The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Burrows' Said No To Waiving NTC

I can really appreciate what JB is trying to do. It's time to get rid of the stale core. Surprised someone actually wanted him

my sentiments exactly. I think Burrows will bounce back. The time is now to move him though.

Say what you will about Burr, at least he didn't demand a trade, let alone to one specific team.

He took a big contract but the Sedin did most of the work!

Kesler played with shit line mates and still put up decent points.

With all do respect to his character and work ethic, im sure most gms are aware of what his production woild be on their teams without the Sedins. Factor in his contract and his penchant for officiating disdain and its doubtful the trade return would be anything great.

Burr is seasoned enough to know what his role would be on a deep team - a significantly reduced one. But realistically the overpriced contract makes the chance of trade unlikely imo.

What is there not to like about Alex Burrows? What were the Twins doing before he came along?

Burrows has one of the best hand/eye skills of any forward in the NHL. His ability to give/go is top rank. His d-zone PK is still top notch. With his injuries behind him I expect a 50 point year out of him. That said his point production is only one aspect. Is there a better clutch player on this roster? Burrows has demonstrated that ability for many years. I doubt there are many young players who

do not look to him for leadership.

Burrow's biggest draw back IMO is his age. I am a advocate for a Canuck rebuild in the 20 - 25 age group. I could see Burrows being a better mentor for that group than most but also realize that Benning has to convert his aging vets into tomorrows prospects and picks. If a good offer is made for Burrows then that is the way it has to be. I leave Benning to make the hockey judgement on any such deal with the confidence that he considers all aspects of what Alex Burrows brings to the Canucks.

He took a big contract but the Sedin did most of the work!

Kesler played with crap line mates and still put up decent points.

Did you just start watching hockey last year? Burrows was putting up 20-30 goals playing with the twins and only making peanuts compared to other wingers with similar production. Maybe you should do a little research to see how Burrows got to where he is. It's called hard work, heart, and perseverance. His current contract is reward for supreme underpayment. In my opinion, last year was an anomaly.

If Burr can stay healthy, I think we'll see the old Burr again.... He showed us a glimpse last year when he finally got healthy and developed confidence after the first goal, he had a total of 5 goals and 9 points in 5 games before getting his hand chopped off. The talent is still there, and I still believe that he can be a valuable versatile piece that can produce 20 goals and 40-50 points.

Im guessing that he'll play with Bonino and Kassian or Vey.

This is more for curiousity than anything, but I wonder after all these years if we are not better off without Burrows. Is his contract worth anything near what we are paying him, and would any team pick him off the waver wire.

Also looking for an answer to if we can move his contract down to Utica if he cleared wavers? Just asking!

Personally, I think it puts us in a better position to pick off of the other teams that are having cap trouble, and there have been some pretty big names not having their contracts renewed, or bought out, what makes Burrows so different?

Basically, wondering if JB and TL would do this? Is it worth the risk? Asset wise Burrows is worth a 2nd or 3 rounder maybe?

I would like to hear your opinions on this matter!

If we are thinking about waiving Burrows, at least ask Buffalo for their 2nd rounder or something seeming they have first rights for the waiver pick-up (if they want him of course, otherwise, a pick for Hansen and keep Burrows). Eg. Burrows waived so that Buffalo can pick-up with first option as well as Buffalo 3rd rounder traded for Vancouver 7th rounder.

With the kind of season Burrows had, he's worth a 3rd/4th/5th rounder. Really. We all know that he's A) Aging. And b. He just came off from a very bad season which makes his value a LOT lower. Realistically, would you give away your 2nd/3rd round pick for an aging player that has played poorly last season due to injuries? I'd certainly not. I mean he is great for depth on a team that needs depth with their 3rd line. He also quite frankly would waive to a contender because he's 33 years old and wants a cup.. But my question is, what do other teams think of Burrow's value? If I was GMJB, I'd rather buy out Burrows, and keep Booth for one more year because his contract expires 2014/2015. And Booth looked pretty good with Kassian and Richardson near the end of the season. Burrows, was up and down. Giving us costly penalties.

Anyways to me, he's worth a 4th/5th round pick from the season he had. I'd ask Burrows to waive his candy(aka NTC) with a package to bring in Johansen or something..

Absolutely not to waiving Burrows. I'm quite confident he will bounce back this season. And there is no point to trading him right now with his value being so low.

Let him stay on the 2nd line, or fill in if vrbata doesn't gel with the twins.

....Burrows would be picked up the moment it would be announced, think about it.

I know a lot of people are down on Burrows. But seriously. Injury plagued season. Waivers? Really?

Lock this up

Archived