The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McDavid

CALGARY!

Or "the canucks were lucky [insert player name here] was injured, he would've turned the series around"

This makes zero sense to me right now, but i'm toasted. Like I said, i be too busy hard partying if they won to care what people here thought about it.

You're the most negative guy I've ever seen on any forum. Go cheer for the Oiler or something

Also! you're telling me he's going to top Hank's 112 points? SMH so hard right now

You serious? That statement is hardly pessimistic. Barring a huge fall from grace, it's quite likely actually. Time to put those Canucks goggles aside for a sec.

stats wise Mcdavid is not even close to the generational talent players. Stats wise he's on par with Hall or Nudge or Yak. He also isn' putting up the goal totals that other were able to.

Tavares put up a 72 G 132 P season as a 16 year old

Crosby put up a 66 G 168 P season in his draft year and 135 P season as a 16 year old

Stamkos put up 58 G 105 P season in his draft year.

McDavid hasn't cracked 30 goals. He does have the tools to be a dynamic hockey player but so do many other players in the NHL. Could he be a top 5 superstar? I don't know, maybe in a few years when crosby and others start to slow down, Crosby and Ovi were able to jump into the league as 18 year olds and dominate. Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane, Ovi, Tavares, Getzlaf, Bergeron, Kopitar, Doughty, Giroux and players like Seguin who is just coming into his zone, are going to be a tuff group to pass, but to even be a top 15 player in the league would be a success none the less.

I heard a quote the other day and it's really got me thinking.

"The Selke trophy has become the most important individual award in the NHL over the last couple of years. It's more important to have one of the NHL's top 200 foot game players then it is to have a player wins the art ross every year. Any time you have a player that is in the running to win the selke, that team has the best chance to win the cup

The Crosby's, Ovechkin's and Stamkos' type players can load up with points in regular seasons and fight over who wins the art ross each year. While the Toews', Bergeron's, Kopitar's and Datzyuk type players can fight over who wins the cup."

Not saying I agree with him, but I'm thinking McDavid will be consistent 100-point producer, and while he may not hit 112, I'd take multiple 100-point seasons over one 112 season.

That'd put him on par with Crosby, a notch above Stamkos and Malkin. I wouldn't trade Stammer or Geno for McDavid. Also, consistent 100 point producer...hmm...sounds like familiar to this one guy who busted...he was also being called "The next great one", I can't really put my finger on his name though...hmm...

stats wise Mcdavid is not even close to the generational talent players. Stats wise he's on par with Hall or Nudge or Yak. He also isn' putting up the goal totals that other were able to.

Crosby put up a 66 G 168 P season in his draft year and 135 P season as a 16 year old

McDavid hasn't cracked 30 goals. He does have the tools to be a dynamic hockey player but so do many other players in the NHL. Could he be a top 5 superstar? I don't know, maybe in a few years when crosby and others start to slow down, Crosby and Ovi were able to jump into the league as 18 year olds and dominate. Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane, Ovi, Tavares, Getzlaf, Bergeron, Kopitar, Doughty, Giroux and players like Seguin who is just coming into his zone, are going to be a tuff group to pass, but to even be a top 15 player in the league would be a success none the less.

"The Selke trophy has become the most important individual award in the NHL over the last couple of years. It's more important to have one of the NHL top 200 foot game players then it is to have a player wins the art ross every year. Any time you have a player that is in the running to win the selke, that team has the best chance to win the cup

The Crosby's, Ovechkin's and Stamkos' type players can load up with points in regular seasons and fight over who wins the art ross each year. While the Toews', Bergeron's, Kopitar's and Datzyuk type players can fight over who wins the cup."

Too bad we lost Kesler then.

That'd put him on par with Crosby, a notch above Stamkos and Malkin. I wouldn't trade Stammer or Geno for McDavid. Also, consistent 100 point producer...hmm...sounds like familiar to this one guy who busted...he was also being called "The next great one", I can't really put my finger on his name though...hmm...

My point is I'd take several elite level seasons over a couple of them.

The more I look at Eichel, the more he looks like the better prospect. Stronger on the puck. Stronger without the puck. Stronger on draws. Looks like a real potential two-way force.

While McD may be a bit quicker and slicker, he's also a bit easier to get off his game.

I think Canadian hype will propel McD to the top, but holy crap Eichel is good. See that faceoff play in that video above? That's Lemieux-like.

"The Selke trophy has become the most important individual award in the NHL over the last couple of years. It's more important to have one of the NHL top 200 foot game players then it is to have a player wins the art ross every year. Any time you have a player that is in the running to win the selke, that team has the best chance to win the cup

Mcdavid had better ppg this season than Stamkos, nuge, and yak had in their draft years. I only really see Crosby, Tavares and Kane having a better draft year than him.

As for the selke comment, I agree with that. I don't feel the need for a clear-cut superstar #1 center

Sort of derailing my own Topic but I saw Druins name come up in a reply somewher. Does anyone else feel that Drouin was overrated and looked a lot worse without McKinnon at his side this past season. I don't think in hindsight TB would have taken him third overall.

Sort of derailing my own Topic but I saw Druins name come up in a reply somewher. Does anyone else feel that Drouin was overrated and looked a lot worse without McKinnon at his side this past season. I don't think in hindsight TB would have taken him third overall.

I never felt he was the kind of guy you could build around but playing with Stamkos could do wonders for him. Yea he's a bit overrated

He's still probably the top winger in that draft and that's what Tampa needs (a first line winger). Jones would have been good, but they already have Hedman on the right side. Although, if they drafted Jones they could of done what the Ducks did in 2007 and have two top D pairings (how they had Pronger and Niedermayer split up).

Still, Tampa needed a top winger to play with Stamkos.

Certainly notable that the prime C prospects we have all fit that profile :)

Archived