The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avs 7, Nucks 3

TheRussianRocket.

Going to focus on the positives as this is the type of season where that will be a necessity, I believe.

Edler looked good, despite the misgivings of many (including myself at times), hopefully he can keep this play up because the team will certainly need a high compete level from him during this transition year. Kassian seems to be coming along in his development, despite some of the usual problems that tend to plague his game.

Also nice to see the Canucks snap an early one in the first 10 seconds of the game.

Rather be in our shoes than StLoo's..Imagine:

-Up & down so far, becoming yet another team tired of Hitch's droning voice.

-Traded a bunch of goods for a 'tender that underperformed(couldn't adjust quickly), then stoned them yesterday.

-Signed the brittle Stastny, an overpriced UFA(who likely cashed in on Col teammates)

-No 2015 1st.

-Questionable gt duo. They had guys like Halak & Bishop.

There are lessons from other supposed 'contenders' we should take note of. We'll just have to be patient, & enjoy the inconsistent, yet eventual progress, & gradual implementation of youth.

That is bizarre isnt it? Proves that on any given night ............

Exactly, over the course of the season the crem will rise to the top.

I know listing the teams better then us is redundant but it gets more worrisome as the season takes shape.

Ana, La, Sj, Chi, Min, Stl, Dal, and the predicted battle between the Avs and nucks for 8th. One team that is flying under the radar is Nash. If they continue their play we are in pretty big trouble. Nucks, Phx, Avs, are in that to good to tank and not good enough to make the playoffs tier. A few injuries to one of those big 8 teams and we could be in the playoffs.

My point is, we need to win these games against these teams we match up well with, cause stealing points from what makes up the top +50% of the west will be a tall order.

If you think we will get better as the season goes on when chemistry develops you are probably right. Although the same will happen to Dallas, Nash, Ana,

I'd rather get killed early on in the year than later.

Facing the high flying offense is a killer to our club. Duchene took over tonight.

Colorado wasn't going to suck forever though, as there is just too much skill on that team. It just sucks that Canucks had to be the team they break out against.

At least I have Varlamov in my pool..... :(

Defense just hasn't been good enough so far against these types of teams. I'm sure Willie will deal with the issue.

So far is this season any surprise? No marked improvement from last year so wait till next season. 44 and counting.

Seriously? 7 games in and you know we aren't an improvement from last year? I think we have improved in a lot of areas except defence, which has cost us two or maybe all our games. We have shown that we can score, but we can't keep the puck out of our net. 17 GA in our last three losses isn't going to get it done. And our F/O's have been a complete disaster.

We're still 4-3...

I don't know how much more people expected frm this goup but I don't expect much more. I also don't like the 'way' we lost vs Dallas/Tampa and Col but we did show great bounce back vs StL....lets see how the boys bounce back against another tough test in Washington, who also has size and speed..

Mixed team, vets, youth developing/learning, some players playing outside their real roles (Higgins and arguably Burr), so a mixed bag is going to have mixed results...

As long as they work hard every night I'll cheer for them...issue tonight is they seemed to have packed it in..but vs Dallas and Tampa they fought to the end...

Like to see Jensen/Horvat and Corrado being called up to add some speed into the mix...

Archived