The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I'll play the role of hater for a bit:

This is just a prelim game, just wait till the tourney gets going for real. The kid is going to be bust man, he won't score when it counts. Blah, blah, blah......... Jake Sucks, Nylander rulz.

As a non hater I can say that yes this is a prelim game and so far Jake seems to be adapting to the new team and his play is improving as the game goes on. Looks good.

On 11/25/2015 at 3:38 PM, Alexandre said:

This is basically how I feel. He does need more development and he will get that on the Canucks rather than on the Hitmen. Virtenan being on the team is not going to be based solely on his performance but where his development will be best served. As long as he is not overwhelmed at this level, he will stay.

^ I can't get this quote to leave me alone!!

Anyways, only got to watch the second have of the second but Virtanen looks "real good." You can tell that he has played in the NHL, especially in his board play. Whenever he goes in for the puck along the boards he gets it.

Nice goal on the PP and apparently another nice one in the first as well. 

Jake's been noticeable every shift so far which is promising. Yes, this is only pre-tourney but it's Canada vs. Sweden so the players are bound to care a little more than just your average pre tourney game. 

28 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

^ I can't get this quote to leave me alone!!

Anyways, only got to watch the second have of the second but Virtanen looks "real good." You can tell that he has played in the NHL, especially in his board play. Whenever he goes in for the puck along the boards he gets it.

Nice goal on the PP and apparently another nice one in the first as well.

Jake's been noticeable every shift so far which is promising. Yes, this is only pre-tourney but it's Canada vs. Sweden so the players are bound to care a little more than just your average pre tourney game.

go to the feedback and bugs thread, there is a fix to this, for you.

On Friday, December 04, 2015 at 0:21 PM, Fred65 said:

Tsorry bout the reply fred iunnonwhats with this phone and keeping the replies going. But im glad someone said where the haters at. Guys been a force. Hitting hard on the puck getting lots of shots and getting some goals.