The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

St. Louis police shoot, kill knife-wielding suspect

PrideInThisTeam

And here we go again..http://globalnews.ca/news/1515890/st-louis-police-shoot-kill-knife-wielding-suspect/

About 13 miles from Ferguson, Missouri, an officer-involved shooting in the city of St. Louis has sparked renewed rage in the wake of the police shooting death of 18-year-old unarmed black teen Michael Brown.

Chief Sam Dotson of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department said Tuesday an officer was involved in the fatal shooting of a suspect who “brandished a knife at officers.”

Dotson said no officers were injured and the investigation is ongoing. He said the officers involved are on administrative duty “per department policy.”

The suspect yelled "Kill me now" and approached, being shot by two officers. Locals call victim well-known, "Everyone knew he was mentally challenged. They shouldn't have shot him"

And here we go again..http://globalnews.ca/news/1515890/st-louis-police-shoot-kill-knife-wielding-suspect/

About 13 miles from Ferguson, Missouri, an officer-involved shooting in the city of St. Louis has sparked renewed rage in the wake of the police shooting death of 18-year-old unarmed black teen Michael Brown.

Chief Sam Dotson of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department said Tuesday an officer was involved in the fatal shooting of a suspect who “brandished a knife at officers.”

Dotson said no officers were injured and the investigation is ongoing. He said the officers involved are on administrative duty “per department policy.”

The suspect yelled "Kill me now" and approached, being shot by two officers. Locals call victim well-known, "Everyone knew he was mentally challenged. They shouldn't have shot him"

Completely different situation and scenario... Obviously he shouldn't have been killed if he wasnt directly harming the officer, but I hope this isn't compared to the Brown case....

It seems to the similar to the Sammy Yatam shooting in Toronto.

What happen to tasers?

This world is just F-ed up.

I think it way to early to tell if he should have been tasered or shot. Who knows maybe one of officers was potentially in harm?

Or maybe shoot him once in the leg or something to immobilize him if there's no other choice. They shot the guy 4 times.

Doesn't work like that in the real world unfortunately.

When police make the choice to shoot someone, they shoot to kill.

Why can't the cop just use fists like a man?

???? racists.

You watch too much TV.

There is training against knife attacks that are hands on but it's training that gives you a small chance as opposed to no chance.

Deadly force is the best option police are trained for. Even with a gun, one is seriously at a disadvantage when someone pulls a knife on you. Action is always faster than reaction.

Doesn't work like that in the real world unfortunately.

When police make the choice to shoot someone, they shoot to kill.

They are trained to shoot centre of mass because under pressure and real stress it is almost impossible to hit your target when your life flashes upon you.

shot 4 times dosnt sound like incapacitating a suspect....it sounds like 1 officer with an itchy trigger finger or 4 cops all wanting in on the action.

I love living in a world where calling the police for help is becoming less and less of an option

There are times that one needs to be shot multiple times to be stopped. When you shoot someone it doesn't necessary stop them immediately. It depends on his where you shoot him and the momentum of the suspect

They are trained to shoot centre of mass because under pressure and real stress it is almost impossible to hit your target when your life flashes upon you.

Well, yes, the point of aim is always the centre mass hold, but the point was that when they make the choice to shoot someone, they're shooting to kill, not to maim. Discharging a firearm is always a last resort option, and is used with the intention of killing someone.

Well, yes, the point of aim is always the centre mass hold, but the point was that when they make the choice to shoot someone, they're shooting to kill, not to maim. Discharging a firearm is always a last resort option, and is used with the intention of killing someone.

You are mincing words. To effectively stop someone equals a good chance of killing them. No one intends to kill otherwise why are there life saving measures that take place after the shooting? The police are trained to stop and centre of mass equals good chance of death

shot 4 times dosnt sound like incapacitating a suspect....it sounds like 1 officer with an itchy trigger finger or 4 cops all wanting in on the action.

I love living in a world where calling the police for help is becoming less and less of an option

We need more smart people like this.

If the cop would just use the 12 steps to apprehension, there'd never be a shooting again.

Was the person black?

Depends. If Al Sharpton shows up, we know the cop was white and the person shot was black.

/science

Ridiculous. You can pray to your God when your life is in jeopardy. I would do what I was trained

I don't need to pray to the lord christ, I just need to free my mind. Not my fault if you need assault weapons or nukes to take out someone with a gun. I know so many versions of martial arts, no one wielding a gun would pose a threat. It's not hard. I'd probably hit the gun maniac in the face with my cell phone before he even had a chance to touch the trigger. Then I'd stomp on his face and go get some nachos.

Archived