The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I don't think Tree had issues with Vancouver.  It was all about Willie and JB.  He could get away from

those 2 fast enough.  With those 2 gone, he might like to join a team that has other Russian players.

I think it is likely that Tree would be looking for some term in a contract, so I don't know if PA

would want to that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think Tree had issues with Vancouver.  It was all about Willie and JB.  He could get away from

those 2 fast enough.  With those 2 gone, he might like to join a team that has other Russian players.

I think it is likely that Tree would be looking for some term in a contract, so I don't know if PA

would want to that. 

It could give us a buffer next season if we move all or one of Stillman, Dermott, Meyers .

Myers should have given his 10 team list last July.

it’s fun for me to think about,  I enjoyed his play, and I still think he would be a great presence in our line up..

Timing can be everything,   Of all the “what ifs” ..   Gonchar , Foote, Tochett, Ilya, Kuz,

Podz..    

I resoundingly think being surrounded by these guys would have made a difference back then.

I hope to see him in Camp.

at the same time ,  I think Diamond F’s this up for the player.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd love it if he came back. 

Like a disney movie. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Dare.      Do we take this to the “Trade / Rumours “ Threads ?….   
it will at least detract from all those bleeding Bo and Hating JT ! Lol.

You guys have waited a long time for Tree to come back.  Never game up.

I like that kind of faith!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Just wanted to post this Tochett interview here,

he talks a lot about his Russian players,.  And at about 6:20 -7:30 gets a bit more in depth , hilighting the fact that S Gonchar is here.

Gonchar was a home run for the org. Big change from when Tryamkin was here. It must have been hard for him and his wife. Not just a Russian speaking coach but a Cup winner. 

I doubt Try comes back to Van. He likely has one opportunity for a contract with term and some value. There will likely be much interest. Allvin will want a show me 1 year deal.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Gonchar was a home run for the org. Big change from when Tryamkin was here. It must have been hard for him and his wife. Not just a Russian speaking coach but a Cup winner. 

I doubt Try comes back to Van. He likely has one opportunity for a contract with term and some value. There will likely be much interest. Allvin will want a show me 1 year deal.

I hope that Tryamkin goes against any advice ( especially his agents) about going somewhere for big money for more than 1 season.

I do think a 1 year contract is necessary,  if Nik realizes that , and a 1 year exists to sign in Vancouver for any money , I think he comes here.

I beleive he will get enough positive feedback from Podz Kuz and others to at least talk to Gonchar..  

if that happens , they will speak sense to him.

Pefhaps this was all meant to be , and perhaps  he showed us our biggest weakness when we left.. 

Management was not managing,

and Coaches weren’t coaching to a level that needed to be here as an NHL team.

If it is supposed to be the best league in the world..  so does management and coaching have to be .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1