The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Prospects on TV this weekend

avelanch

so, a bunch of games are on TV this weekend in the US featuring Canucks Prospects:

Today:

5 pm Pacific Thatcher Demko's Boston College taking on New Hampshire on NBC Sports

6 pm Pacific Mike Williamson's Penn State taking on Joseph Labate's Wisconsin on ESPN West

Tomorrow:

5 pm Pacific Ben Hutton's Maine taking on Massachusets on NBC Sports

I'm pretty certain the Maine game is also on TSN in canada (if i'm remembering correctly), not sure about the other games.

Edit: it's TSN, not sportsnet

if anyone has anything you want me to look for in any of these games just let me know, i'm recording them all.

You're awesome, Avelanch.

Labate and Williamson aren't names that easily stick out in my mind, though I faintly recall them doing well on their respective teams. Who is the better player between the two, all things considered?

So far LaBate looks like he's fairly mobile and a decent skater, looks like he's lacking that killer instinct and tends to dump the puck in, even when it looks like they could enter the zone without a dump, but that seems to be the Wisconsin M.O. I gotta say, Wisconsin just looks bad out there, no life in their game. Penn state is really taking it to them, already up 2-0.

I take back LaBate being a decent skater, he's able to keep up with the play, but he looks like he's exerting so much effort to keep up, definitely not a smooth skater.. I haven't seen Williamson at all, so if he's been on the ice I sure didn't notice.

One good thing about LaBates game is that he's really strong on the boards, uses his body well.

so, a bunch of games are on TV this weekend in the US featuring Canucks Prospects:

Today:

5 pm Pacific Thatcher Demko's Boston College taking on New Hampshire on NBC Sports

6 pm Pacific Mike Williamson's Penn State taking on Joseph Labate's Wisconsin on ESPN West

Tomorrow:

5 pm Pacific Ben Hutton's Maine taking on Massachusets on NBC Sports

I'm pretty certain the Maine game is also on TSN in canada (if i'm remembering correctly), not sure about the other games.

Edit: it's TSN, not sportsnet

the Maine vs Lowell game has actually been shifted to TSN2 avelanch. That's Shaw 182 and 237 at 5pm today.

So I am still not sure Williamson even played, didn't hear his name all game, LaBate on the other hand, started to pick it up in the second and third, had some good plays, espescially in front of the net and in the corners. Seems like a Hansen type player minus the speed.

Saw a period of demko's game He looked really solid, had some impressive saves, looks really big in the net, I really liked what I saw. Good mobility and fast glove, gets set up square to the shooter early.

• 1 month later...

BUMP!

McNally (Harvard # 8) and Beattie (Yale #13) play each other on the NBC Sports Network nationwide in The US, and on TSN2 in canada Today (saturday) at 5PM Pacific.

Patrick McNally is pacing all defensemen in the nation with a 1.23 points per game mark. McNally has recorded multiple points in seven contests this season. On the year, McNally has a 4-12-16 points line.

harvard has the nation's longest (7) win streak and have the largest (2.08) average margin of victory in Division I. They top the Pairwise rankings, which is most important, but are third in both voting polls. Harvard's .846 win percentage (10--1-2) is the highest mark in NCAA Division I men's ice hockey.

As for Beattie... well, he's playing this year... so there's that...

They are playing in MSG, and Yale is the only team to have beaten Harvard all year (though that was their 6th game of the season back in November, when Harvard wasn't ranked).

Archived