The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Care to share with us terrible.dee what anahiem offered? otherwise your just a liar

I already shared it back at the deadline, but sure once more for old time's sake.

Etem OR Palmieri, OTT's 1st rounder 2014, ANH 1st rounder 2014, Gillis took it to ownership, they said no, ANH kicked in their 2015 1st rounder as well. Owners apparently shot that down too.

So there you have it.

Oh, and for future reference, I much prefer being called a "Poo-poo-face"

Thank you, goodnight......and god bless America

Reinhardt isn't that much better then Nylander IMO. They both will get points in this league. Not worth trading Bo or Tanev for. Guys we are picking 6th, if we pick Nylander we gonna have a future star. If we were picking 25th as usual then it mite be a good idea to trade up, seeing the talent falls off after top 10

I dont have the exact source but in history 5 first overall picks have been dealt, the panthers being the team that has dealt 3 of the 5. I believe Vancouver is one (with the Sedin trade) with the Thrashers pick.

Sedins were drafted 2 and 3. The Vancouver Canucks in their history have never drafted a 1st overall pick. 2nd overall three times.

Sedins were drafted 2 and 3. The Vancouver Canucks in their history have never drafted a 1st overall pick. 2nd overall three times.

yes, but at the 1999 draft burke acquired the 1st overall. he had the 1st and 3rd, and traded the 1st and a conditional pick down to atlanta for the 2nd overall based on a promise that atlanta wouldn't draft a sedin.

Etem OR Palmieri, OTT's 1st rounder 2014, ANH 1st rounder 2014, Gillis took it to ownership, they said no, ANH kicked in their 2015 1st rounder as well. Owners apparently shot that down too.

No way...really? I find it hard to believe that ownership would veto that trade. We would have gone from middling to a really good prospect pool by the draft.

That's crazy...After 44 years we've never had a 1st round draft pick?.....

That's crazy...After 44 years we've never had a 1st round draft pick?.....

Where have you been?

When Van and Buffalo came into the league who drafted first was determined by spinning a roulette wheel.I cannot remember for sure but must have been Clarence Campbell who read the ball wrong and announced

Vancouver had won and would pick first. Perrault was the consensus 1st Pick but before Van could act the correction was made and Buffalo picked him. Vancouver picked Dale Tallon.

So it was established early that Vancouver would be 'skinned' on a regular basis by those bastards back

east. :( The Canucks were a pretty good club in their first year and Tallon was a talent. As per usual

I thought if he was brought along slower it would have made his career more productive.

#7 Andre Boudrias!!! :)

Some crazy stuffs going to happen come draft day. I have a gut feeling what might happen but I dont want to put it on the board. Dont want to ruin Bennings master plan lol. I hope it happens though! be so stoked.

As I leave you all in suspense Lol.

Guest Dasein

Some crazy stuffs going to happen come draft day. I have a gut feeling what might happen but I dont want to put it on the board. Dont want to ruin Bennings master plan lol. I hope it happens though! be so stoked.

Your spewing your gut feelings here isn't going to have any effect whatsoever on Benning's "master" plan, nor is it even probably close to being what Benning's actual plans are...

You leave zero suspense but plenty of laughs.

Come on u gotta tell us now u cant do that!! :) haha not fare!

I had a dream we draft ekblad but i dont think is realistic the only way it can happen is if we trade for #2 from buffalo thinking to get reinhart but florida suprises by taking him at 1

Guest Dasein

I was blown away that Murray or Shero didn't sell the farm to get Kes. The core on both those teams are set up to win now. You have to strike while the iron is hot. I think both those GM's are going to end up regretting not going for it at the trade deadline

Pittsburgh had 3 chances to beat the eventual ECF champs, and Anaheim went to game 7 against the WCF champs, so yeah I would say both guys are kicking themselves right now.

How exactly does a message board poster's "gut feeling" leave anyone with any sense of suspense?

Archived