The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our future PK

FaninMex

There has been a lot of talk recently about trading Burrows and Hansen. There has even been talk about trading Richardson.

While I am open to trading these players, I am concerned about a lack of thought about what will become of our PK. Last year before the plague of injuries decimated our team we had a great PK.

Santo and Richardson were outstanding together.

Burr and Kes had been great for quite a few years

Hansen is also decent on the PK.

However, we have lost two key players and could lose more.

So, the question has to be made, who will step up to the plate to fill this growing gap?

The PK will miss Kesler a lot. Burrows/Hansen/Matthias/Richardson/Higgins and maybe even Dorsett are the remaining options.

For all the panic about Sedins killing penalties last year, they really didn't do much of it.

Not sure why we'd trade Richardson. He's cheapish, we need him, and he doesn't hold much value. Unless he wants out, but no talk about that is there?

It probably helped that torts knew what he was doing on the PK. though injuries got in the way.. torts had to change things around and put the sedins for quite some time on the PK which literally killed them.. production wise that is..

I'm not worried about our pk. It's our powerplay that needs to rebound big time.

We have a solid group of bottom 6 forwards that can all pk (Higgins, Hansen, Dorsett, Vey, Richardson, Matthias, and Burrows), not to mention solid D men (Hamhuis, Tanev, Sbisa, Stanton, Bieksa), and great goaltending (Miller, Lack) that can all come up big on the penalty kill.

Edler returning to form and Vrbata and Bonino finding chemistry on the powerplay is what will be more important IMO.

Tanev is a Dman. I was talking forwards.

Vrbata I doubt will be on the PK, especially because if you didnt like the Sedins there you're not gonna want him there.

Can Dorsett do well on the PK?

Burrows

Hansen

Mathias ( I remember him playing on the PK, but don't remember his quality )

Higgins

Richardson

I don't really see Horvat or Gaunce making the team but if they do maybe they will see some PK time

Edit:

Forgot Richardson.

Tanev is a Dman. I was talking forwards.

Vrbata I doubt will be on the PK, especially because if you didnt like the Sedins there you're not gonna want him there.

Can Dorsett do well on the PK?

Burrows

Hansen

Mathias

Higgins

I don't really see Horvat or Gaunce making the team but if they do maybe they will see some PK time

Dorsett is a very good pker.

You can add Richardson and Vey to that list too.

We have more than enough guys to fill that role.

If Hansen and Dorsett are on the 4th line, adding in their PK time and that WD wants to roll four lines, the fourth line is going to get pretty decent minutes so ultimately there might not be much difference TOI-wise between the 3rd and 4th. Indeed, could be pretty much interchangeable.

Archived