The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet Power Rankings - Canucks ranked #1

DonaldBrashear

Well deserved. Let's keep it up. From what I've seen the sedins have been better than ever. They're seem a lot stronger and smarter than even when they won back to back MVPs.

Edler has been phenomenal, and everyone is contributing. I expect this to keep UP and hover top 5 all year. The Canucks ARE ELITE. Everyone that doesn't think so, we'll open your eyes. Canucks > the universe

I love my Canucks, but elite? Not yet! They are not the best of the best - yet. They will be in time.

Be excited for the positive changes that are occuring, and certainly show support for your team but don't let YOUR

expectations run away with you. Its still too early in the season to be anything more than surprised, hopefull,

and thankfull for seeing a NEW beginning that is the first step toward ELITE status.

We're first in the league and have dethroned the best of the best. We've done it in the past and will continue to do so. A bad lockout shortened season and a crazy season under some Bostonian nutjob doesn't take away this teams elite status. All I'm saying is that we're still elite and from what I've seen, this is the best the sedins have played. I haven't missed a game in years...

Good positivity bud. However, our 1 playoff game win in 3 seasons suggests our Canucks team may not be so elite.

My concern is winning games by one goal and trouble scoring, when we grow cold. We also have a top ten meltdown last year by tsn their way of mocking us

Actually it's the opposite that's happening. We're winning close games. We've come from behind to win a game. We've had games were Miller stole it. We've had games where secondary scoring is why we won. We are finding different ways to win. That does tons for a teams confidence. Am I happy? Yes. But let's see where we stand at game 28, or even 42. I said at the start of the season I think we're going to be competitive, and I think the games will be close. We're just on the good side of those close games. I think what's really funny is the guys are blocking shots, not because the coach told them to do it. They do it because they want to do that little bit extra to win. Coach WD is a total breath of fresh air. I think he's like Quinn in some ways. He gets the guys to have fun, and work as a team and he backs them up. That's the kind of coach, players will go through a brick wall for.

Guest Cuporbust2

We're first in the league and have dethroned the best of the best. We've done it in the past and will continue to do so. A bad lockout shortened season and a crazy season under some Bostonian nutjob doesn't take away this teams elite status. All I'm saying is that we're still elite and from what I've seen, this is the best the sedins have played. I haven't missed a game in years...

Ya dethroned the best .......once. And without CP In their lineup.I realize we were missin vrbata and cass, but even so, we beat them once. That's good , but it's guna take allot more than that for me to say elite. Optimistic but very cautious

what the hell is happening ????? this is bizarre !! we were supposed to suck and pick early in a deep draft !!!

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE FUN THAT THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill take every win .. Ill take every high ranking .. go canucks go !!!!

Who said we were going to suck? I sure didn't and I went through the thread right now that I predicted well finish 2md I'm Pacific with 15% chance of 1st and many people agreed. There was obviously some doubters but more people agreed we'll do well.

They're stronger physically, smarter mentally and more experienced than ever. They're defensive play is even better. Welcome to the Canucks show staring the Sedins. Sit back and enjoy, the hockey God's are blessing us all.

Also side show of the Alex edler show and a nice serving of MILLERTIME

Hahahahahahahahaha

You should just give your money directly to the Aquilinis. They love your type of fan boy mentality.

Its a long season, look at where we were last december 30th. There are positives for sure, but elite etc... not even close. We could be last years avalanche.

Well deserved. Let's keep it up. From what I've seen the sedins have been better than ever. They're seem a lot stronger and smarter than even when they won back to back MVPs.

Edler has been phenomenal, and everyone is contributing. I expect this to keep UP and hover top 5 all year. The Canucks ARE ELITE. Everyone that doesn't think so, we'll open your eyes. Canucks > the universe

Lmao.

Don't be too upset when we finish anywhere between 6-10. No way we finish top 5 in the league... what the frack?

I know I'm coming off arrogant by saying that but it's insane.... That a fan base can't see what's in front of their eyes. I haven't missed a single game in the past 5 years. The sedins are stronger and better overall players than they have ever been. They got into the best shape of their lives and their competing hard every shift. People just base things off points and because they haven't lit up a terrible Calgary or Edmonton team with 4 or 5 point games. Newsflash: even the Oilers and flames have really solid teams this year. They are winning games and leading the team in what is arguably the toughest division they could be in. (yes I know central is amazing too but compared to the old Northwest of flames wild avs and Oilers this is 10x more competitive)

1. Cool. Same goes for like half of us.

2. No. They were at their best in 2011, defensively and offensively. No question. No argument can be made here. You'd take present Sedins over 2011 Sedins? If your answer is yes, then youre just kinda silly.

