The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

We'll see. Mine aren't actually so bad. If all else fails I'll let my landlord deal with it.

yes,,,you may need to..they put huge heaters in your place..close all the windows and heat it up...it kills everything...even plants which you will have to remove...tell your landlord and they bring in a sniffer dog trained for bedbugs....you wont get rid of them on your own...my moms apt block had them, dont mean to scare you but its a process...

8 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

yes,,,you may need to..they put huge heaters in your place..close all the windows and heat it up...it kills everything...even plants which you will have to remove...tell your landlord and they bring in a sniffer dog trained for bedbugs....you wont get rid of them on your own...my moms apt block had them, dont mean to scare you but its a process...

I get it. But I am going to be cautiously optimistic. I'll email my landlady if I have time. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

was offered a (second) master's degree at the university of toronto this month that COULD land me in a dream job type position. unfortunately, the projected cost of the degree would have been approximately 65k over two years. on top of the bit of debt i already have, i would have been in rough shape in a couple of years.

unfortunately, the 'dream job' scenarios do not pay super great so i would have been seriously burdened by money.

had to reject the offer. broke my stupid heart, and now i'm worried i'm going to spend the next year (or ten) thinking about whether or not i made a mistake

my guess is that if your decision were a mistake, you wouldn't have made the decision.

there's so much opportunity here in Toronto; with your current degree and some balls (ie: entrepreneurship, work ethic, the ability to smile and be kind to people), you'll have long since forgotten about this in 10 years!

48 minutes ago, nzan said:

my guess is that if your decision were a mistake, you wouldn't have made the decision.

there's so much opportunity here in Toronto; with your current degree and some balls (ie: entrepreneurship, work ethic, the ability to smile and be kind to people), you'll have long since forgotten about this in 10 years!

yeah, i think you're right. a big appeal of the program was that it would force me out of my comfort zone in the west coast and make me move to toronto and be forced into meeting new people similar to myself. 

but i don't think there's anything stopping me from doing that right now as it is - i guess just a lack of balls, so to speak

16 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

yeah, i think you're right. a big appeal of the program was that it would force me out of my comfort zone in the west coast and make me move to toronto and be forced into meeting new people similar to myself. 

but i don't think there's anything stopping me from doing that right now as it is - i guess just a lack of balls, so to speak

Do it man.

happiness over money all day everyday.

9 hours ago, One one two said:

Can I ask what the nature of the degree and job would have been?

school of information - there's a double concentration that i was accepted to (including access to their 'book culture/history' program) that nicely pairs my lib. arts experience with 'real world' job stuff. when i say 'dream job' what i mean is that it's a tangible approach to the things i enjoy - not so much, like, being a chocolatier 

2 minutes ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

only way to fix that bath-room-2.jpg

So I'm at Canada's wonderland last week and I go into the can.

a grown man in his twenties is standing exactly like that in full view of probably two dozen people.  Guy was also as hairy as an orangutan....my eyes bled on the spot.

28 minutes ago, riffraff said:

So I'm at Canada's wonderland last week and I go into the can.

a grown man in his twenties is standing exactly like that in full view of probably two dozen people.  Guy was also as hairy as an orangutan....my eyes bled on the spot.

At least you didnt see this......

urinal_zpssu5r7sgv.jpg

• Upvote 1

The confessions thread is so lit right now ahaha. 

Speaking of bathroom confessions: Back in high school I had a friend whose family owned a vacation home they were remodeling up by Seattle. The used to let me tag along and stay with them during the summer. There were remodeling the main house, where the dad stayed, and we teen girls (me, my friend, and my friend's sister) all stayed in the freshly remodeled living space above the detached garage. Even though the living space was fixed up, plumbing still hadn't been installed. We were supposed to go to the main house and use the  old, filthy, moldy (hence the remodel) bathroom there.

All of us were kind of skeeved out by the bathroom in the main house, and one night it was pretty late when we all needed to pee and we didn't want to walk across the dark yard (there had been some break-ins/suspicious persons) to get there. Since there was no plumbing in the living space we decided to just pee in our Vitamin Water bottles. Problem was that only one of us had finished our drink at that point. We ended up taking turns peeing in the bottle, one after another.

I was the last one to use it. It was warm and wet to the touch :(

Bonus confession: Both of the other girls got super sunburned that trip (I didn't; melanin FTW!). I gleefully helped them peel their dead, flaking skin off. I just helped my bf peel his sunburn off too. I love doing that. I have kind of a problem.

Edited by ThrustyPrusty89
19 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Bonus confession: Both of the other girls got super sunburned that trip (I didn't; melanin FTW!). I gleefully helped them peel their dead, flaking skin off. I just helped my bf peel his sunburn off too. I love doing that. I have kind of a problem.

I confess that this reminded me of Silence of the Lambs. I also wondered what % of people eat the skin. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I confess that this reminded me of Silence of the Lambs. I also wondered what % of people eat the skin. Sorry.

Lol I don't eat the skin; even I have standards. I just love holding the skin up to the light and looking at the patterns, etc. I always loved looking at skin cells under microscopes too. Probably why I majored in biology and have an interest in dermatology.

• Upvote 1