The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quit being gullible, you are the problem with this team.

canuckster19

Now I really hope he falls to us, just so we can piss him off. Even better is that we have you to report to us how he feels about it

Can't wait!

I'll only be able to report to you guys if he stays with the Generals. If he moves to the other side of the country, I can't really do much. Tbh, I think he'll change his mindset if he got drafted by us. He's just a kid right now in the OHL. Every player has teams they hate, then get drafted by them and all is fine. I honestly wouldn't worry if we drafted him. I have never been to Vancouver, but I know it's a beautiful city. He won't hate for long.

The media culture is partially to blame here.

Most, if not all the writers at the Province, and practically everyone on the Team 1040 aside from Shorty and Dave Tomlinson spew negativity almost any time they talk about the Canucks just to deliver ratings, and it works. Tons of people believe this stuff and start spreading it. Ed Willes, Jason Botchford, Blake Price, Iain MacIntyre, Tony Gallagher, Dan Russell, you name it. How often do they speak positively about the Canucks any more?

You want to talk about rumour mongering? These are the people who shove trade rumours in the players' faces whenever they start to pop up.

I read a lot of complaints about John Garrett and his homerism on CDC and other sites. For what it's worth, I like John Garrett because he's one of maybe 5 people in this city's media that still wants to stand up for the Canucks. It's actually sad how quickly the media turns on the team when they don't win.

You attach such importance to the opinion of people on the internet and you're questioning my intelligence. That's rich.

People with half a brain don't believe everything they read on the internet, whether it's on forums like these, Twitter, Facebook or whatever.

Yes, I am questioning your intelligence. Your posts gave me more than enough reason to do so. Which is also why I'm not surprised you're completely oblivious of the point.

I'll only be able to report to you guys if he stays with the Generals. If he moves to the other side of the country, I can't really do much. Tbh, I think he'll change his mindset if he got drafted by us. He's just a kid right now in the OHL. Every player has teams they hate, then get drafted by them and all is fine. I honestly wouldn't worry if we drafted him. I have never been to Vancouver, but I know it's a beautiful city. He won't hate for long.

That sounds quite logical and reasonable. However, being that we're on this board and whatnot, your word of MDC hating the Canucks will now forever tarnish his reputation.

I'll hold it against him until the day I die! Seriously though, I hope he falls to us and continues his partnership with Cassels throughout his career. I love stories like that

Ok...how about this. Clearly ownership wasn't impressed either because they fired MG, appointed Linden, and he brought in Benning. If there was nothing to worry about wouldn't MG and Torts still be on the team?

That doesn't mean we savage everyone. Is the site as a whole a wee bit bi-polar? Yes. But if we didn't care, or didn't love the team, we'd be doing something else.

Fans are entitled to act any way they want. Stop being a Kesler fan boy.

Have you read the thread? I'm not a Kesler "fan boy", nor would I have a problem trading him.

I'm using what I feel is my entitlement to call out fans who feel they can crap all over him because they think he's on his way out.

That sounds quite logical and reasonable. However, being that we're on this board and whatnot, your word of MDC hating the Canucks will now forever tarnish his reputation.

I'll hold it against him until the day I die! Seriously though, I hope he falls to us and continues his partnership with Cassels throughout his career. I love stories like that

I agree. Cassels is sick. I have never met him though so nothing to report on him.

Honestly MDC is a damn good player I wish we do indeed draft him.

For what it's worth, I met Horvat at a meet and great in London (I went to Uni there, UWO) after a game, and he's absolutely stoked to come here. I did meet Horvat after he was already a Canuck, but man he was so excited to talk to me about the Nux when I brought them up. He's going to be a fan fav. Great community guy.

Yes, I am questioning your intelligence. Your posts gave me more than enough reason to do so. Which is also why I'm not surprised you're completely oblivious of the point.

No, I'm not oblivious to the point. I'm just old enough to realize that it's not important what people say or how many people say it, but WHO it is who's doing the talking. That's the reason why none of the chatter that exists on this forum carries any value within the organization. The stuff that gets said here is no different than the stuff that gets bandied about in bars across the province. It carries less weight than even the useless crap that Botchford writes for a living.

Do you think for a second head office makes decisions based on the press? No? Then why would they blink at what even less informed people on an internet forum would have to say?

Get a grip on your sense of self-importance, kid.

No, I'm not oblivious to the point. I'm just old enough to realize that it's not important what people say or how many people say it, but WHO it is who's doing the talking. That's the reason why none of the chatter that exists on this forum carries any value within the organization. The stuff that gets said here is no different than the stuff that gets bandied about in bars across the province. It carries less weight than even the useless crap that Botchford writes for a living.

Do you think for a second head office makes decisions based on the press? No? Then why would they blink at what even less informed people on an internet forum would have to say?

Get a grip on your sense of self-importance, kid.

Maybe it's you who should get a grip, "kid." Like I said you are naïve if you think what we say only stays here. Guys like Botchford feed off the negativity from places like CDC, and they bring some of that into their articles that is unfortunately read by many.

People are human being, including the players, no matter how much you like to think otherwise. So yeah, you really are oblivious to the point.

I agree. Cassels is sick. I have never met him though so nothing to report on him.

Honestly MDC is a damn good player I wish we do indeed draft him.

For what it's worth, I met Horvat at a meet and great in London (I went to Uni there, UWO) after a game, and he's absolutely stoked to come here. I did meet Horvat after he was already a Canuck, but man he was so excited to talk to me about the Nux when I brought them up. He's going to be a fan fav. Great community guy.