3. Uh, well, beating the Oilers 3 times this season has surely helped. Did you see us get absolutely destroyed/outplayed against COL/DAL/LA?

If you actually look at the GA/60 of our bottom 6 w/o Tanev on the ice,you'll cringe. We're not as good as you think.

You should just give your money directly to the Aquilinis. They love your type of fan boy mentality.

Its a long season, look at where we were last december 30th. There are positives for sure, but elite etc... not even close. We could be last years avalanche.

You're one of the worst judges of talent on here. What I'm trying to say is that you're bad at watching hockey.

I recommend you actually pay attention when u watch moving forward. Also put aside all the hatred you have in your life and just watch the game. Go back to hating on edler n lui... Actually keep hating on our team. It's working wonders.

Who can we get with those skills at the cap space we have left?

Also, this bounce back has a lot to do with so many players on this team having something to prove. Sedin's, Burrows, Edler, Miller, Sbisa, Vey, Bonino, Kassian and Bieksa are either trying to show that last year was an aberration or are trying to establish themselves in this league. There seems to be a hardworking vibe about this team.

We can't at the moment, so I am happy watching how this team is playing and it's playing well. I was just illustrating a point. That if the time comes where we can get the team a puck mover WHO CAN SKATE, then they will get back to where they were before the last cup run. Not"can we get one now?" I wish!!! Lol

Greatest Poster on CDC!!!! Apollo your posts always make me smile :)

You may not be living completely in reality but I really like how you see things! :lol:

I like being positive too, but you are literally the biggest homer ever. Cool down a bit eh?

Nothing wrong with someone being a little optimistic. If you want to call out a post why don't you try one of the thousand pessimistic ones and leave the believers alone. Just saying buddy..

We are playing incredibly well as a whole team. I think its a little early to call them "Elite", but they are a fun team to watch and you can tell that they are having fun again out there, it shows in there on ice performance.

Was really nice to see that they could go a couple of games without Vrbata, Sbisa, Dorsett and Kassian and really, not miss a beat.

The performance the other night against Ottawa, they dominated them for large parts of the game. The only reason the game was close was because Anderson should have been 1st, 2nd and 3rd stars for the night!

Really hope this can keep up! I look WD's approach to ice time. It should keep everyone fresh for January and hopefully minimize injuries.

I don't think this is a team that can make it past Los Angeles or Anaheim in a best of 7 (Being Realistic), but a lot can change between now and May on the Canucks and on the teams that we will be facing to get out of the conference. Los Angeles is really hard up against the cap, and running less players on roster to compensate might have negative health effects on their overall roster as they move into playoffs.

So far, really fun season!

LOLLLLLLLLL no, the canucks are better than those teams you mentioned if both teams are healthy.

The canucks are elite. Call me a homer If you like but you don't win 2 president trophies, maintain your core roster who are all under 35 and somehow fall off the face of the earth.

Can you name an art Ross winner that suddenly fell off the face of the earth before reaching 37? No. It's impossible. You don't win scoring championships and suddenly choke when you hit 34.

European players that are this elite, do not just fall off a cliff. They are physically STRONGER than ever. If you open your eyes you can easily see them fight off checks in the offensive and defensive zone. They're passing has been beyond accurate. This team is elite and the sedins are at their all time best. They might not score as much as that year, but they are more effective.

Your homerism is off the Richter scale. Tampa with a healthy Hedman are better than us. Chicago, Kings and San Jose will beat us in a playoff series unless we get another top 4 D who can move the puck.

Currently we are on a par with the Blues and the Preds, I still think the Blues beat us in a 7 game series by wearing us down.

Love the Canucks but be a bit more realistic.

Your homerism is off the Richter scale. Tampa with a healthy Hedman are better than us. Chicago, Kings and San Jose will beat us in a playoff series unless we get another top 4 D who can move the puck.

Currently we are on a par with the Blues and the Preds, I still think the Blues beat us in a 7 game series by wearing us down.

Love the Canucks but be a bit more realistic.

Agreed with everything you said, our Cali trip is being crazily overrated. Although I believe we take the Blues in a 7 game series.

We got severely outplayed by San Jose..lucked out with a win. Milliseconds away from overtime don't forget that. Then we let that performance bleed over to the next game. We played great against Anaheim, they didn't have Perry but we were missing players also. That's the only win I truly accept from that trip, and it is a big one!

We need a top 4 D like you said but we also need another goal scoring winger, and/or fix our faceoff issues. We've been better as of late, but not good enough. Only ace we have is Horvat and he's on the 4th line. Need someone like a Vermette.

Archived