The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Capitals

-Vintage Canuck-

I cringe every time WD has the Twins on the ice in a d-zone situation. The safe 'off the boards and out' is not in their playbook. Turning the puck like Danny did on the 3rd goal not such a deal during the regular season but a killer in playoffs.

Once again the 4th line shone almost every shift. PP was excellent as Danny made up for the TO earlier.

Both Henrik and Daniel were pissed from hanks turnover that lead to the goal, thats why when Daniel put that lazer in he had no celebration and same with Henrik cause they felt they needed to make up for the gaf earlier. Nice to see that they did.

Same thing happened with Maithas, he felt he needed to make for the gaf so he played a great game after he made it.

You have to give the Caps credit though, they were fore checking us hard all game and getting out of our zone was never easy all game.

Man, how good was that?

I am loving every minute of watching the Canucks just now. Some of the fast interplay and short passing at speed was out of this world.

I really could not care about the occasional mistake from anyone, I have not seen a Canucks team play this well for years.

If I could have one christmas gift for the Canucks it would be for JB to somehow acquire a Pronger type D for our back line.

cody got the puck at the redline and was going 2x as fast as daniel who received the puck just inside the blue line.... cody was comming down the right wing , daniel down the left.. cody went short side ,daniel went far side, cody had a defender in his hip pocket baring down on him when he shot, daniel had more time and space....cody shot damn near in stride and daniel wasn't moving his feet at all... all im saying is if they were playing HORSE , daniel would have an H.

All you've left out was what they had for their prematch meal. :bigblush:

I missed this game, welcomed a new son into the world last week and havent been able to watch any hockey, heard it was a great game though and Daniel put on a show! Good win for the Nucks, next test is Crosby and Co, hoping to catch that one.

I'm happy with the win, don't get why again people are complaining about the refs... Yea they missed a couple but they also let the canucks get away with a lot as well... And considering we had 4 power plays to thier 1... And don't get why you guys are all praising miller he has been pretty average all season, and yes I like miller but he isn't the reason why we're winning games it's because of our offense and if you want to argue that then just look at the stats...

haha, exactly. I wish the "conspiracy nuts" would get warnings for their lame comments about the games being fixed. It's embarrassing

Excuse me, but "who" fought for and dug the puck out from the boards and made a perfect pass to Dorsett for the first goal? I think Bo is doing just fine, thank you.

Bo is great and is going to be a great player for this team for many years, but he did not dig that puck out. He was standing there and the puck squirted out right to him. He did, however, make an outstanding play after that on the pass to Dorsett

everyone keeps saying that (including the 2 johns seconds after the goal) but other than it being a slap shot bar down they are nothing alike..

:picard:

1) on the PP

2) coming down alone along the wall

3) vs Eastern Conference team

4) on the road

5) GWG in a 4-3 game

Thank You.

Why do people have to be sensitive because it was Cody last time?

We see a play like that maybe once a year?

Once or twice every 20 years for a player on your own team. I remember Reggie Leach did it a cpl times for the Flyers when I was growing up. Guy Lafleur. You remember it!

It gets your juices goin!

I've seen some weird calls made by Gary's referee's this year against the Canucks, but can anyone explain the diving call against Dorsett in the 3rd? That's gotta be the worst call I've seen yet!

I thought this call was the most telling of all.

One of the refs (Hebert) was calling what he saw infront of him,... while the other (O'Halloran) was just letting things go & clearly biased or game-managing. The guy calling-off Dorsett's 1st goal on the ice without cause,...was O'Halloran. When Hebert called interference,... OHalloran raced-over for a convo & after their discussion, Doresett's diving penalty was added. There's NO need for the indepth discussion,.. if Hebert was inclined to call interference/dive off the bat. Mr. O'Halloran raced-in to suggest a fix that fit his 'game management' strategy...which delighted the home-crowd. When WASH subsequently scores 4 on 4. Danny was insensed!

Daniel & his team have been unjustly mistreated on-the-ice by O'Halloran's game management numerous times,..most infamously during the Boston series... & later when O'Halloran left Keith in the game after threats & that horrible suspension-worthy elbow that concussed Daniel & drove his teammates to distraction. The result was a loss in that game....& an early play-off exit for the Canucks with Daniel-out & returned to his team a game or 2 - too late.

Daniel seemed uber-determined to score & win, last night.... especially after O'Halloran's picks along the boards & now a costly "diving' call to Dorset,.. put a certain level of aggression into his slap-shot that we havent witnessed in awhile. The symbolic-bird to Dodgey-Dan was delivered! It could be seen in Daniel's countenance at the bench. He wasn't overly excited about scoring. He was still pissed & more determined than ever to get the W.

Epic answer-back,... high-road all the way...love the Sedins!

I've been saying it all year and I'll say it again. The sedins are peaking at 34 years old.

They're playing a more complete game than even when they won mvps and scoring championships.

I know they didn't look good on that laich goal. Btw that goal was sensational... Through the legs, roof daddy, what a beauty. Too bad it was against us but at least we won!

I missed this game, welcomed a new son into the world last week and havent been able to watch any hockey, heard it was a great game though and Daniel put on a show! Good win for the Nucks, next test is Crosby and Co, hoping to catch that one.

Congratulations!

One of the refs (Hebert) was calling what he saw infront of him,... while the other (O'Halloran) was just letting things go & clearly biased or game-managing. The guy calling-off Dorsett's 1st goal on the ice without cause,...was O'Halloran. When Hebert called interference,... OHalloran raced-over for a convo & after their discussion, Doresett's diving penalty was added. There's NO need for the indepth discussion,.. if Hebert was inclined to call interference/dive off the bat. Mr. O'Halloran raced-in to suggest a fix that fit his 'game management' strategy...which delighted the home-crowd. When WASH subsequently scores 4 on 4. Danny was insensed!

Daniel & his team have been unjustly mistreated on-the-ice by O'Halloran's game management numerous times,..most infamously during the Boston series... & later when O'Halloran left Keith in the game after threats & that horrible suspension-worthy elbow that concussed Daniel & drove his teammates to distraction. The result was a loss in that game....& an early play-off exit for the Canucks with Daniel-out & returned to his team a game or 2 - too late.

Daniel seemed uber-determined to score & win, last night.... especially after O'Halloran's picks along the boards & now a costly "diving' call to Dorset,.. put a certain level of aggression into his slap-shot that we havent witnessed in awhile. The symbolic-bird to Dodgey-Dan was delivered! It could be seen in Daniel's countenance at the bench. He wasn't overly excited about scoring. He was still pissed & more determined than ever to get the W.

Needs more ampersand

Bo is great and is going to be a great player for this team for many years, but he did not dig that puck out. He was standing there and the puck squirted out right to him. He did, however, make an outstanding play after that on the pass to Dorsett

He also eliminated the Caps player who would have retrieved that puck by taking him out just prior to the puck arriving. If he doesn't finish his check, the play doesn't happen. He deserves credit for creating the situation leading o the puck being available and a very good, accurate pass allowing Dorsett to easily flip it past Holtby.

This O'Halloran guy should never be allowed to do a Vancouver game again.

Thanks, well put!

Congrats on the arrival of a new Canuck.

Archived