The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

-Vintage Canuck-

We were spoiled by Lu's cap hit of 5.33. If that ridiculous contract was never signed, Luongo would be a 6M cap hit, guaranteed. That's the norm for elite goaltenders.

It’s cause Luo got a 10,000 year contract. Love watching the Canucks these days rolling 4 lines and having the bottom 6 step up.

I thought prairie boy Mark Lee was bad but Dave Randork and Garry galley are awful. Doesn't Stombo have a fashion show to attend?

I was trying to think of what to say about Stombo but this comment nails it. It could be my imagination but I get the feeling that the other guys on the panel are looking at him and saying the same thing I am, which is: "what is this guy doing on a hockey broadcast?"

Elliot Friedman tries to help him out but mainly succeeds in being condescending, regularly making comments of the form: "and like George says, ice really is cold".

But maybe I am being too negative. I guess we should give the guy a chance.

I dont even know if it's off-side to say this,.. but when I observe WD, I cant help but think his fidgetiness looks similar to the way Michael J. Fox presented early. So, could it be early signs of Parkinson's disease....or perhaps Tourette's syndrome? Not that it really matters, but an announcement of such could be inspirational to those who also preesent, in this way. Role-models are great to have and then we'd all stop noticin' & talkin' 'bout it..& move on. Education & understanding is the key. Just wonderin'is all.

Yah, I noticed that too ... it's a bit of a body sway side to side. Hope he's alright.

Oilers game plan for a tied game in the 3rd.. step 1. lose all chemistry with your teammates and skate around like its friday night drop in. step 2 get as little shots as possible, and when you are faced with a dreaded grade A scoring chance dont hit the net at all. step 3 have our goalie give the game away when we are on the PP...

I think our dominance in the 3rd had to do more with our guys playing significantly better than the Oilers falling off a cliff.

Best/worst part of the commentary was when (Millen?) said that Ference's head fit was accidental, not like Burrows'.

Burr hit a guy who had stumbled, and lowered his head at the last second. Ference lined up Kass and jumped into his head, which hadn't changed position.

That whole spiel was flat-out retarded.

Tom Sestito, Linden Vey and Derek Dorsett played a great game. That is what you need from the "4th" line. Play responsibly, be a spark and chip in once in a while.

Was impressed with Sestito, when he is focused and has a role besides being a pugilist he can be effective grinder, he had several big hits and created good forecheck. If he keeps it up he will make it hard for the coaching staff and management up above to not keep in on the lineup and team. Always a bigger upside to have a big player who can chip in all areas.

Derek Dorsett was very good tonight. People questioning whether he was worth a third round pick, well he pretty much showed last night that he is worth it and will lay it out on the ice every single night. you can see the fire in his eyes that he wants to win bad and will do just about anything. He was very good on the PK as well, some people criticized WD for using him on the PK over other guys, but he brings it on every shift and is smart. Hope we resign him in the offseason.

Vey as always showing his speed and skill, starting to get a good glimpse of what he could be like if he puts it all together on a nightly basis.

The first 3 games of the season were the showcasing of the new improved 1st line to kick things off. Versus the Blues and Washington our 2nd line ignited and got them going. Montreal and Carolina our third line finally awoke from a deep sleep and now our fourth line tonight shows their worth.

We are firing on all cylinders and we still haven't quite shown our best yet. Look out NHL this team isn't at 100% and we are still pushing through. We ain't jokers this time around, we for realz

Have to agree. In his interview after the game he was smirking with saying "I thought it was clean hit" and "I was surprised to get a penalty" My call on the suspension is:

2 games for a hit to the head

+ 2 more games as a repeat offender

-1 game as Kassian was not hurt

+ 7 games for smirking and lying in his post-game interview

= 10 games total.

But if NHL player safety guys missed the interview it will probably only be 3 games.

Probably 3 games

-1 for embellishment by Kassian

-1 for hitting a Canuck

= 1 game

+5 games for premeditated tripping and excessive celebrating while serving a penalty.. resulting in a 4 game suspension to Zack Kassian

*Refer to equation down below, on how the 4 games was reached.

[1 game Edm suspension = -1 game Canucks

Add 5 to -1 resulting in 4 games.]

B)

Why didn't Sestito play more? I didn't watch the game but the stat sheet looks good (I know they don't tell the whole tale)

6 hits in around 6 minutes of play plus an assist is pretty decent

Of course not knowing what WD was thinking we can only speculate, so what follows could be wrong.

My take was that Sestito was chasing guys a little to make his hits and at one point almost took a charging penalty. Perhaps his 10 games in the press box made him a little over-anxious.

Much as people speak of WD's tolerance for mistakes, undisciplined play is an exception.

It was unfortunate, because he was otherwise playing an effective game and showing why people have been saying he's capable of playing.

The dirty, worthless piece of trash Andrew Ference better get 3+ games for his joke of a hit on Kassian. ****ing puss didn't even have the nuts to fight him afterward, what a tough guy eh?

He has 2 prior suspensions as well, so he better not get less than Burrows who had 0.

If they make another joke of a call like the Niedereitter on Burrows one just cause they dislike the guy getting the hit, I'm going to be ****ing livid.

Archived