The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I hope that Tryamkin goes against any advice ( especially his agents) about going somewhere for big money for more than 1 season.

I do think a 1 year contract is necessary,  if Nik realizes that , and a 1 year exists to sign in Vancouver for any money , I think he comes here.

I beleive he will get enough positive feedback from Podz Kuz and others to at least talk to Gonchar..  

if that happens , they will speak sense to him.

Pefhaps this was all meant to be , and perhaps  he showed us our biggest weakness when we left.. 

Management was not managing,

and Coaches weren’t coaching to a level that needed to be here as an NHL team.

If it is supposed to be the best league in the world..  so does management and coaching have to be .

There's been so many changes since Tryamkin played for the Canucks, so I think it could be viewed

as a fresh start for him.  As you have mentioned, there would be a lot of perks, in terms of

comfort level with the effect of the Russian injection on the team.

The biggest factor will be the term and cap hit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I hope that Tryamkin goes against any advice ( especially his agents) about going somewhere for big money for more than 1 season.

I do think a 1 year contract is necessary,  if Nik realizes that , and a 1 year exists to sign in Vancouver for any money , I think he comes here.

I beleive he will get enough positive feedback from Podz Kuz and others to at least talk to Gonchar..  

if that happens , they will speak sense to him.

Pefhaps this was all meant to be , and perhaps  he showed us our biggest weakness when we left.. 

Management was not managing,

and Coaches weren’t coaching to a level that needed to be here as an NHL team.

If it is supposed to be the best league in the world..  so does management and coaching have to be .

Kuzy is a great promo for someone considering signing a one year show-me contract in Vancouver.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If it were a choice, would opt for NT returning over signing Livingstone(of course both would be perfect!)

Be great to stack !     The good thing is Over the Summer Cap space will be addressed, and it goes up..   short term  1 m signings & ELC’s shouldn’t affect too badly.…  even at the Abby level,  some won’t be resigned.

kids like Keeper / Woo should theoretically playing their asses off.

• Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm hoping that PA doesn't miss this opportunity to get Tryamkin back here. Pair him with Hughie. 

Tryamkin plays his off-side too. So it might actually work. Just depends on the salary demands. Can't over pay. Must buyout OEL first too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Tryamkin plays his off-side too. So it might actually work. Just depends on the salary demands. Can't over pay. Must buyout OEL first too. 

OEL might start the year on ltir

That would give us more time to figure out something. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm hoping that PA doesn't miss this opportunity to get Tryamkin back here. Pair him with Hughie. 

He is exactly what we need now.  We have secured a lot of depth on D and may even add to that at the draft.  We are missing a big defensive D in his prime and Tryamkin is exactly that.  Swift skating, huge D that can play both sides and move the puck effectively.  If we can move Boeser and Myers and let Dermott walk we have room to sign Gavrikov and Tryamkin with lots of cap left (Not even including staying the course with OEL.  Potential starting D next year:

Hughes Tryamkin

Gavrikov Hronek

OEL Bear

How is that not a D that moves the needle in a major way vs what we have today.  

• Cheers 2

On 3/14/2023 at 8:05 PM, SilentSam said:

Tryamkins Contract is now NULL.

Get the F out of Russia Big Man !! 

I'm thinking that the Canucks are one of the teams who'll make a pitch to him. The way the team is structured now, it's a far better environment for him to be in, especially with the growing Russian contingent, including Sergei Gonchar. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, SilentSam said:

And another physically present , above average skater on D is exactly what we need.

I’ve tried to hunt down any recent news,  but all is quiet ..

hopeful to hear more about this player before the draft.

Especially one who comes in at 6'8" 250

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

• 4 weeks later...