The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Burrows' Said No To Waiving NTC

$5m salary and $1.5m signing bonus for $6.5 million 2014-2015.

$6m salary and $2 m signing bonus for $8m last year.

SEASON AHL SALARY

icon_10chart-blue_help.png NHL SALARY

icon_10chart-blue_help.png P. BONUSES

icon_10chart-blue_help.png S. BONUS

icon_10chart-blue_help.png

icon_10chart-blue_help.png 2013-14 $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $0 $2,000,000 2014-15 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $0 $1,500,000

Troll

You may want to look here

the signing BONUS IS INCLUDED IN THE SALARY NUMBER ON CAPGEEK

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DEBATE ME HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF FACTS.

IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, CLICK ON THE (?) NEAR SBONUS = SIGNING BONUS AND IT WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE

WELL AS I SAID

WRONG

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

Say what you want about Kes. At least he waived.

He picked teams in our division/conference...scoped them out while he was stilling wearing the jersey and said "I want to go there". So that was fairly limiting. I'm not sure that's a positive when comparing against someone who wants to stay here and is loyal to this team. His was not a team decision, it was a personal one. So allow for Burr to make the same?

Why does everything have to be so black and white on CDC?

FTR: Not everyone wants to dump Burrows because of his Cap hit, or the fact that he had a porr season last year. I think most reasonable fans believe that he'll probably get back somewhere close to the form that earned him the money he's currently making.

But he is an older player and his production likely will continue to decline.

With the Canucks realisitically years away from being a legitimate contender, it makes sense to move a player like Burrows, if there is a deal out there that helps secure the team's future. A high prospect and a first round pick is more to the benefit of the team in the long run, than a diminishing return for the next few seasons.

That's why it makes sense to trade Alex Burrows. Not because of his contract. Not because of his last season. Because it helps the team.

That being said, I don't agree with anyone who criticizes a player for not waiving an NTC. That was negotiated in good faith by both parties and the player usually takes less money to get it. If Burrows truly doesn't want to leave Vancouver until his contract expires, that is his right.

No you're closer to your buddies and distractions...if being in a crap hole like Winnipeg can't get him to settle down you think Vancouver will?

I don't really think you understand sport if you are thinking character doesn't matter than much bud, it matters more than most things actually.

Burrows is a top 40 goal scorer in the NHL over the last 5 years for one reason, heart/character....

Alot of players have talent in any sport but never win or achieve to their capabilities because they glide on talent, don't have the will to be better, simply want to enjoy the 'life' of being a pro athlete....

We don't need that, we need more Linden mentalities, Kassian mentalities...Kane will simply make a mess of our locker room, and its a falacy to think vets can reign a guy in, that's why Seguin was moved.

That was a cup winning team with many many leaders, yet they couldn't control him. Kane needs to go to a place where he can have fun, there isn't pressure and he can simply pot his 20-25 and party.....

What do you think of Patrick Kane's character? Sure worked out bad for Chicago!

A player's NHL salary for an individual season is the sum of a base salary, and, if applicable, a signing bonus.

Troll

You may want to look here

the signing BONUS IS INCLUDED IN THE SALARY NUMBER ON CAPGEEK

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DEBATE ME HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF FACTS.

IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, CLICK ON THE (?) NEAR SBONUS = SIGNING BONUS AND IT WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE

WELL AS I SAID

WRONG

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

I know you aren't doling out the $$ but Aqua is paying Burr $6.5m this year.

Burrows base salary is $5m this season and he receives a $1.5 m bonus.

A player's NHL salary for an individual season is the sum of base salary, and, if applicable, a signing bonus.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/alexandre-burrows/

i would have thought trade burrows to get younger. but we just signed 2 guys who are 33 and counting. Burrows will be on the 2nd line now you would have to think?

Vrbata is a solid choice to play with the twins.

Could we get burrows to waive? i think so but would depend on the team. him or edler. then make a pitch to MDZ as a cheaper option on the leftside

i would have thought trade burrows to get younger. but we just signed 2 guys who are 33 and counting. Burrows will be on the 2nd line now you would have to think?

Vrbata is a solid choice to play with the twins.

Could we get burrows to waive? i think so but would depend on the team. him or edler. then make a pitch to MDZ as a cheaper option on the leftside

JB loves Edler, at least according to his media appearances.

A player's NHL salary for an individual season is the sum of a base salary, and, if applicable, a signing bonus.

I know you aren't doling out the $$ but Aqua is paying Burr $6.5m this year.

Burrows base salary is $5m this season and he receives a $1.5 m bonus.

A player's NHL salary for an individual season is the sum of base salary, and, if applicable, a signing bonus.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/alexandre-burrows/

What part of 'the signing bonus is included in the 5 million" do you not understand man...

wow just WOW

The fact that you will not accept this fact is showing me quite clearly you are trolling.

You suggested that Burrows made 8 million last year. Lol he made six which included his signing bonus.

TSN/Sportsnet etc quote capgeek constantly. It is seen as one of the most reliable sources of salary information in the NHL

AGAIN, if you read the salary tab and look at the (?) where it states the Signing bonus

It clearly states the following and I quote

"The amount of salary that is paid as a signing bonus in a given season. This amount is included in the salary column"

Now...here's some more spoon feeding for you for the last time, since you really can't accept that you are WRONG

The salary column shows

2014 - 6 million = 2 of which was a signing bonus

2015 - 5 million = 1.5 of which was a signing bonus

FOR THE LAST TIME THE SIGNING BONUS IS INCLUDED IN THE SALARY

quote from the site you provided

"Alexandre Burrows signed a 4 year / $18 million contract with the Vancouver Canucks, including $4,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $4,500,000."

