The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues sign Peter Mueller

Good signing for the Blues.

I'm somewhat surprised Mueller would go to a team as deep as the Blues. I would have thought he'd prefer to go to a team where he'd get more of a chance. Have to think there was a couple other teams that were interested.

I'm somewhat surprised Mueller would go to a team as deep as the Blues. I would have thought he'd prefer to go to a team where he'd get more of a chance. Have to think there was a couple other teams that were interested.

I don't think he had any other options to be fair.

Not a bad move. Added Stastny and a few cheap skilled guys throughout this off-season. They realized that you can't play Steen 25mins a game if you want to win in the playoffs. Not all these guys will be effective in big games, but at least they'll take some pressure off of the main offensive contributors.

Probably better for resurrecting his career...low pressure not going to a team where it's "score goals for us or it's failure" kind of situation.

Not a bad move. Added Stastny and a few cheap skilled guys throughout this off-season. They realized that you can't play Steen 25mins a game if you want to win in the playoffs. Not all these guys will be effective in big games, but at least they'll take some pressure off of the main offensive contributors.

Ah, Steen....who "Mario'ed up" in his contract year,

Now that he's signed it's a good thing the Blues are finding ways to replace the goals Steen won't be motivated enough to score,

Stastny is like that too as I recall,

Could be an interesting year in St. Louis, and for all the wrong reasons.

This guy will be the steal of the year. Surprised more teams didn't go after him. Very low risk-high reward player, if healthy. Would have loved him with the Canucks to add depth.

I don't know if he's a lock for steal of the year. People forget Brad Richards signed in Chicago for like $1M/1yr and could thrive playing with the guys there.

I don't know if he's a lock for steal of the year. People forget Brad Richards signed in Chicago for like $1M/1yr and could thrive playing with the guys there.

Great signing, although, he chose Chicago and that amount of money himself to give himself the best chance to win the cup. Wasn't very much an under the radar signing where he comes out of nowhere, or anything.

2 million for a year only.. If he plays to what he's lived up to be for that kind of contract, Chicago would be even more harder to beat

Think they were more referring to his concussion history over his character history in the case of Marchand. I'm hoping he has a good year, and signing for cheap in St. Louis not only gives him a chance to play on a contender, but also be to be used in sheltered minutes where he doesn't have to be smashed time and again.

Archived