The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Edited by Salmonberries
major mess to clean up here

6 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Barring a mircle looks like Demko isn't going to win the Hockey East title. Next up is the Frozen Four tournament

That's the championship every college hockey player wants. If Demko wins that I think it's very unlikely he goes back to college another year.

Ryan Biech @ryanbiech 7m7 minutes ago

Demko's season is not over - Boston College will play in the NCAA regionals next weekend - hoping to punch a ticket to Frozen Four #Canucks

Ryan Biech @ryanbiech 10m10 minutes ago

Northeastern defeats Boston College 5-4 in Hockey East Semi-Finals - #Canucks Gaudette will play in the finals tomorrow vs. U-Mass Lowell.

5 goals against? Pffft what a choke artist. Total bust and waste of a pick... We should trade him for a 6th before he becomes worthless!!! Its called asset managment people!!!

Feels good to be shocked our goalie prospect gave up 5 goals. He will post a 43 save SO next game just you wait. Love me some Demko!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to understand the frozen four bracket, and I think I've got it now, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

-total of 16 teams to play in the regionals. 6 of those are guaranteed spots given to conference champions

-there are 4 sites, each of which has 4 teams compete in single game elimination. Each site produces a winner which advances to the frozen four.

-the top 4 of the conference champions are seeded spread across each of the four sites? 

-the remaining 10 teams after conference champions are "selected" to play in the regionals? Not sure on "at-large" criteria?

So if this sounds correct, then Boston College can still be "selected" to compete in the regionals. Anyone understand this wording "at-large basis"?

Of the 16 teams, 6 conference champions will receive automatic qualification with the remaining best 10 teams being selected on an at-large basis

In any event, I guess we find out tomorrow where Demko will play. Sounds like four straight wins earns you the championship.