The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

20 hours ago, bp79 said:

So you and I were in the same boat up until A month ago, as far as getting bashed for our belief in Jake. Now at least he is finally getting some love. As for Ehlers. "hell of A player who I think makes Laine that much better, not the other way around. He also gives me hope for Petterson, as he proves skinny shifty guys can not only play in the NHL but excel. Are you from the Peg? St Boniface born Maples raised. well till I was 6 lol. Have family mostly in St Vital and St Norbert. Miss the people there. 

No, born and raised west coast canuck. I have a friend from work who is from Manitoba, not sure where. He's a diehard jet thought so we rap hockey alot. 

Edited by shayster007
  • Cheers 1

On 3/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, aGENT said:

Awful lot of CDC'ers posting about themselves and other players...and not so much about Jake. 

So... Jake is still playing well it seems. Starting to look more like a confirmed  trend than am inconsistent blip. Good for him. Hope he can keep it up and keep building on it. Glad the team was patient.

Agent I see what you did there.....  :P

Maybe this could act as another example of not selling out to early?  Goldobin next maybe?

How about not trading a high second for Sven then 3 seasons proposals for letting go for a 3rd?

Sometimes I wonder about posters... you are constantly a voice of patience and reason.

1 hour ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

Agent I see what you did there.....  :P

Maybe this could act as another example of not selling out to early?  Goldobin next maybe?

How about not trading a high second for Sven then 3 seasons proposals for letting go for a 3rd?

Sometimes I wonder about posters... you are constantly a voice of patience and reason.

To be fair. Jake has done more with his rope and didn't require as much as length of it vs Goldobin.

He's also still a useful player away from the puck/not scoring. 

Goldobin needs to find the gas peddle soon or he's going to get passed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair. Jake has done more with his rope and didn't require as much as length of it vs Goldobin.

He's also still a useful player away from the puck/not scoring. 

Goldobin needs to find the gas peddle soon or he's going to get passed. 

HE does... but his skill set is there and no one has pushed him out yet..I dont think he will make it through next year though if he doesn't start putting it all together.  

On 2018-03-10 at 11:15 AM, aGENT said:

Awful lot of CDC'ers posting about themselves and other players...and not so much about Jake. 

So... Jake is still playing well it seems. Starting to look more like a confirmed  trend than am inconsistent blip. Good for him. Hope he can keep it up and keep building on it. Glad the team was patient.

Another good game & continuing his most consistent stretch of hockey.  If our d-men could hit him with a proper outlet pass as he wheels  he  could use his speed and power to the net more often as well. Jake has underrated vision and hands too and with new found confidence he  can prove all the doubters wrong. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have noticed that also (poor first passes from the dmen). If someone could actually hit him on the fly, watchout. 

I agree. A huge part of his success in his draft year was Sanheim actually being able to hit him with passes.

Our D...is a struggle.

45 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I agree. A huge part of his success in his draft year was Sanheim actually being able to hit him with passes.

Our D...is a struggle.

One of the reasons I think the Canucks should try and get Sanheim while he is in/out of Philly lineup and they are getting thick in terms of D prospects.

Like the strides that JV has made this year, if he can continue to work on his shooting and stick handling I think 20 goals in a season would come pretty easy for him.  I also think he could become one of the top penalty drawers(? you know what I mean lol) with all that speed (and proper officiating).  But he'll have to continue putting in the work 24/7.

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2018 at 5:56 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

One of the reasons I think the Canucks should try and get Sanheim while he is in/out of Philly lineup and they are getting thick in terms of D prospects.

For what though? They've got a better prospect pool than us :wacko:

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

For what though? They've got a better prospect pool than us :wacko:

Per another thread I started.   I was suggesting Goldy and another asset (range of concepts) and some thought Tanev going and Sanheim and a mid pick (2nd or 3rd) coming back.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Like the strides that JV has made this year, if he can continue to work on his shooting and stick handling I think 20 goals in a season would come pretty easy for him.  I also think he could become one of the top penalty drawers(? you know what I mean lol) with all that speed (and proper officiating).  But he'll have to continue putting in the work 24/7.

This is all true, but we have to wait for Jake to become that player.  We could have had almost immediate gratification with a smurf, who looks all fancy with the puck, and gets 50 points!  And then said smurf demands a huge contract, but never (really) contributes to winning.  But many fans would be all happy, and believe said smurf is a real star!!!!  B)

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Per another thread I started.   I was suggesting Goldy and another asset (range of concepts) and some thought Tanev going and Sanheim and a mid pick (2nd or 3rd) coming back.   

Well Goldy alone is not remotely going to get it done :lol: And they're pretty deep at F (everywhere really!) so I don't know how much value he'd have.

If it's Tanev, it better be their 1st coming back as well (even if we have to add a bit of sweetener...say Goldy +/-). They do potentially have 2 1sts this year...

Don't know if they necessarily 'NEED' Tanev but he certainly would have them more playoff ready sooner vs later and give them a solid top 4 shut down guy for stability, PK'ing etc (who, as we know, also excels at transitioning the puck). He'd pair awfully well with Hagg in a shutdown pair.

Depending on if they feel Morin can step in next year for the expiring Oduya, I wonder if they could arguably use a decent, more experienced bottom 4 LD as well behind Provorov/Hagg. Wonder if they'd have interest in MDZ for his 1 remaining year's worth of insurance, competition for Morin, depth for injury etc...

4 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Your not getting Sanheim for scraps unless its something the really need like Horvat and I would not do that. Draft is the key . More Picks. Sign John Carlson . 

Surely he can be had for less than bo horvat. Let's get real here.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Surely he can be had for less than bo horvat. Let's get real here.

It took Mr. Alf quite a while to learn the nuances of the Troll.  In a round about way insult the most loved (and most valued) players on a team.  You are completely correct.  Bo is one of the most impactful players in the league.  He’s like the perfect number 2 centre and would return way more than Sanheim.  (If this was a Flyer’s board I’d add how Sanheim struggles with slow feet and processing, and will (likely) follow the path of Griffin Reinhardt.)

2 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Your not getting Sanheim for scraps unless its something the really need like Horvat and I would not do that. Draft is the key . More Picks. Sign John Carlson . 

Tanev alone is a lot more than "scraps" and how many players who are no longer going to be waiver eligible and are sitting out games are going to demand a king's ransom?    Signing John Carlson versus acquiring a young Dman with ceiling to go with your emerging very young squad makes zero sense.