The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS Edmonton Oilers : October 11th

MattJVD

Keys to beating the Oilers:

Win some FOs!

Stay out of the penalty box.

Go hard on the fore-check.

If the Canucks can manage the above, they should be able to slaughter the Oilers.

Keep the puck in their end and they will turn into headless chickens.

I predict that the SSV line will eat them alive.

DrummerBoy

it's a hockey forum, not a spelling contest or English lesson, lighten Up

Go Canucks Go

The guy is a cancer. He makes thread after thread just to troll. His spelling 'mistakes' are part of them. Good conversation needs atleast half assed good grammar.

Saying 'it's because he is Swedish. That's why I cant spell' is a jackass thing to say.

Anyway. Go canucks go!

POST-PRACTICE | Bonino 10.10.14
Nick Bonino prepares to make his home ice debut for the Canucks when they face the Oilers on Saturday.

POST-PRACTICE | Vrbata 10.10.14
Radim Vrbata discusses practicing shootouts the day before the Canucks home opener against the Edmonton Oilers.

POST-PRACTICE | Miller 10.10.14
Ryan Miller talks about preparing to make his home ice debut this weekend when the Canucks face the Oilers Saturday night at Rogers Arena.

wow 3 posts in 3 minutes linking to the same Canucks homepage...

Completely agree. Prairie team lover "Mono-tone" Mark Lee could be the worst announcer in hockey.

You forgot Steigerwald.

Sestito Playing d. The new Andrew AHLberts

Alberts was a solid depth D with a low cap hit who helped the team.

Sestito is a solid depth forward with a low cap hit who helps the team and can provide muscle when necessary.

And by all accounts they are both good teammates.

Why dump on them?

"I thought he looked pretty good this morning. We'll see how it goes today." - Desjardins on Tanev

"The thing that counts the most is getting the two points. We need to be focused and ready to play." - Desjardins on tonight

"Every team is so hungry on the road. You have more pressure at home. But that's where you have to find a way to win." - Desjardins

"They've got lots of talent. They've made some good changes in the off-season." - Desjardins on Oilers

"Couple of years ago, he had, I think, 15 even strength goals. I don't think he's found his stride." - Desjardins on Hansen

"When I saw it up close it caught me off guard a bit. It's good to be able to see things from their point of view." - Desjardins on ref cams

Edmonton is gunna come out guns a blazing after being torched by the Flames in their home opener, they will be hungry to play spoiler tonight.

Gotta match the young blood's intensity and skill because they dominated us in the preseason with puck possession, and we were lucky to have a few lucky bounces

The defense needs to be better tonight, and the team play a simple game. Its easy to want to impress and put on a show for the home town to see but honestly I'm just concerned with getting a win rather than an entertaining show. Keep it simple, play hard and impress the home crowd with a win tonight

3-1 Win for us

D.Sedin

Edler

Higgins

Eberle

Alberts was a solid depth D with a low cap hit who helped the team.

Sestito is a solid depth forward with a low cap hit who helps the team and can provide muscle when necessary.

And by all accounts they are both good teammates.

Why dump on them?

Especially Alberts, not his fault he was concussed.

Archived