The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't call Mike Tyson a convicted rapist on live TV

Gross-Misconduct

Anyone who rapes is a p*ece of S*it

However, he still maintains that it was consensual, so there is some grey area there. We've seen these kind of accusations against celebrities before, and they're not always 100% accurate.

Either way, that was a long time ago and it's pointless to bring it up now other than to make him mad. He served his time and is there as a guest. Goofball move by the reporter.

Downer is lucky he didn't get beat down for such a stupid move -- he would have deserved it.

If you look at Alex Choko's face, he's looking at Downer like "what an idiot".

Congrats to Downer though, at least people outside of Canada now know who he is for a couple days.

Mike Tyson is the man! Innocent even after being proven guilty!

Who says he's innocent? It's not about being innocent.

It's about not being a douche to the guy while interviewing him, because it's not a mea culpa interview for all his past transgressions. It's not like press day and grilling the US President on his policies.

Downer wanted to be an idiot, and he nearly got his ass beat. And I would have applauded it.

If people want that badly to see Tyson raked over the coals about his past transgressions, I'd suggest the Roast of Charlie Sheen.

Calling a professional fighter a convicted rapist after he's proclaimed his innocence for more than 20 years is just plain stupid. I don't know if he's guilty or not, but the whole thing sounded fishy from the get go. There has always been doubt surrounding the accusation and conviction.

The dude interviewing him deserved to get punched in the teeth in my humble opinion. He's lucky this wasn't the 20 year old Mike Tyson.

If he didn't want to be called a convicted rapist he should have thought of that before doing the crime.

I think its the interviewers mistake to call someone like tyson a convicted rapist. You have a guy like that in front of your face and you call him that?

No one can side with Mike on his charges and ill manner when he was younger, while the rape victim is suspect and not allowing 3 defense witnesses to testify I would call the conviction in to question. I watched his stand up show and was impressed on how far he has come along since his wreckless days.

For Mike Tyson to agree to do a show and then get blind sided by some wh-anchor....wow. So all you goodies trying to act all righteous...Im betting your closets are just as full.

Calling a professional fighter a convicted rapist after he's proclaimed his innocence for more than 20 years is just plain stupid. I don't know if he's guilty or not, but the whole thing sounded fishy from the get go. There has always been doubt surrounding the accusation and conviction.

The dude interviewing him deserved to get punched in the teeth in my humble opinion. He's lucky this wasn't the 20 year old Mike Tyson.

Yeah, that Mike Tyson would've knocked the guy out with one punch, then would've preceded to biting his ears.

Besides Don King who was convicted of manslaughter, Craig McTavish, player for the Edmonton Oilers, coach, and now GM of Edmonton Oilers, was convicted of manslaughter for running over a young woman while drunk.

You never hear of an interviewer say, "As a convicted murderer.....", when interviewing Craig McTavish.

Besides Don King who was convicted of manslaughter, Craig McTavish, player for the Edmonton Oilers, coach, and now GM of Edmonton Oilers, was convicted of manslaughter for running over a young woman while drunk.

You never hear of an interviewer say, "As a convicted murderer.....", when interviewing Craig McTavish.

+1

They aren't convicted murderers though. You even state that yourself.

They aren't convicted murderers though. You even state that yourself.

True, by legal definition -- murderer and manslaughterer in the English language are synonymous with one another.. since they both killing another person.

Still, I'm fairly sure you're smart enough to get his point.

Archived