The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Korea really has a "hard on" for Spiderman

Rick Grimes

1zlvsir.jpg

South Korea is sometimes known for it's strange and unusual paintings and sculptures..... but this one takes the cake. No, it wasn't an anime version of Miley Cyrus twerking....

Lotte Shopping Center in Busan, South Korea has been home to a Spider-Man sculpture by an artist Eunsuk Yoo for over a year. What makes this even more unusual is that this was "erected" over a children's play area. Nice work, Eunsuk! It's a rather unusual, somewhat amusing sculpture of Spider-Man with a raging boner.

The artist was quoted as saying, " My reason for making this piece was to apply the natural and physical phenomenon to a Superhero and depict it natural in the morning without lies and being superficial in a comical way".

He then went on to say, " There have been some comments on various community sites and Facebook pages that this is lewd and a disgrace to the source material. Lotte Shopping Center has received many complaints this morning from a certain organization and after their meeting it was decided I have to modify the statue. Instead of modifying it I think I am going to take it down."

So basically, this guy just has a huge boner for Spider-man and is now upset that people shopping don't want to see a massive man-cannon hanging from the mall's roof. Marvel has also refused to comment on whether or not this version of Spider-man will show up in the new movie. Requests have been sent out to Tommy Lee by fans of this sculpture. If in fact this version does get to see a cameo in the film, we would suggest he plays the part as well.

Souce: Brian Ashcraft; http://kotaku.com ; http://www.inquisitr.com

What? Spiderman has a weiner? Eww!

Anyways, the idea is to invite Kim Jong-Un to stand under it and for it to fall on him like the SF statue, therefore they can blame Spiderman, put out an APB for him, and.. the ultimate reason, to ban all those fracking Spiderman meme photos.

Archived