The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows: Canucks never asked him to waive NTC

TheRussianRocket.

I dont think Canuck fans should be glued to any of the Canucks players ,minus H & D , its a rebuild time no matter how you look at it , BURROWS & ROOKIE for Evander Kane , Iam dreaming so what :) thats allowed . if Colorado can push their 18 yr old to kick butt :) then why cant the Canucks.

No one really Hates Burrows , We just want him traded for a new spark to our team, and the last time I looked the Canucks already have a heart and soul players H & D , Canucks need more than just the H & D factor , they need size , speed & youth , hang on Canuck fans this is gonna get bumpy,

I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to decide everything and speak of we vs the more appropriate "I" (you), but you've also got a bit of a double standard going in that the only one who can get attached or want to keep players (H & D) is you? How is that fair? So you've done the very thing you're telling us not to with Burrows with the Sedins?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, so I don't criticize you for having one...but to present it as we? There is no we in you.

I'll agree he is vilified more than anyone else who does it. However, it still doesn't justify it.

Burrows bit Bergeron in game 1, that was before Marchand low bridged and then punched Sedin (neither of which I agree with either) or things really began to go off the rails.

I don't agree with what Auger did either. Also, doing it out of "a sign of desperation" is no excuse for embellishment or diving.

I actually said I liked the way he played (except for his bad angled shots last year, in a desperate attempt for a goal), I just don't agree with a lot of the other things he does.

I don't agree with what Grabovski or anyone else who did something similar either.

Fair enough, I accept that.

There are a lot of logical reasons that can be laid out to trade Burrows at some point.

Having said that, could it be easier to root for a player and a person like Alex Burrows? Sure, he does some interesting crap on the ice that gets him hated. But he is just a genuine nice person. It shines through whenever he talks. And he remembers where he came from which is getting more rare all the time with NHL athletes.

Its hard not to want him to be have a monster bounce back season no matter what you think of his antics sometimes.

nicely put ws

You can win a cup without a Kesler on your team

Every team that's won the cup recently has had at least one high level two way center (e.g. 2011 Kesler) on their team: Kopitar, Toews, Bergeron, Datsyuk, Staal.

I'd bite too! Friggen Bruins deserved worse the way they played that series and the crap they got away with...and they, one of the cheapest, dirtiest teams in the league whine about it...you give you get, that's all he was doing....

Yeah, Bergeron sure dished out a lot of dirty plays. Also, that happened in game 1, that was before the Bruins started gooning it up.

Every team that's won the cup recently has had at least one high level two way center (e.g. 2011 Kesler) on their team: Kopitar, Toews, Bergeron, Datsyuk, Staal.

Yeah, Bergeron sure dished out a lot of dirty plays. Also, that happened in game 1, that was before the Bruins started gooning it up.

Those players are also not prima donna's - that was what i was referring to - heart...

Sorry but as much as people say Kesler had heart, his attitude shows post 2011 it was gone...heart isn't 'me first' its whatever this team needs and don't think i am above the team, don't pout, don't blame, instead, work hard and inspire.

I think if you look at those names you posted, there is not one player in that list you would say is a prima donna, or doesn't put the team first, and would play the 4th line if he had to if it meant a cup.

That is what Linden was, that is what Kesler was until post 2011...but not now...now he's all about me, and when that becomes the attitude, it becomes you, it becomes your play...

Those players are also not prima donna's - that was what i was referring to - heart...

Sorry but as much as people say Kesler had heart, his attitude shows post 2011 it was gone...heart isn't 'me first' its whatever this team needs and don't think i am above the team, don't pout, don't blame, instead, work hard and inspire.

I think if you look at those names you posted, there is not one player in that list you would say is a prima donna, or doesn't put the team first, and would play the 4th line if he had to if it meant a cup.

That is what Linden was, that is what Kesler was until post 2011...but not now...now he's all about me, and when that becomes the attitude, it becomes you, it becomes your play...

Should have been more specific.

33, 35, 37 points... And I'll be happy with that side of things.

I actually expect him to get 40. The numbers of a good checking 2knd line forward which is what will be asked of him IMO.

Burr is important! This is a guy who won a job in the NHL by showing everybody that he outcompetes anyone he is up against. Its typified by being willing to get in peoples faces and not back down. Even to a fault, not backing down and chirping after the whistle. But its jumping over the boards and flying in to attack and fore-check. No hesitancy or worry he'll make a bad play. His speed lets him cover for it anyway, as does his rapport with linemates who have no choice but do the same. He digs harder on the boards. Then still has the stamina to make plays with the puck when he eventually, and eventual is the word as his work rate usually wins and, gets the puck.

That stamina is what was missing with all his injuries last year. Gassed instead of effective because he never got his game legs. With an injury free off season, I'm sure he's dead set good to go!

Burr and his game style is something awesome / infectious to teach young players. The opposite of why Schroeder never made it, because he tried to play the safe game, and not make mistakes or be out of position. And ultimately never accomplished anything with all his speed and talent. I'll repeat, Burr is important!

I don't hate Burr...but I think his best days are behind him. I appreciate what he's done in the past, but that's all in the past. He's been on a three year slide falling off the cliff last season. I expect that he will be better this season than he was last season, but he isn't the same guy that slayed the dragon vs. the 'hawks, much like Kesler was no longer the beast that he was vs. the Preds.

My expectations out of Burr for this coming season is somewhere between where he was in 2012-2013 and how he played last season.

I say let the guy build up his value up to the trade deadline and if it so happens that the Canucks are sellers at that time, try to trade him to a contender for prospects and/or picks.

Sorry, but sentiment is for Hallmark cards...not the NHL (at least it is for me...if others feel differently, good on them for having the sentimental gene...mine got mutated out at birth).

Personally i don't think you have a clue about hockey after reading that

Archived