The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

8 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

T

Fair enough and good stuff in there...

and after reading all of that I am even more convinced that you will not win a championship with people like that.

Vessey is ore concerned about controlling where and how he will play instead of just playing...This guy is not a gamer, lacks the truculence needed to be successful in the NHL.  He can join Marner, and Nylander in TO and never win anything for lack of testicular fortitude.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Fair enough and good stuff in there...

and after reading all of that I am even more convinced that you will not win a championship with people like that.

Vessey is ore concerned about controlling where and how he will play instead of just playing...This guy is not a gamer, lacks the truculence needed to be successful in the NHL.  He can join Marner, and Nylander in TO and never win anything for lack of testicular fortitude.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with taking advantage of this loophole, but the way vesey went about it was wrong.  Lying to the preds, even telling them just before the trade deadline he would sign with them makes him a classless liar. However, what if he came right out from the start saying he wanted to test free agency, would your opinion about him change or be the same for leaving the team that drafted him?

• Upvote 1

Just now, FireGillis said:

Yeah, I don't have a problem with taking advantage of this loophole, but the way vesey went about it was wrong.  Lying to the preds, even telling them just before the trade deadline he would sign with them makes him a classless liar. However, what if he came right out from the start saying he wanted to test free agency, would your opinion about him change or be the same for leaving the team that drafted him?

I would still think you couldn't win with a guy like that, but I would drop the classless moniker... A nancyboy Harvard lad like Vessey will get you zero cups in the NHL, so he is perfect for TO.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, McHortanen said:

Quick and the kings do!

Plus Demko has been a Kings fan so hes gotten a few pointers from watching him ;)

Sure but Kopitar is pretty  much a Franchise centre, so they've got both ^_^

Edited by Spotted Zebra
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

what IF demko doesnt sign with us tho :blink:

Seems like dimjim wants him signed as soon as his season ends. Hopefully it happens.  If dimjim could he would give him a 3 year 3.6 mill per year contract.  

16 minutes ago, Zaine said:

Seems like dimjim wants him signed as soon as his season ends. Hopefully it happens.  If dimjim could he would give him a 3 year 3.6 mill per year contract.  

Has to be ELC doesnt it? We could only offer him maximum entry level.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Has to be ELC doesnt it? We could only offer him maximum entry level.

Yes.  I was being facetious with how bad benning has been with handing out contracts to plugs like sbisa and dorsett.

I do hope dimjim gets Demko signed though so he can play in the AHL next year.  One of the few bright spots for our nucks.

• Upvote 1

Demko signs and Benning trades Miller for the 2nd Rounder that fans whine about. Demko/Markstrom combo! Just joking. Demko goes to Utica and Benning trades Miller at the TDL next spring. Demko finishes the year in Vancouver. :) 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Demko signs and Benning trades Miller for the 2nd Rounder that fans whine about. Demko/Markstrom combo! Just joking. Demko goes to Utica and Benning trades Miller at the TDL next spring. Demko finishes the year in Vancouver. :) 

Please phone JB and tell him this!  Better yet fax him, so he has a copy to read from.  Okay, that supposes he can read.  Go and hold his hand, and guide him through the steps.  Okay that's not fair to you.  We are so doooooomed.  :(

4 hours ago, Zaine said:

Yes.  I was being facetious with how bad benning has been with handing out contracts to plugs like sbisa and dorsett.

I do hope dimjim gets Demko signed though so he can play in the AHL next year.  One of the few bright spots for our nucks.

maybe pepper in a few less "dimjims".  you're clearly peddling a dumb rhyme you came up with but you're oversaturating the market.  it's like when the Nintendo wii came out.  if you only release a few at a time, you can keep interest up enough to compete with xbox and playstation.

Anyway, I don't think Miller is going anywhere next year; even at the TDL.  markstrom and miller will be a good combo again next year.  it gets interesting the year after.  will demko be able to step in as the backup after only 1 season of AHL experience?  depends if he signs on for next season of course. but it would be great if he could fill that role so the org doesn't have to pick up a vet to be markstroms backup for a year or 2.

Edited by wshdrvvn

17 hours ago, wshdrvvn said:

maybe pepper in a few less "dimjims".  you're clearly peddling a dumb rhyme you came up with but you're oversaturating the market.  it's like when the Nintendo wii came out.  if you only release a few at a time, you can keep interest up enough to compete with xbox and playstation.

Anyway, I don't think Miller is going anywhere next year; even at the TDL.  markstrom and miller will be a good combo again next year.  it gets interesting the year after.  will demko be able to step in as the backup after only 1 season of AHL experience?  depends if he signs on for next season of course. but it would be great if he could fill that role so the org doesn't have to pick up a vet to be markstroms backup for a year or 2.

I think what we will see is Miller/Markstrom next year -- hopefully a 50/50 split if not more games for Markstrom. Then we sign a Scrivens type backup to a 1 or 2 year contract -- someone who could pass through waivers, but still provide competition to Demko and play 30ish games, with Demko getting a call-up or two and getting 10ish games. Finally we have a Markstrom/Demko duo in three years. 

That gives Demko 2-3 years in the AHL (potentially only 1 if he wins job in 17/18), and hopefully he gets a couple of call-ups in between to get some NHL experience. 

• Upvote 3