The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Capitals @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I didn't like how we were not getting puck out of our zone occasionally, few little plays here and there that could've been better. Thought our 4th line was solid all night, can't blame them for the goals against that had poor d choices/coverage (maybe could for the 2nd goal).

D was much better. Vey had a very good night but wasn't rewarded. Bring the momentum into next game! :towel:

of course just pointing out the fact the team is starting exactly how it did last year

still tough to judge considering the tired teams they have played and the alberta teams

Just think if we would have won the two of the games against the oilers, not had the 3rd period collapse against the islanders, and scored at least one goal against phx canucks would have made the post season. Yikes....all that in spike of losing the majority of our key players for significant amounts of time and a coach that lost his marbles.. i'll take virtanen as a consolation prize

i was talking in a general sense.. there will be outliers over the course of a season. They could just be growing pains of getting used to a new defensive system under a new coach? hopefully anyways

I agree with you...IMO all of these problems they are having with their defensive coverage is getting a handle on a new system. The team played tight tonight, so it's in them not to give time and space to the opposing players. The forwards did a way better job without the puck in the neutral zone tonight, limiting the speed that the Cap forwards entered the zone. IMO, with Willie's system, that's the key to good team defence. Transition game is so much better this season. I see growing pains until we hit the 20 game mark. Then things should become more instinctive for the team.

Richardson was brutal offensively tonight. I know it's not his game, but damn. Felt like every time that line had something going it would die on his stick.

Really liking that Fourth line despite the goal against. Vey, Dorsett and Hansen really have some great tenacity and speed that exploits plus surprises some lines.

I know they need to work better defensively but they looked good in spurts. They could be a really good energy line for us.

First line as always showing good offensive flashes, that second line is starting to build on some good chemistry, third line really needs work, as the fourth line is looking better and better.

If I were Richardson or Matthias or even both should be concerned when Horvat comes up from his stint with Utica.

Archived