The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

It makes sense, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen. Was also really hoping to see him rebound in his contract year, instead of leaving on this kind of note. As long as J.B. has someone lined up in his sights as an offensive improvement though, I'd be okay with this happening. However, I could also easily see him becoming Mason Raymond 2.0, where after a small "prove-it" contract and extra opportunity, he becomes a top-6 forward again.

I agree. It makes sense and we need cap space if we are to sign any free agents this summer. I honestly thought he would rebound in a contract year. He's healthy an happy. It's a shame it didn't work out. On the other hand if we saw him not produce another season then everyone would be saying "Why the hell did we not buy this soft power forward out"

Booth would have been bought out last year but he was injured. You cant buy out guys who are injured.

To the "fans" who say "finish off his last year", im glad you are sitting in the nose bleeds.

Look at our division now, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, ya, we really dont mind letting Booth drain his 4.5 cap hit

for one more year because him and his 3 goals are nice people.

I think Booth would be a good fit in Winnipeg, IMO.

I hope we get more action here soon. This waiting is so painstaking lol. I need my instant gratification haha.

Booth is a good start but I know we are all hungry for more. I know we gotta wait though. sad face :(

Islanders is an interesting prediction.

I like the flexibility this gives JB.

With 16 million in cap space, he has a whole lot of options.

Kassian

Tanev

Santorelli

Schroeder

possibly Weber and Dalpe

They should be able to sign the guys they want and still have at least 6 or 7 million available.

I think JB will find a number of better options to spend that money on than DB.

Grabovski, Goc, Kulemin, Brian Boyle - all guys that could come in considerably less than Booth's cap hit and make the team more difficult to play against.

He played well before getting injured knee on knee hit by Porter. After that he was mediocre.

So true, he was starting to excel there. However, Vrbata would be 10 times the player at pretty much the same price.

O look i found another Ehlers fan. Do you guys every quit?

I can feel you scathing sarcasm from here. Ehlers has exciting speed that can get fans out of their seats AND I don't expect him to make the team next year, unless he surprises out of camp. I really hope the wing spot doesn't get filled out and to let Shink, Jensen, and Ehlers battle it out. We need that speed. The team is old and slow. Making teams like LA and San Jose's D turn because they are getting beat by speed is what the teams needs. This guy will fill out. There are small guys in the league. As long as they are wingers, I am cool with the somehow apparent "lack" of size.

So #canucks will now be paying Luongo and Booth not to play in VAN, Gillis not to GM and Tortorella not to coach. #prunestowalkaway

sigh.

This is stupid. The Fans were getting restless and needed a change. The money the owner will spend paying those people will be nothing compared to how much they make if this is successful. Even if it isn't the excitement and thrill of Linden and Benning as GM alone is worth the money because it will put @$$3$ in the seats.

Booth would have been bought out last year but he was injured. You cant buy out guys who are injured.

To the "fans" who say "finish off his last year", im glad you are sitting in the nose bleeds.

Look at our division now, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, ya, we really dont mind letting Booth drain his 4.5 cap hit

for one more year because him and his 3 goals are nice people.

I think Booth would be a good fit in Winnipeg, IMO.

Colorado is in the central division not pacific. Booth still has potential; if he has an offseason full of working out, uninjured, and plays a full season, to be a 20 goal scorer. He just couldn't catch a break in Vancouver although when Torts had to play him at the end of the year he started to play much better and him and Kassian were one of better lines last year.

Would have used it on Burrows personally

Yes, this. Burrows is 33 years old and on the decline. The team will be paying 4.5M for a 36 year old, 4th liner by the end of the deal.

Booth had a smaller cap hit, and would be gone after this year. Could have even been a trade chip with an expiring contract.

This is stupid. The Fans were getting restless and needed a change. The money the owner will spend paying those people will be nothing compared to how much they make if this is successful. Even if it isn't the excitement and thrill of Linden and Benning as GM alone is worth the money because it will put @$$3$ in the seats.

Yea that must be why they have copious amounts of season tickets left.

Archived