The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

Looked at some of the other "rumours" on that page.

If most of those came to fruition, I would say we could make the playoffs even as early as next season...

1. Kesler for 1 roster player + prospects/picks I assume

2. Reinhart for Tanev + 6th

3. Boychuk for Jensen/Hansen+

Essentially we replace Tanev with Boychuk, which I think is an upgrade. We replace Kesler with Reinhart - who can fill the role decently and will only get better. Whoever we have returning for Kesler can replace Jensen/Hansen I am sure of it.

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Santorelli - Reinhart - Kassian

Horvat/Gaunce - Richardson - <piece from Kesler trade>

Higgins - Matthias - ________

Edler - Boychuk

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

It would be golden if we could get Kelly as well. Might make Santorelli expendable.

Is Reinhart NHL ready?

I hope we are able to squeeze a package including Tatar and Jurco from Detroit. We instantly get two roster forwards who played very well together last season, and also dressed for Slovakia at the olympics. Both incredibly hard working players, and both have talent. Jurco also throws his body around and has good size. Sheahan is another solid option, but I'd prefer Jurco as he's got better offensive potential.

So Kesler for Tatar, Jurco, 16th overall ( dont know if we could squeese that deal... probs mre like 1 of tatar/jurco/sheahan, other spect, pick)

then 6th overall, Tanev for 1st overall

then Hansen, 3rd for Boychuck

sign Hiller

and

sedin sedin jensen

tatar reinhart jurco (you may not like jurco here, but he and tatar had very good chemistry last season)

higgins santorelli kassian

matthias richardson burrows

hamhuis boychuck

garrison bieksa

edler corrado/stanton/ufa

hiller

lack

some examples of tatar and jurco...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/video-tatars-fancy-footwork-sets-up-jurco-for-red-wings-tying-goal/

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_kid_line_of_tomas_ta.html

BY WHO? You keep blurting this out as if it is a fact without providing any solid evidence that the general consensus is indeed Ekblad, while I've given you evidence that suggest otherwise.

I just gave you the #1 players for ISS and CSS rankings, and both their names are not EKBLAD, and start with "SAM." How is Ekblad the best player in this draft pool when the TWO major rankings both say that he's not #1...

Jones was #1 on BOTH ISS and CSS rankings last year leading up to the draft so he was the consensus #1 leading up to the draft... The only reason Colorado's pick wasn't a surprise is because Colorado said from the beginning that they would take MacKinnon - JUST like Florida is right now with Ekblad.

I believe one could quote Bob McKenzie as a source. He has Ekblad as #1.

Fifth Business

Despite not having a first-rounder in 2015 after dealing the pick for Thomas Vanek, New York Islanders GM Garth Snow is not guarding his 2014 first-rounder too closely.

The Islanders - who hold the fifth overall pick in Friday's Draft - are apparently open for business on the pick, according to Newsday's Arthur Staple.

"We're open to trading the pick for someone we think can come in and help us right away," Staple quoted Snow as saying.

So what's the cost of doing business?

Staple speculates that the Islanders' largest need is either a top-pair defenseman or a top-line left winger to complement John Tavares and Kyle Okposo.

Blues Festival

The St. Louis Blues could be on many teams' watch list for potential free agents targets.

With the team locking up Jay Bouwmeester and Alexander Steen prior to free agency, the team could be posied to flood the market with veteran talent on July 1, according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Rutherford reports that the likes of Steve Ott, Brenden Morrow, Derek Roy, and Ryan Miller likely will not be signed prior to

Canada Day to give Blues GM Doug Armstrong flexibility at this coming Friday.

"I want to make sure we have the ability to make player acquisitions at the Draft," Armstrong told Rutherford.

Dogs' Day

The soon-to-be-Arizona Coyotes have some cash to play with as July 1 approaches.

However, as AZCentral Sports' Sarah McLellan points out, they might be wise not to spend it all at once.

While the likes of Marian Gaborik, Ales Hemsky, Jussi Jokinen or Mike Cammalleri could be had, McLellan believes the 'Yotes should think smaller and deeper.

She suggests the likes of Brenden Morrow and Daniel Winnik would provide a better complement to the current Coyotes crop, that could also get an internal boost if 2013 first-rounder Max Domi makes the jump to the NHL.

