The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Trade Proposals with NMCs & NTCs

I truly wish that people who make trade proposals involving players with NMCs &/or NTCs would explain their reasoning.

The Canucks have 6 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goalie with these clauses in their contracts.

Why would these players waive those clauses in their contracts that they tried so hard to get in the first place?

I'm not suggesting that it never happens, but you can't just ignore it, and assume that they will waive.

Many of the trade proposal threads on this MB fail to take this into account.

There's new management & times have changed since those guys got their NTC/NMC's. There's a new vision, new structure, new everything and we aren't a powerhouse like we once were. Players understand and will be okay to move. It just gives them power to be okay with where they want to go so it's not like they get flipped to Buffalo and are in shock.

Case in point Garrison. Hometown kid, signed not too long ago, team sucks, new management, new vision, ask him to leave and he left.

There's new management & times have changed since those guys got their NTC/NMC's. There's a new vision, new structure, new everything and we aren't a powerhouse like we once were. Players understand and will be okay to move. It just gives them power to be okay with where they want to go so it's not like they get flipped to Buffalo and are in shock.

Case in point Garrison. Hometown kid, signed not too long ago, team sucks, new management, new vision, ask him to leave and he left.

This pretty much.

For every Garrison who reportedly did not fuss about waiving, there is a Kesler or Iginla who will make trades difficult.

I'm just suggesting that those posting trade proposals explain why they that feel a particular player will waive his NMC or NTC.

Whether you agree with the clauses or not, they cannot realistically be ignored when proposing a trade.

You'd be much better trying to source out why Prospect A on another team with 0 or less than 100 full NHL games under his belt is worth A 1st a roster player and a prospect based on their "potential"

Yet any and all of our prospects need to be included in the most basic deals to even get a John Scott...

I think the biggest thing to mention is which kind of NTC they have. If they have a clause that allows them to pick 5 teams they'll accept a trade to, it's unlikely they accept to a bottom-feeder like Edmonton, Buffalo, or Carolina. I know that a full NTC would also make it unlikely, but you never know.

hamhuis as good as he is defensively has no offense and looks horrible out there this yr hes someone we shoukd trade to a contender

hamhuis and hansen would get us a young puckmoving stud like pulock or bowey and some draft picks this team needs more speed and youth hamhuis looks like a senior citizen on skate out there no leg movement tanev is a stud tho

hamhuis as good as he is defensively has no offense and looks horrible out there this yr hes someone we shoukd trade to a contender

hamhuis and hansen would get us a young puckmoving stud like pulock or bowey and some draft picks this team needs more speed and youth hamhuis looks like a senior citizen on skate out there no leg movement tanev is a stud tho

Hamhuis, our best and most consistent d man? That one who made team Canada? Ya I wouldn't trade him.

Archived