and former season ticket holder.

Kesler needs to be traded to maximize return and potential growth for this team moving forward

No rumour.

Fact

If they can be moved Benning should deal Kesler and Edler. They're both high quality players, but the team needs a shuffle and these two are the most tradable. I wouldn't deal these guys just for the sake of making a deal, only trade the, if the deal makes sense in the long term.

Well I tried, the point went above everyone's head... might as well close it. No hope at all.

I better bloody well clarify myself again since people seem to want everything spelled out for them, I have lost faith in the fanbase, not the team.

You say there are people out there who are rumour mongers from other fan bases that are trying to create dissent between us and the team and yet wer'e gullible? Who the hell cares about creating dissent with us and the team? If there are people spreading rumours out there it's because they're being paid to report things whether they're true or not.

And who is going to play for the Canucks? The guys who either get the nicer paycheck than what other teams would give them or the guys we drafted and are happy to be playing in the league.

Fact is, the players know that their fans don't like losers. They don't like losing either. If you're trying to sell yourself as a exciting and winning team, you better actually do it or lower the cost for us to watch. This is still an entertainment business and season ticket holders aren't going to have fun shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars to be disappointed night in night out.

Well I tried, the point went above everyone's head... might as well close it. No hope at all.

I better bloody well clarify myself again since people seem to want everything spelled out for them, I have lost faith in the fanbase, not the team.

Please do.

I just find it weird that you're expecting us not to talk about changing a team that was the second worst in the nhl over the last 40 games.

Very much agreed. There are a lot of gullible fans here for sure and the media is right there as well.

What's worse is how such 'news' gets automatically blown of proportion instantly. The media wants this to build interest in themselves, but it is quite detrimental to the cause. But they can just point their fingers to the fans and blame us for buying into the bs.

Sometimes it is painfully obvious how inexperienced the fanbase and media group is. It's as if we've learned nothing in 40+ years.

I think things will improve though.

The positive from this is that the difficulty with this issue adds to just how glorious the teams' first cup win will be.

The point that WE determine who wants to come play for Vancouver? Again I refer you to my previous post

These guys are grown men, not elementary school kids who if you call ugly will spout the waterworks.

Honestly it's a nice sentiment but if I make THAT much of an impact on a player because I'm critical of the player, I'd seriously question their mental capabilities to handle pressure, because they sure picked the wrong career, where it's all about what have you done lately on a VAST scale.

Way to lump everyone with a few posters. I can already think of a few fan bases that are more laughable (leafs and bruins)

Why are Leafs fans laughable? They will have a horrible team and still sell out every game. No other team in sports can keep up with that.

And say what you want about Bruins fans but they support that team well. That is what being a fan is about. They aren't obligated to be nice to Nux fans.

Archived