I have no doubt that Benning will want to have the Kesler situation cleared up before the draft. Any other deals hinge on what we get as the return.

For example, if we get a mid first round pick... maybe we flip that, our 6th overall, and a roster player for one of the top two picks in the draft.

For the last freaking time,

we will not see Hansen, Higgins on the fourth line

Short memory... Higgins was brought in to play on the 4th line. 4th lines that contribute are how successful teams are built nowadays.... not just plugs like Dalpe and whoever else was there that was so invisible I can't remember.

Great teams have players of that calibre on the bottom line. If you are a deep team, each player is capable of playing a line higher than where they are slotted (because injuries and such always happen). Right now, Higgins and Hansen have had to be pushed into the top 6 when that happens where they simply aren't capable of playing.

A bottom 6 that could help get you deeper in the playoffs:

Matthias-Horvat-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Now if we can only get a top 6 in place, we could be a significantly better team all of a sudden

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

Draisaitl-Nyqvuist-Burrows

.... that is a team that has a chance of getting past the first round.

Short memory... Higgins was brought in to play on the 4th line. 4th lines that contribute are how successful teams are built nowadays.... not just plugs like Dalpe and whoever else was there that was so invisible I can't remember.

Great teams have players of that calibre on the bottom line. If you are a deep team, each player is capable of playing a line higher than where they are slotted (because injuries and such always happen). Right now, Higgins and Hansen have had to be pushed into the top 6 when that happens where they simply aren't capable of playing.

Matthias-Horvat-Kassian

Now if we can only get a top 6 in place, we could be a significantly better team all of a sudden

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

That would definitely be an interesting line up. +1

Matthias-Horvat-Kassian

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

different idea. I like it.

The idea being you go into a season with a lineup like that. By the time you are ten games in, it could look significantly different. Maybe Horvat shows he isn't ready and is sent down after 9 games. Maybe Burrows gets a groin injury that puts him out a couple of months... then your lineup is suddenly.

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

Draisaitl-Nyqvuist-Kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Santorelli

.... see, you have the depth and flexibility (with the extra centres in the system) to actually field a lineup still that is competitive with 4 NHL calibre lines.

My point being... that is exactly how you are successful... not by slotting in players on your roster at or above their max capability right from the get go.

The idea being you go into a season with a lineup like that. By the time you are ten games in, it could look significantly different. Maybe Horvat shows he isn't ready and is sent down after 9 games. Maybe Burrows gets a groin injury that puts him out a couple of months... then your lineup is suddenly.

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

.... see, you have the depth and flexibility (with the extra centres in the system) to actually field a lineup still that is competitive with 4 NHL calibre lines.

My point being... that is exactly how you are successful... not by slotting in players on your roster at or above their max capability right from the get go.

Can't argue that. Nice couple posts

Sedin-Sedin-Michalek

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Yes looks good, and importantly its a line up where youth can slowly be integrated. Like it...

Reinhart reaching his full potential would be a HOF player.

You say he won't be that good yet you treat Horvat + #6 as if they would reach their full potentials - which would be the only reason you wouldn't trade Horvat + #6 for Reinhart. They are both potentials. It's a good gamble because Reinhart has the best potential out of the 3 pieces.

Reinhart is going to be a 1C while Horvat nor the #6 won't be. Best player in the trade would be Reinhart which means we win the trade. We can easily pick up a 2C to fill Horvat's role in the future, but the same cannot be said of the gaping void we have at 1C after Henrik retires.

I did write CAN"T MISS HOF prospect so as to not confuse the difference of a player who may reach full potential and a can't miss HOF prospect. I thought it was pretty clear from the way I posted it, I guess I was wrong

According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning would have had to offer $2.2 million to retain Anders Lindback. The Lightning will likely look for a veteran to backup Ben Bishop.

“We are going to look and see what is out there, but (Lindback) is on the list,’’ Yzerman said.

The Lightning are still talking with pending UFA Ryan Callahan.

“I’m hopeful that we can get him signed before he reaches free agency,’’ Yzerman said.

They are unsure if they will use they second compliance buyout.

“It’s something to consider,’’ Yzerman said. “We haven’t come to any final decision on that. We know when the window closes, and if we choose to go that route, we have time.’’

Archived