The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gleason, Volchenkov, O'Brien to be bought out.

Plum

I just want to confirm, Gleasons buyout is a regular buyout and as such will count to the full $4+ million against the cap for the remainder of his contract right?

Gleason will cost US$833,333 against the cap next season, $1,833,333 in 2015-16 and then $1,333,333 in 2016-17

I just want to confirm, Gleasons buyout is a regular buyout and as such will count to the full $4+ million against the cap for the remainder of his contract right?

No idea how it works but I can Guarantee you his buyout caphit wont even be close to $4M. Even half of that is too high. It's probably ~1.5-1.75M

the canucks only have room for one more defenceman and if they're getting one it should be a top pairing right side puck mover.

So they should get Subban, Doughty, Letang, or Karlsson? Pretty sure those are the only 4 in the league that fit that criteria.

Thanks for changing your avatar btw.

It's all part of the plan

Gleason will cost US$833,333 against the cap next season, $1,833,333 in 2015-16 and then $1,333,333 in 2016-17

833,333 1st year

1,833,333 2nd year

1,333,333 3rd year

1,333,333 4th year

No idea how it works but I can Guarantee you his buyout caphit wont even be close to $4M. Even half of that is too high. It's probably ~1.5-1.75M

That is just frigging ridiculous....

$1 million and then basically $2 million per year....Even jeff Finger is laughing right now

So they should get Subban, Doughty, Letang, or Karlsson? Pretty sure those are the only 4 in the league that fit that criteria.

It's all part of the plan

where did i say it needed to be all star quality?

"Top pairing right side puck mover".

Who else fits that bill that's not an all-star?

dan boyle, mike green, brent seabrook, dustin byfuglien, james wisniewski, alex pietrangelo, matt niskanen, kevin shattenkirk, tyson barrie ...

They were going good with the rebuild for a while, then they went off the rails a gain. Boston series has to be the turning point. I think it's a good lesson for Nucks, it's not just about skill, which TO has in abundance, you need guys to sacrifice and get the dirty goals. I think taking Virtanen over any of the smaller skilled euros was all about that.

Archived