The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows: Canucks never asked him to waive NTC

TheRussianRocket.

Sick. He's going to rebound in a big way. There's not many agitators like Burr who can pot 20+ and kill penalties and play all over your lineup.

I hope the Burr that comes back this season is the yappy, irritating, chippy, finger-biting, hair pulling, hacking, whacking, in-your-face guy rather than the Burr who was trying to play a reformed and mature game.

We need Alex Burrows to be Alex Burrows...not someone trying to be a model citizen like he has been the past couple of years. Referees be d@mned...we want Burr to be the instigator instead of the punching bag that the refs have allowed him to become.

good if he doesn't produce we can ask him and he can say yes.

When was the last time he produced?

2011/12

He had 4 really good years, I hope this season will be #5.

Anything less than 25 goals would fall short of those "good" years.

Though, if he gets at least 20 I'll be happy.

This is what people get for listening to Botchford.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/361880-report-burrows-said-no-to-waiving-ntc/page-25?hl=%20burrows%20%20refuses%20%20to%20%20waive

25 pages of b.s. based on a (typical) liberty taken by a wannabe with no credibility who frequently speaks for people without qualifying his rumours with quotes or references. Ironically, he's not a valid/reputable source.

Ahhhh Botchford... say no more

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Burr never got traded bit isn't this the same thing Kesler said?

No, not really. Kesler said that he never asked to be traded. He put his own word (or lack of) on the line.

Burrows is saying that Benning did not ask him to waive. Burrows is reflecting his GM's word, or rather, the absence of on this issue.

He also dives, embellishes, bit a Bergeron's finger, and pulled Keith's hair. I like the way he plays, but some of other things he does hurt, not only his, but the team's reputation.

Every single team in the NHL has at least one agitator, some are not as agitating as burrows but believe it or not, quite a few are worse.

A side note, as much as I respect Bergeron and despise Keith, I didn't like what he did to Keith but I actually have no problem with what he did to Bergeron. If you stick your finger in someone's mouth, there might be consequences.

He also dives, embellishes, bit a Bergeron's finger, and pulled Keith's hair. I like the way he plays, but some of other things he does hurt, not only his, but the team's reputation.

OK, so that's like reading the last page of a book. You do know those things do happen as a result of guys pulling dirty crap themselves?...it isn't like he lashed out of nowhere. Dish it and you take it.

Reputation is bunk in this league. And when you're one of the top teams, which they were, you have others trying to knock you off that pedestal. Happens.

Careful, I bite too.

My expectations of him are a bit lower this year, seeing as he may spend most of his time on the 2nd or 3rd lines. I would be pleasantly shocked if he surpassed 20 goals. I'm hoping for 15-20 goals and roughly 40-45 points or so.

Every single team in the NHL has at least one agitator, some are not as agitating as burrows but believe it or not, quite a few are worse.

A side note, as much as I respect Bergeron and despise Keith, I didn't like what he did to Keith but I actually have no problem with what he did to Bergeron. If you stick your finger in someone's mouth, there might be consequences.

It's not even the agitating that really annoys me, it's the diving/embellishing. I hate it when any player does that.

It wasn't in his mouth, it was over his mouth, responding to Burrows trying to cover Bergeron's face with his glove. Burrows then opens up and takes it in, instead of just moving his face or moving Bergeron's hand.

OK, so that's like reading the last page of a book. You do know those things do happen as a result of guys pulling dirty crap themselves?...it isn't like he lashed out of nowhere. Dish it and you take it.

Uh huh, I don't remember the exact situation during the finger biting, but I don't think Bergeron was doing anything dirty. For Keith, Byfugelin punches Luongo, so everyone starts fighting. Burrows squares off with Keith and during the fight (while they're standing) grabs Keith's hair. Then he continues to try and pull it. Keith did not do anything dirty that play, it was Byfugelin who attacked Luongo.

Also, if you think that a dirty hit is the way to respond to a dirty hit, then Keith's elbow on Sedin was fine. Sedin hit him shoulder to the head so Keith elbowed him. Keith's hit was a lot worse, but if it's okay to respond to a dirty hit with a dirty hit, then it's fine.

It's not even the agitating that really annoys me, it's the diving/embellishing. I hate it when any player does that.

It wasn't in his mouth, it was over his mouth, responding to Burrows trying to cover Bergeron's face with his glove. Burrows then opens up and takes it in, instead of just moving his face or moving Bergeron's hand.

Uh huh, I don't remember the exact situation during the finger biting, but I don't think Bergeron was doing anything dirty. For Keith, Byfugelin punches Luongo, so everyone starts fighting. Burrows squares off with Keith and during the fight (while they're standing) grabs Keith's hair. Then he continues to try and pull it. Keith did not do anything dirty that play, it was Byfugelin who attacked Luongo.

Also, if you think that a dirty hit is the way to respond to a dirty hit, then Keith's elbow on Sedin was fine. Sedin hit him shoulder to the head so Keith elbowed him. Keith's hit was a lot worse, but if it's okay to respond to a dirty hit with a dirty hit, then it's fine.

Burr aint the first guy to pull hair or bite in the NHL but he is vilified more than anybody else that did it. Couple of years ago in a game against the Habs it was one of the Russians on the Leafs Grabs or Kully that bit on of the Habs. Every body down east including the media had a good laugh about it. If it was Burrows they would be screaming for a 50 gamer and the media would be slagging him for the next 3yrs. Ole Ronnie would have a field day.

Time to let things go? The Canucks acted like they were a desperate team well, because, they were a desperate team. It was a free for all and an anything goes in relation to what teams could do to them. How about Marchand/Daniel? How ABOUT what was happening with Lu? Nice to pick and choose, but that doesn't work unless you're short sighted. Big picture.

And embellishment was just that - a sign of desperation. Answer this: how many times has a ref taken a pre game skate with a player to tell him he's stalking him? It was all a gong show and sure, Burr did some stuff (too).

Let's see if you're in here when he's scoring short handed GWG's. You don't have to like him, there ares plenty of other people who do and it's a drop in the bucket really.

Here, perhaps instead of hating on Burr like he's the only man on Earth, do some reading to see it happens:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/11/3975518/mikhael-grabovski-biting-incident-nhl-history

Vrbata is the kind of guy that gets his points/goals with whoever he plays with. Not sure he's going to have a career year with the Sedins, IMO he'll just be 25-30 goals and 50 pts anyways.

I think i'd like to see Burrows back with the Sedins (if they can rekindle that chemistry of course) and Vrbata with Bonino and put Vrabata with the Sedins on the 1PP.

Archived