The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] VAN interested in Ryan Miller

Why are we interested in Ryan Miller? He's done, he's an average goalie now and Lack deserves games. he's shown he can play as a starting goaltender but yet we want to sign this old washed goaltender?

He sucked in St.Louis and that's why he is in free agency now. St.Louis signed Elliott over Miller.

Yeah I would rather have Hiller as well.

Getting Hiller won't necessarily create another goaltender controversy but instead it will help Lack improve his game who is on the verge of becoming a starting goaltender in the NHL. Hiller is quality starting goaltender who has seven year experience and can still play as a starter if needed. This is just a short-term plan where we can sign Hiller to a two or three year deal while Markstrom gets more comfortable playing down in Utica. Once the two-three years are up, we can then bring Markstrom up when Lack has more experience and feels less pressured of becoming a starting goaltender.

What a stupid idea....

The ONLY reason we sign Miller is if we are going to push for a cup now and that means the possible following.

Kesler is NOT getting traded and we will bolster the top 6 around him costing us pick(s) and or prospect(s)

Kesler IS getting traded and we will rush the return in to the line up in hope they will produce.

We trade up for the 1st overall and rush him in to the line up

We are not going with Lack/Markstrom and have basically stated that hey Lack, you're better than Luongo but not better than Miller/HIller

This is bar none the stupidest move to kick start a new management group. We are not in any shape to compete with the Blues, Sharks, Kings, Ducks or the like. We might make the playoffs but what then? 1st maybe 2nd round exit? or do we bring in the true homers who will quote the Kings seed and cup win as an almost assured run to the cup

We are not in any shape to compete and as I have stated numerous times, i have watched the Canucks do this once or twice a decade where we bolster the core, trade sideways or "up" fall miserably flat and then wonder what went wrong.

I am tired of this happening every decade and as a poster previously stated if Miller is brought in we are giving up on what needs to be done, we are not going to get a solid pick in what promises to be a good draft by all accounts in 2015 and when all is siad in done by the end of 2015 we will be left wondering why on earth this move was made.

Quote this. Signing Miller will be the dumbest move this team has made since the Luongo contract

People are underestimating the amount of cap we really have..

With Kesler traded for picks/prospects, we should have around 20 mill. TWENTY. Our core is also already locked up, so no worries there.

Unless Patty Kane is for sure going to hit Free Agency, no point in keeping all that cap space.

What a stupid idea....

The ONLY reason we sign Miller is if we are going to push for a cup now and that means the possible following.

Kesler is NOT getting traded and we will bolster the top 6 around him costing us pick(s) and or prospect(s)

Kesler IS getting traded and we will rush the return in to the line up in hope they will produce.

We are not going with Lack/Markstrom and have basically stated that hey Lack, you're better than Luongo but not better than Miller/HIller

This is bar none the stupidest move to kick start a new management group. We are not in any shape to compete with the Blues, Sharks, Kings, Ducks or the like. We might make the playoffs but what then? 1st maybe 2nd round exit? or do we bring in the true homers who will quote the Kings seed and cup win as an almost assured run to the cup

We are not in any shape to compete and as I have stated numerous times, i have watched the Canucks do this once or twice a decade where we bolster the core, trade sideways or "up" fall miserably flat and then wonder what went wrong.

I am tired of this happening every decade and as a poster previously stated if Miller is brought in we are giving up on what needs to be done, we are not going to get a solid pick in what promises to be a good draft by all accounts in 2015 and when all is siad in done by the end of 2015 we will be left wondering why on earth this move was made.

Quote this. Signing Miller will be the dumbest move this team has made since the Luongo contract

Agreed. But I fully expect a 'pretend mode' from this team, including an ongoing Kesler saga, some questionable 'selling the future' trades at the draft, and a Calgary approach to rebuild avoidance.

I just hope we avoid Miller because I find him to be an utterly annoying, overrated and cocky, shifty-eyed mofo.

So many better short-term options.

Nabokov

Emery

Gustavsson

Greiss

Halak

Notice how St. Louis cast Miller off? Yeah, let's not pick him up please.

Besides, he needs to focus on catching smurfs.

gargamel.jpg

St. Louis cast him off for the same reasons I kept saying last year when St. Louis traded for him and was laughed at. St. Louis' problem was not goaltending they had Halak and Elliot both who are solid goalies Elliot who's had incredible stats and extremely underrated and Halak who has carried a bad montreal team deep into the playoffs.

That being said Halak signed with NYI quite awhile ago and Miller is light years better than all those goalies you just listed.

Kinda mixed emotions on this one. On one hand, Miller can be a stellar goalie that could potentially carry a team all the way if everything works out. Eddie is not there yet. But Lack was so promisingly good last year that I'd really like for him to keep progressing there as a starter.

The situation would be ideal from the teams perspective tho, as Miller would serve as mentor and could take care of majority of the games down the road, were as Eddie might be a bit fatigued after starting most of the time.

What a stupid idea....

This is bar none theh stupidest move to kick start a new management group. We are not in any shape to compete with the Blues, Sharks, Kings, Ducks or the like. We might make the playoffs but what then? 1st maybe 2nd round exit? or do we bring in the true homers who will quote the Kings seed and cup win as an almost assured run to the cup

Right up there with daniel sedin and burrows contracts.

Guys....if we have any hope of winning we need a guy who has experience...not just skill....Lacks losses were not from absence of skill....only nerves and lack of experience. For gods sake do him a favor and find someone to take the heat off of him for a couple years. This is the most vicious market in the NHL. Think about.

Guys....if we have any hope of winning we need a guy who has experience...not just skill....Lacks losses were not from absence of skill....only nerves and lack of experience. For gods sake do him a favor and find someone to take the heat off of him for a couple years. This is the most vicious market in the NHL. Think about.

Lacks losses were from inexperience.

But also from a d core that couldn't get it right and a forward group that couldn't score a goal to save their lives.

Archived