The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Upset pre-season stuffs.

The Listening

I wish Luongo played the Winter Classic. It would have defined his time in Vancouver, honestly. He gave up sweat and tears FOR this team, and he never got any thing back. Luongo was the best thing to happen to this hockey club, and I feel he left way too soon. This was his city, yet, he never knew because of how the fans treated him and how the media treated him and how even his management treated him.

He brought us to the Finals in 2011, won the GOLD MEDAL here IN Vancouver, and I feel that the Winter Classic should have been part of that story. Torts made it sound like he wanted Luongo to be here in the beginning of the season, what happened? He re-assured Luongo about his position and what his role was on the team.

He gave up sweat and tears FOR this team, and he never got any thing back.

Um...tens of millions of dollars....

I feel he left way too soon.

He would have been gone this summer anyway.

This was the summer he could ask for a trade per his ntc. If the club failed to move him by start of season his ntc would be in effect for the balance of the deal. If he didn't ask to be traded in two years the ntc ran out and the club could trade him anywhere they wanted at that time. It would have been in his best interest to demand a trade this summer rather than lose that control in two years.

I wish Luongo played the Winter Classic. It would have defined his time in Vancouver, honestly. He gave up sweat and tears FOR this team, and he never got any thing back. Luongo was the best thing to happen to this hockey club, and I feel he left way too soon. This was his city, yet, he never knew because of how the fans treated him and how the media treated him and how even his management treated him.

He brought us to the Finals in 2011, won the GOLD MEDAL here IN Vancouver, and I feel that the Winter Classic should have been part of that story. Torts made it sound like he wanted Luongo to be here in the beginning of the season, what happened? He re-assured Luongo about his position and what his role was on the team.

What part of.... 'he asked for a trade'... is hard to understand....

I think that's moronic. It's one game out of 82.

WHO CARES ???

Not every day can a player participate in a special event like the Heritage/Winter Classic. Luongo was probably pretty pumped that he would get a chance to play in the Heritage Classic at home but when that didn't happen, that was the final straw.

Not every day can a player participate in a special event like the Heritage/Winter Classic. Luongo was probably pretty pumped that he would get a chance to play in the Heritage Classic at home but when that didn't happen, that was the final straw.

Yeah, and there are two goalies on each team who share the duties. No one deserves a start because it would be cool to play in a outdoor hockey game. WTF is wrong with people these days? Honestly, I'm sick of people that think Luongo is bigger than the team. These people have no clue what sports are about. They should look into track and field or some individual sports since they don't get it.

Lou was playing like crap at the time, the season was lost already, Torts went with Lack. End of story.

I guess Lack hated that opportunity because he didn't want to play at all?

Archived