Right? well add up the numbers you say, 6 mill plus the 2 mil SB, 5 mil plus the 1.5 mil SB and what do you get over four years?

22 million

22 million is not equal to 18 million sorry

NOW GO TROLL ELSEWHERE. You are wrong, accept it.

What part of 'the signing bonus is included in the 5 million" do you not understand man...

wow just WOW

The fact that you will not accept this fact is showing me quite clearly you are trolling.

You suggested that Burrows made 8 million last year. Lol he made six which included his signing bonus.

TSN/Sportsnet etc quote capgeek constantly. It is seen as one of the most reliable sources of salary information in the NHL

AGAIN, if you read the salary tab and look at the (?) where it states the Signing bonus

It clearly states the following and I quote

"The amount of salary that is paid as a signing bonus in a given season. This amount is included in the salary column"

Now...here's some more spoon feeding for you for the last time, since you really can't accept that you are WRONG

The salary column shows

2014 - 6 million = 2 of which was a signing bonus

2015 - 5 million = 1.5 of which was a signing bonus

FOR THE LAST TIME THE SIGNING BONUS IS INCLUDED IN THE SALARY

NOW GO TROLL ELSEWHERE. You are wrong, accept it.

Don't get distracted. Whether its is included or not is irrelevant, he is overpaid either way and does not fit what this team is trying to do moving forward. Time to move him.

Hey all you over-reactionary spazzes..here's some info for you on your new favorite whipping boy

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-5-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

Burrows is #40 in goals scored over the last 5 years in the entire league

That is after a horrendous year, injuries, a team in chaos where EVERYONE PLAYED POORLY.

If you normalize him back to about 25 goals, which is what he is more than capable of, that would have put him in the TOP 20 IN THE NHL NEAR PLAYERS LIKE

Patrick Kane

Daniel Sedin

Malkin

Kopitar

Vanek

Staal

St Louis

Pavelski

Tavares

Shall I continue????

ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS AS TO WHAT THIS PLAYER MEANS TO THIS TEAM AND HIS VALUE - Oh, he plays a hard 200 ft game too unlike many of the names above there

YA THINK THERE MIGHT BE A REASON WHY TEAMS WOULD WANT THIS GUY?

HE'S OVERPAID HUH?

LMAO...FOOLISH COMMENTS BY SO MANY HERE

You don't seem to like it here very much.

Don't get distracted. Whether its is included or not is irrelevant, he is overpaid either way and does not fit what this team is trying to do moving forward. Time to move him.

that's nice...i disagree

and I will bring this quote back up to you when you are back on the bandwagon later in the season

thanks, then again, since you clearly know very little about hockey i suspect i will never waste another second reading one of your trolly posts

go back to paying attention in summer school, it will help you

If it's anything like garrison, this won't be the last time Benning asks him to waive

Benning seems like one of those guys that once he's got a plan in mind, he will continue to carry forward to get it done

I personally am fine with it because I'm tired of the old canucks and are ready for change

Something has to get done. Too many players

Here are my rankings

1 henrik Sedin

2 Daniel Sedin

3 Radim vrbata

4 zack kassian

5 nick bonino

6 Alexander burrows

7 Chris Higgins

8 nick Jensen

9 yannick Hansen

10 Richardson

11 Matthias

12. Vey

13 Dorsett

14. Zalewski-AHL

15. Lain-AHL

16. Sestito

17. Archibald- AHL

18. Welsh- AHL

19. Kenins-AHL ( never seen him play)

? Bo Horvat ( seems like he will make the team nothing left for him in juniors )

So that makes 15 NHL regulars including Horvat with 5 players expecting call ups = too many players

Easier just to start your own message board. That is until you grow tired of other people disagreeing with you within 2 weeks.

I have no issue with someone having a differing view point, the issue is when people have opinions that are based in a lack of understanding of facts, or not facts at all.

You are one of them!

Take Care, already have ya on my block list, just have to figure out how. Prefer to converse with people who have well thought out views and rational thought processes!

Have a wonderful life

If it's anything like garrison, this won't be the last time Benning asks him to waive

Benning seems like one of those guys that once he's got a plan in mind, he will continue to carry forward to get it done

I personally am fine with it because I'm tired of the old canucks and are ready for change

Something has to get done. Too many players

Here are my rankings

1 henrik Sedin

2 Daniel Sedin

3 Radim vrbata

4 zack kassian

5 nick bonino

6 Alexander burrows

7 Chris Higgins

8 nick Jensen

9 yannick Hansen

10 Richardson

11 Matthias

12. Vey

13 Dorsett

14. Zalewski-AHL

15. Lain-AHL

16. Sestito

17. Archibald- AHL

18. Welsh- AHL

19. Kenins-AHL ( never seen him play)

? Bo Horvat ( seems like he will make the team nothing left for him in juniors )

So that makes 15 NHL regulars including Horvat with 5 players expecting call ups = too many players

I think you are over valuing the bottom half of that roster and expecting alot from our youth by suggesting its wise to trade our 6th best player (according to your rankings) - I'd actually have

Henrik

Daniel

Burr

Richardson

Bonino

Higgins

Kassian

then whatever going forward....

I look at a player's value in its entirety, his role, what he brings, how we performs his role, not just points.

This is the reason I have Richie and Higgins higher, I think they are very valuable pieces to winning hockey games.

Kassian has potential but still has to prove it consistently and show he can manage a new role as a top six, therefore at this stage he really hasn't settled into a real role that is key to winning games.....

Trading Burr would be foolish and personally given the source of the rumour, Botchford, I cannot believe I have wasted so much time debating it here!

And I am quickly learning this site is full of 17 yr old trolls! (not you)

Archived