The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

34 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I refuse to shat up until some people realize how idoitic their statements were

Im sure 98% of everyone here wants Jake to succeed, but they can't help but not ignore Jake's lack of production for a guy who has more talent than everyone on the Nucks not named Sedin. It's brutally obvious that he seriously lacks hockey IQ, which will be on display at the WJ. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Im sure 98% of everyone here wants Jake to succeed, but they can't help but not ignore Jake's lack of production for a guy who has more talent than everyone on the Nucks not named Sedin. It's brutally obvious that he seriously lacks hockey IQ, which will be on display at the WJ. 

so what your saying is that he won't live up to the expectations of a top 10 pick. in some ways. I think it was worse for Jake to be drafted in Vancouver. might fall to the enormous pressure in this city. his brutal IQ is only going to be questioned over and over and over again. maybe he will just be a glorified version of Raffi Torres without all the shaninigans. hope not. hope Jake becomes a hard hitting, 30 goal scorer in this league. 

20 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

When you use a small sample size, you are bound to jump to poor conclusions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

so what your saying is that he won't live up to the expectations of a top 10 pick. in some ways. I think it was worse for Jake to be drafted in Vancouver. might fall to the enormous pressure in this city. his brutal IQ is only going to be questioned over and over and over again. maybe he will just be a glorified version of Raffi Torres without all the shaninigans. hope not. hope Jake becomes a hard hitting, 30 goal scorer in this league. 

Chris Krieder, if he can get it all together he could be a poor mans Benn. But i think he will be closer to Chris Krieder

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

Chris Krieder, if he can get it all together he could be a poor mans Benn. But i think he will be closer to Chris Krieder

I think that would be disappointing considering where he was drafted. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I think that would be disappointing considering where he was drafted. 

20 goals 50-60 points with arond 200 hits a year. I would say thats pretty good. In before i get ripped because "He was the 6th Overally pick" and anyone drafted that high has to be a pure skill player

7 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

20 goals 50-60 points with arond 200 hits a year. I would say thats pretty good. In before i get ripped because "He was the 6th Overally pick" and anyone drafted that high has to be a pure skill player

So there is where you're wrong. Nothe many would be disappointed in what you have listed. Many of us (like myself) doubt he will reach those numbers if he keeps playing  the way he has as of late. 

Not a personal attack

Edited by Gooseberries
Making sure gstank29 understands that this wasntc a personal attack. Wouldn't want him to think otherwise. Very sensitive user.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

So there is where you're wrong. Nothe many would be disappointed in what you have listed. Many of us (like myself) doubt he will reach those numbers if he keeps playing  the way he has as of late. 

Not a personal attack

Krieder had 3 points in his first 23 games. 

If you really want to bring it up again i can repost the comment and let CDC decide

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Krieder had 3 points in his first 23 games. 

If you really want to bring it up again i can repost the comment and let CDC decide

Go for it. Why don't you quote all my posts from that day. You will see a playfully pattern. Only once will you see someone cry like a baby as a response.  I'll give you two guesses who thato was. You'll probably only need one. 

Why don't we do ourselves favors and never quote each other again. I have tried to block you but for some reason I always want to see what crazy theories you cook up. 

Sound good? Or we could continue this fueud. Doesn't matter to me.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

:picard:

• Upvote 2

Why question Jake's IQ?

He is still a kid, let's wait for a year or two before judging...

...There have been many Canucks with not the sharpest mind but with skill and power like Bertuzzi, Steamer, Neely and others.

I am hoping for an Owen Nolan style game out of Jake...I don't expect to be too disappointed either!

For Jake's Sake get Baked and chill on the Mensa take...

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Apparently Jake is a complete Neanderthal with a T-Rex pea-brain.  BREW-TALL!

Humour is always a good way to go.  I have no clue if Jake is a smart cookie, or dumb as a sack of rocks.  I do know: he's big, he's fast, he hits like a truck, he's hyper competitive, and he has a sniper shot.