I dont think people realize how good Cassels is and what he is going to bring to this team. I cannot wait :D

Fans are not the problem with this team, fans did not have the final say in any drafts made. Fans did not decide to take player 'X' over player 'Y'. Fans did not make the decision to trade Schneider.

If the fan base is negative it does not make the team play worse, or cause the GM to make the decisions. Most fans are actually positive, people just tend to pay more attention to the ones being negative. Every fan base has negative fans, even Chicago.

All fans have an opinion on what to do with this team, some want Kesler gone, some don't. Neither of these sides have ANY effect on what Canucks management does, as well as their players.

Well, riddle me this, y the hell is there a place called "Proposals and Armchair GM'ing?" The whole point of sectioning off that area is for ppl who think of new ideas to improve the team, to present them and get constructive criticism. Other teams around the league have this sort of thing too. Do you honestly think anybody in Canuck management, the media or the players give a damn what people are saying on CDC?

If, anything, this thread adds to the problem as you've created quite a divide between fans here. Time to look in the mirror...

I dont think people realize how good Cassels is and what he is going to bring to this team. I cannot wait :D

Yeah I agree. I've watched him live quite a few times so I know he is going to be really good. I don't say this on here for obvious reasons, but I think Cassels has more potential than Hunter Shinkaruk. Nothing against Hunter, he's going to be solid but Cassels is just filthy. 3rd round pick is just icing on the cake.

Maybe it's you who should get a grip, "kid." Like I said you are naïve if you think what we say only stays here. Guys like Botchford feed off the negativity from places like CDC, and they bring some of that into their articles that is unfortunately read by many.

People are human being, including the players, no matter how much you like to think otherwise. So yeah, you really are oblivious to the point.

Clearly you missed my point. I didn't say that players aren't human or don't have emotions. My point is that I'm certain that they're intelligent and mature enough not to care what a collection of random people on an internet forum are saying because it doesn't have any value. They are most likely far more concerned with what coaches and management have to say.

For you to believe that these posts have carry any weight with the players, coaches or management is completely delusional; for the OP to think this is unique to CDC or the Canucks is equally delusional.

False rumours and slagging players unfairly didn't start with the internet. There's no shortage of examples in hockey history where fans have booed their own players off the ice and criticized them unfairly before the age of computers.

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

When you ask what is wrong with this team, look at yourself first.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

This post is quite accurate although when it comes to being the laughing stock fan base of the NHL, I don't necessarily agree. Bruins fans are pretty pathetic when it comes right down to it. The name calling they did to PK Suban shows just that. More over I don't really care what other cities/teams' fans think of us. They don't walk in our shoes so their opinion is meaningless. If there was one thing Canucks fans need to change it would to be to stop worrying about what others think. There are so many ignorant Canucks fans who think they know it all( Absent ) but are actually completely clued out and that will never change. All you can do is be as objective as you can and try to see others' side of things and keep supporting the team and players

Yeah I agree. I've watched him live quite a few times so I know he is going to be really good. I don't say this on here for obvious reasons, but I think Cassels has more potential than Hunter Shinkaruk. Nothing against Hunter, he's going to be solid but Cassels is just filthy. 3rd round pick is just icing on the cake.

Fully agree dude. Hunter has a mountain of heart and some great foot speed but will not be the 2 way player that Cole will be. Cassels has that grit we so desperately need..and totally a steal in the 3rd round.

Well I tried, the point went above everyone's head... might as well close it. No hope at all.

I better bloody well clarify myself again since people seem to want everything spelled out for them, I have lost faith in the fanbase, not the team.

Canuckster....lighten up! you are entitled to your opinion, but a little reality here please!

Here are some realities you don't seem to grasp...please read.

The owner invest their money for one thing.....more money!

And the love of the game! But the money is more important!

The players play beacause they love the game and the money!

We watch because we love the game...case in point....I used to a Bruin fan,,,,,,now I am a Canuck fan, because I see them more on TV and can identify with the team......love thier jerseys ( all 2 billion different ones ).....love the players heart.....the reason I hated Messier when he was here was he showed no heart!......I don't always love every Canuck.........I am willing to bet, there are lots of fans that didn't like him or Kenan for that matter........but by your standards,,,,,,,I should have loved both of them

Maple Leafs.com has many fans that rip thier players, Montreal the same......etc, etc, etc

Go to a game and listen, most of our fans, love the Canucks most of the time! Somewhat like if you have kids, where you always love them........but you don't always like them! LOL,,,,,,especially at 16years of age.........ask that kid and he will say the same thing right back at ya........lol..............but in the end, blood is thinker than water...........even if they are bad kids, we still love them.......you sometimes wish you could trade them for the good ones down the block!......and the circle of life continues! But again, in the end we love them.

As for Boothe, Kesler and Edler..........they all are great hockey player....the best of the 1% of the 1%,,,,,,,,I have skated with NHL hockey players many times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is unbelievable how pathetic I am compared to them.......and I was a decent hockey player once.............but that is why they get paid money and I don;t..........the rest comes with the territory!

By the way...how come you have not posted about us slagging Boothe or Edler.......I think I will check some of your posts to see ecactly what you have said........and who you have stood up for???Hmmm?

But I regress! The forum is for all of us to voice our opinions, ideas, and beliefs......as a past moderator, I am sure you understand this!

As for Kesler....the team will do what the team will do.........maybe you should write individual letters to all the season ticket holders that have not renewed.......

Or you can just sit down and relax........there are some great opinions and ideas on these forums...which is why I come here, not to be lectured!

I am going to go get a beer now and relax! :) (I wish they had a beer Icon here!)

PS........got my beer and remembered.....I am 56.....by your critria.......I should be smarter than you......I am not.....just one of the guys........mmmm ......great beer!

Archived