The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

It only took GNR 2 albums to become everything they said they hated. Thats some kind of record.

Nirvana released Bleach, then Nevermind followed shortly after and Cobain became everything he hated too. so is that technically one album? that's even more impressive than GnR

Nirvana released Bleach, then Nevermind followed shortly after and Cobain became everything he hated too. so is that technically one album? that's even more impressive than GnR

Imo Kurt was dealing with some self loathing issues (amongst other issues) before he was even in a band.

Imo Kurt was dealing with some self loathing issues (amongst other issues) before he was even in a band.

maybe, but it's well documented that he didn't like the glossy, awful production on Nevermind and how poppy it sounded. regardless of his mental health issues, dude became a pop star over night with Nevermind -- hence the dramatic shift with In Utero

maybe, but it's well documented that he didn't like the glossy, awful production on Nevermind and how poppy it sounded. regardless of his mental health issues, dude became a pop star over night with Nevermind -- hence the dramatic shift with In Utero

Dudes life was a mess circa in utero

Courtenay and him battling heroin/pills and the courts for possession of frances....big contributor to that album...

Just a sad and ugly existence.

Edit:

As a fan, though not my favourite of that era, I enjoyed the production of nevermind as much as any other album.

Edited by riffraff

i just learned that i dont know how to quit a job .__. i was offered another gig, with better pay, but i can't simply go to the owners to tell them that cause i dont want to think that im leaving with bad blood, considering that we're hurting so much for kitchen staff, but i've had enough, and after 18 months, it's time to move on :x

i just learned that i dont know how to quit a job .__. i was offered another gig, with better pay, but i can't simply go to the owners to tell them that cause i dont want to think that im leaving with bad blood, considering that we're hurting so much for kitchen staff, but i've had enough, and after 18 months, it's time to move on :x

If you told them, there is the possibility that they might offer you more to keep you..

If you told them, there is the possibility that they might offer you more to keep you..

LOL there is NO way that they'll match what the other place is offering me. i've been through way too much crap over the past 8 months, even being interim kitchen manager until i told the owners that it's much for me to dump on all at once, and they're only paying me $11.50/h. the fact is, that they do need me, because i'm the only consistent person this kitchen has had since the head chef who mentored me left. the only way i'd stay is if they offered me salary xD

LOL there is NO way that they'll match what the other place is offering me. i've been through way too much crap over the past 8 months, even being interim kitchen manager until i told the owners that it's much for me to dump on all at once, and they're only paying me $11.50/h. the fact is, that they do need me, because i'm the only consistent person this kitchen has had since the head chef who mentored me left. the only way i'd stay is if they offered me salary xD

Sounds like you've done a lot for your current employer. Hopefully you can figure out a way to leave on good terms. I wouldn't discount telling them about the offer and how tempting it is due to the poor work conditions and then seeing if they'd do something to try to keep you. Maybe you can play them off each other. Only you know how the owners are though and how they'd take the news.